Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Election Day --- Where will you be watching the results

This is quite the election year.  I usually watch the results at home but I honestly think I want to go to sports bar or something and watch the results.

Does anyone have any traditions they carry out on election day or have any plans to make this into more of an evening event than usual?

Me ?  Probably go to Pussers Caribbean Grille on A1A in PV.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I won't be watching the results.  I might check on my phone now and again, but wont' watch coverage of the election.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

The polls have spoken. It's already over.  Congratulations Hillary voters. You got what you wanted. More of the same.

I'll be asleep as usual. Then I'll wake up and drink the delicious salty tears of whatever side lost. 

Trump lost. it was decided already.  dont you read the news?  It's over.

Bernie supporters will all be on break at the same time watching coverage in the break room. 

Hope nobody is hungry for McDonald's during that time.

I thought RJ invited is all over to his couch...

Though I think holing up in Eric's remote bunker may be safer...

Quote:Bernie supporters will all be on break at the same time watching coverage in the break room. 

Hope nobody is hungry for McDonald's during that time.

Actually, the core group that consist of the framework of Bernie supporters represent the new intellectual millennials that attend the top universities in the US.

It's almost like the mentality that dictates the actions of the Cal Berkeley student and faculty population has spread across the elite universities throughout the country.

Do they fully grasp the value of a dollar?  I really don't know.  What I do know is that they have a very interesting perspective of the future and it's actually very insightful.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2016, 11:24 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:I thought RJ invited is all over to his couch...

Though I think holing up in Eric's remote bunker may be safer...

I'm only going to join the Message Board House Party (at RJ's or Eric's) if we're guaranteed that a few Mods will be there to enforce our Code of Conduct Policy !!!

I am hoping for a "ground hog day" before then otherwise I am thinking bomb shelter.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I'll probably be asleep by the time all of the polls close (I work odd hours).

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I'll probably be asleep by the time all of the polls close (I work odd hours).

You work odd hours.  That's crazy.  You mean to tell me that you work at 1-3-5-7-9-11 ?  I'd struggle to get back into the work groove if I took even hours off.   :thumbsup:

.... just some humor on this depressing Section of the Jags Message Board.

I'll most likely be on here to witness the inevitable fallout from either Jaguar Warrior or The Anchorman.

Quote:This is quite the election year. I usually watch the results at home but I honestly think I want to go to sports bar or something and watch the results.

Does anyone have any traditions they carry out on election day or have any plans to make this into more of an evening event than usual?

Me ? Probably go to Pussers Caribbean Grille on A1A in PV.

Steak and lobster for $20..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

On election night, I'm thinking about taking a big "I'm With Her" sign down to the Bayard Rooster Bar on Route 1.    :woot:

[Image: thumb_The_Bayard_Rooster.jpg]

Quote:You work odd hours.  That's crazy.  You mean to tell me that you work at 1-3-5-7-9-11 ?  I'd struggle to get back into the work groove if I took even hours off.   :thumbsup:

.... just some humor on this depressing Section of the Jags Message Board.

LOL.  I work the odd hours of 4AM - whatever-time-it-takes.  Usually I get off of work by 2 or 3PM.  If I'm lucky I'll get out of there earlier.  Getting up at 3AM means that I go to bed earlier than most people.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2016, 04:32 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:Steak and lobster for $20..

August special -- you're on top of the latest specials.  I didn't even realize that !!!

The below pic was on their FB page.

That face you make when someone drinks your Pusser's Rum Painkiller! #phelpsface 

[Image: 13934996_10153597825562471_4213999876481...e=581A0A1F]

Quote:LOL.  I work the odd hours of 4AM - whatever-time-it-takes.  Usually I get off of work by 2 or 3PM.  If I'm lucky I'll get out of there earlier.  Getting up at 3AM means that I go to bed earlier than most people.

Dang -- you need to watch out for the drunks on the road at 3am.   Gotta be tough getting sleep at night knowing you gotta get up at 3am.

Quote:Dang -- you need to watch out for the drunks on the road at 3am.   Gotta be tough getting sleep at night knowing you gotta get up at 3am.

Not really, I just live on a different schedule than most people.  My wife happens to work early hours like I do so it's just become our normal routine.  As far as drunks on the road, fortunately I don't live far from work and am not on the road very long.

Getting back on topic though, that's why I'll probably be sleeping when results come in on election night.

I will be watching on my couch with my wife and breaking down every single exit poll and demographic / county analysis until they declare a winner. Is a holiday like experience for me.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus