Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MOVIES

(05-27-2019, 01:39 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 03:32 PM)rollerjag Wrote: What did he do to you?

He was my pain in the butt brother-in-law. I didn't like him much but you can't let a guy live without hearing Journey. I mean, I didn't like him but he didn't kill my cat or anything.

You could have given him the Steve Augeri stuff. That way he's heard Journey, but you've let him suffer a bit.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-27-2019, 02:11 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(05-27-2019, 01:39 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: He was my pain in the butt brother-in-law. I didn't like him much but you can't let a guy live without hearing Journey. I mean, I didn't like him but he didn't kill my cat or anything.

You could have given him the Steve Augeri stuff. That way he's heard Journey, but you've let him suffer a bit.

This was back in the 90's. I don't think he was in the band yet, was he?

(05-27-2019, 11:17 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(05-27-2019, 02:11 AM)TJBender Wrote: You could have given him the Steve Augeri stuff. That way he's heard Journey, but you've let him suffer a bit.

This was back in the 90's. I don't think he was in the band yet, was he?

Actually, no. I'm amazed by that. I thought he joined in the late '80s, but my guess was about a decade early.

I saw El Camino. It's on Netflix. Great, great movie. Of course, you have to have seen Breaking Bad to understand it.

(05-27-2019, 01:39 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 03:32 PM)rollerjag Wrote: What did he do to you?

He was my pain in the butt brother-in-law. I didn't like him much but you can't let a guy live without hearing Journey. I mean, I didn't like him but he didn't kill my cat or anything.

Forcing him to listen to Journey is worse than waterboarding.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(12-20-2019, 10:59 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(05-27-2019, 01:39 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: He was my pain in the butt brother-in-law. I didn't like him much but you can't let a guy live without hearing Journey. I mean, I didn't like him but he didn't kill my cat or anything.

Forcing him to listen to Journey is worse than waterboarding.

The hell are you saying?!  Big Grin

Checking out this last star wats movie tonight hopefully it’s good and doesn’t disappoint like the last jedi
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Wow thank you JJ For fixing the mess Rian Johnson creates. great job wrapping up the overall story they gave it a great ending. My only Though was to bad JJ didn’t direct all three movies they could’ve completely skipped TLJ and made this one into two movies. There was a ton of interesting concepts that felt rushed to fit in one movie but overall I give it an A++
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(12-21-2019, 12:32 AM)EricC85 Wrote: Wow thank you JJ For fixing the mess Rian Johnson creates. great job wrapping up the overall story they gave it a great ending. My only Though was to bad JJ didn’t direct all three movies they could’ve completely skipped TLJ and made this one into two movies. There was a ton of interesting concepts that felt rushed to fit in one movie but overall I give it an A++

When I learned Abrams co-wrote and directed this one I was so relieved. Rian [BLEEP] can rot for what he did to TLJ. A friend said TLJ doesn't even look or sound like TFA and TRoS. 

Thank. God.

(12-21-2019, 09:05 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-21-2019, 12:32 AM)EricC85 Wrote: Wow thank you JJ For fixing the mess Rian Johnson creates. great job wrapping up the overall story they gave it a great ending. My only Though was to bad JJ didn’t direct all three movies they could’ve completely skipped TLJ and made this one into two movies. There was a ton of interesting concepts that felt rushed to fit in one movie but overall I give it an A++

When I learned Abrams co-wrote and directed this one I was so relieved. Rian [BLEEP] can rot for what he did to TLJ. A friend said TLJ doesn't even look or sound like TFA and TRoS. 

Thank. God.

I'd love to know what got filtered out in that post...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2019, 12:37 AM by JagswinJagswin.)

I saw the new Star Wars and thought it was by far the best of the trilogy, of course that's not saying much. I thought the other 2 were a steaming pile of smelly stuff. Since we didn't have Leia magically staying alive in the middle of space for like 3 min and flying back into the ship, the thing I hated most about this movie was Kylo Ren. My goodness what a boring bad guy in all of the movies, even Anakin was a better villain. Kylo was just a whiny kid that threw temper tantrums. At no point during any movie did I think of him as evil, just wah wah wah, I want my way...

The only 2 Star Wars movies that I really enjoyed after the original trilogy was Rogue One and Solo. I know Solo gets a lot of heat and it wasn't a perfect movie by any stretch but not being a huge fan boy I thought it was pretty good. There were some parts of Attack of the Clones & Revenge of the Sith that were pretty good but I prolly never need to watch them again.
I certainly wouldn't give Skywalker an A but on a generous day I could give it a solid B. I'll have to watch it again before I know for sure.

I have very mixed feelings about JJ Abrams. I have really enjoyed a lot of his TV stuff (Lost, Fringe, Alcatraz, Revolution) and some of his movies, although I wanted to strangle him when he made Khan the bad guy in the second Star Trek movie....wait wasn't that already done? He has some very original ideas for TV but it seems he has less ideas when trying to continue a franchise movie wise. For example The Force Awakens is the same story as A New Hope just newer characters, he brings back Khan in Star Trek when he had an entire Universe of bad guys to choose from. What's the deal?

Kylo was made sufficiently evil in this one. I had my issues with it, including one huge issue with something that happened towards the very end, but on the whole it was a decent movie. Maybe not the epic finale the story needed, but a somewhat above average one that feels appropriate for a franchise which has consistently fallen into the realm of "somewhat above average". But hey, what do I know? I thought "The Last Jedi" was a nice new take on the material, aside from how it treated Luke. It burned the franchise's past to the ground and set the table for a dark, epic conclusion. What we got here wasn't really a conclusion, more of a "to be continued when we want more money", and it pulled so many cop-outs that I struggle to call it epic. I'll stop there for spoiler's sake. I enjoyed it, I'm glad I saw it, and like just about all of the films aside from the original, Empire and Rogue One, I don't know that I'll go out of my way to see it again.

(12-22-2019, 12:47 PM)TJBender Wrote: Kylo was made sufficiently evil in this one. I had my issues with it, including one huge issue with something that happened towards the very end, but on the whole it was a decent movie. Maybe not the epic finale the story needed, but a somewhat above average one that feels appropriate for a franchise which has consistently fallen into the realm of "somewhat above average". But hey, what do I know? I thought "The Last Jedi" was a nice new take on the material, aside from how it treated Luke. It burned the franchise's past to the ground and set the table for a dark, epic conclusion. What we got here wasn't really a conclusion, more of a "to be continued when we want more money", and it pulled so many cop-outs that I struggle to call it epic. I'll stop there for spoiler's sake. I enjoyed it, I'm glad I saw it, and like just about all of the films aside from the original, Empire and Rogue One, I don't know that I'll go out of my way to see it again.

SPOILERS!!!!! Crap man. Glad I stopped reading. I hate being spoiled of any legit detail. I only watched one trailer of this movie and have read nothing about it so I would go in with an open mind.

(12-22-2019, 12:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-21-2019, 09:05 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: When I learned Abrams co-wrote and directed this one I was so relieved. Rian [BLEEP] can rot for what he did to TLJ. A friend said TLJ doesn't even look or sound like TFA and TRoS. 

Thank. God.

I'd love to know what got filtered out in that post...

Which part is confusing?

During the dreary weather yesterday I binge watched the last 6 episodes of the final season of The Man in the High Castle. Wow, talk about a story line going off the rails. It was never really that good, but the writers completely lost the plot. You could see the hasty effort to fill screen time and close out the show.

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2019, 08:39 AM by RicoTx.)

Tomorrow night will be the annual Christmas Eve movies viewing.  Couple bottles of wine.  Hopefully the weather will clear up and we can have a fire in the firepit and turn on the outside TV.  Then watch Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life, Holiday Inn, and if not too bored or tired, Scrooged.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

For some reason I always watch Mystery, Alaska for Christmas. It's not a Christmas movie but I must have watched it for the first time around that time so now it's a Christmas movie for me. 

There are a couple of actual Christmas movies on Netflix I might watch. Or maybe a few episodes of The Witcher. Hubby is working tonight and tomorrow night so it's all about me and the cat.

(12-23-2019, 06:25 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: For some reason I always watch Mystery, Alaska for Christmas. It's not a Christmas movie but I must have watched it for the first time around that time so now it's a Christmas movie for me. 

There are a couple of actual Christmas movies on Netflix I might watch. Or maybe a few episodes of The Witcher. Hubby is working tonight and tomorrow night so it's all about me and the cat.

Anna and the Apocalypse is a wonderful modern Christmas classic.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2019, 05:18 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I went to the movies today and caught an early morning showing of Knives Out. Wow! That was a fun movie! I'm a sucker for a good mystery and this one did not disappoint. The performances were great, the cinematography was very good and the writing and direction was brilliant. This thing has so many twist and turns and everything is tied up at the end in a beautiful, sensible, intelligent conclusion. I was thinking that the twist might be a generic cop out type ending, but it wasn't. It went in a totally different direction that was completely original and thoroughly enjoyable. This was the best film I've seen in at least 3 years and will definitely go into my top 10 all-time. I HIGHLY recommend this movie.

[Image: knivesout.jpg]

I saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood last night. It was a very good movie. If you're a young person, it helps to know about Charles Manson and the Sharon Tate murder.