Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Congrats to the 2016 Pro Football Hall of Fame Inductees

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2016, 10:34 PM by Bullseye.)

Brett Favre, Tony Dungy, Eddie Debartolo, Kevin Greene, Ken Stabler, Marvin Harrison Dick Stanfel and Orlando Pace.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The only disappointing part of this is D. Stanfel and Ken Stabler didn't live long enough to be part of the HOF selection and induction experience.    In the case of D. Stanfel,  this was the 3rd time he was selected as the Senior Committee nominee.   Why the General committee wouldn't listen to the advice of the Senior Committee the other two times is beyond me.

I think D. Stanfel's selection to the HOF helps Tony Boselli's eventual chances,  as they both were dominant players but had similar length ( 7 season ) careers. 

Quote:The only disappointing part of this is D. Stanfel and Ken Stabler didn't live long enough to be part of the HOF selection and induction experience.    In the case of D. Stanfel,  this was the 3rd time he was selected as the Senior Committee nominee.   Why the General committee wouldn't listen to the advice of the Senior Committee the other two times is beyond me.

I think D. Stanfel's selection to the HOF helps Tony Boselli's eventual chances,  as they both were dominant players but had similar length ( 7 season ) careers. 
As to your closing point, Dwight Stephenson had a career of similar length to Boselli and he is in the Hall of Fame.

Even with his shortened career, he wound up on the All decade team of the 1990s, made 5 Pro Bowls and multiple All Pro teams. 

Boselli deserves to be in Canton.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!