Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MOVIES

I cringe every time Hollywood revisits an old movie. The remake or sequel is so far below the standard set by the original that it's almost criminal. American cinema is going to hell in a hand basket.   

In that respect, Coming 2 America doesn't disappoint. It's overstylized, needlessly base, and poorly written. The original wasn't historically significant, but it had its genuinely funny parts. The sequel is dumb. The only redeeming scenes were with the alternate characters played by Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall. Especially the barber shop crew. That's timeless stuff.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2021, 01:10 PM by americus 2.0.)

I saw the trailer for Without Remorse and was super excited until I realized it was going to be a movie and not a series like Jack Ryan on Amazon. The story of Mr. Clark is too detailed to shoehorn it into a movie. He was my favorite character in the Jack Ryan books and loved Without Remorse and Rainbow Six. I don't mind that they adapted the story to current times but they completely changed the essence of his story. It's a darn shame but I'll still watch it.

Without Remorse

Maybe it's because of the limitations due to Covid, but this has been a very disappointing season for movies. No real standouts. Just a bunch of either bad or so-so films that were semi-entertaining, but I really wouldn't want to revisit.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 03:07 PM by WingerDinger.)

Looks like we're getting a Munsters Movie directed by Rob Zombie

And Elvira gonna be in this one..

https://movieweb.com/amp/the-munsters-mo...ob-zombie/

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(03-15-2021, 03:04 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Looks like we're getting a Munsters Movie directed by Rob Zombie

And Elvira gonna be in this one..

https://movieweb.com/amp/the-munsters-mo...ob-zombie/

Love his music, but he has to stop casting his wife in every movie. She's terrible. If it weren't for Rob, she'd have no acting career at all. Halloween 2 was abysmal, because he basically forced his wife's character into the movie and it made no sense to the story.

(03-14-2021, 03:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Maybe it's because of the limitations due to Covid, but this has been a very disappointing season for movies. No real standouts. Just a bunch of either bad or so-so films that were semi-entertaining, but I really wouldn't want to revisit.

Evidently it was announced in 2018 it would be a movie with the part of Mr. Clark/John Kelly played by Michael B. Jordan.

Ok, I admit it. I watched Godzilla vs. Kong this afternoon. There's two hours of my life I won't get back.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(04-02-2021, 06:50 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Ok, I admit it. I watched Godzilla vs. Kong this afternoon. There's two hours of my life I won't get back.

So don't watch it? I thought about watching it when I saw it was streaming on HBOMax.

(04-02-2021, 06:50 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Ok, I admit it. I watched Godzilla vs. Kong this afternoon. There's two hours of my life I won't get back.

It took a lot of turning my brain off to get through.

(04-02-2021, 11:34 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

So don't watch it? I thought about watching it when I saw it was streaming on HBOMax.

To late. To be fair, I think it will appeal to the adolescent audience. The special effects in blockbusters are getting crazy good.

As someone who has been a big Godzilla fan since the age of 4 and really enjoyed the 2014 Godzilla film directed by Gareth Edwards, I can honestly say the last two Godzilla movies directed by Michael Dougherty and Adam Wingard have been total garbage. The CGI sucked, the cinematography was so dark in spots that you couldn't tell what was going on and in the case of Godzilla vs. Kong, the story was ridiculous, full of plot holes and had uninteresting characters. I loathed this film. Most, if not all Godzilla fans will tell you that the 1998 Godzilla film starring Matthew Broderick,  is so hated by fans that it's not even considered part of the Godzilla universe. I agree. With that said, I'd rather watch that movie on a continuous loop than watch Godzilla vs. Kong, even one more time. 

The CGI in the last two Godzilla films have been abysmal. They are very cartoonish and look more like paintings come to life. They have a very similar look to the Green Lantern film, staring Ryan Reynolds. Godzilla vs. Kong is just awful, but at least this film didn't have that weird blue tint to it like King of the Monsters had. I guess that is something.

Finally, the worst part of the movie was the ridiculous plot holes. It deals with the hollow earth theory, where certain people believe there is basically a smaller version of earth, deep within our own earth. It's a sci-fiction movie, so that isn't my problem. My issues occur within one particular scene where Kong is in this "middle earth,"  presumably thousands of miles underground. He looks up as Godzilla looks down and shoots his nuclear breath, creating a hole all the way down to where Kong is. The look at one another like they are on different floors of a house, even though they are thousands of miles apart and in a matter of 2 minutes, Kong crawls out of the hole and battles Godzilla. What the hell? I can suspend my disbelief for a lot of things, but in this case, it's simply impossible. 

This movie should be nominated for and win a Razzie Award as the worst film of 2021. It has no redeeming qualities what so ever.

(04-03-2021, 06:12 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 11:34 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: So don't watch it? I thought about watching it when I saw it was streaming on HBOMax.

To late. To be fair, I think it will appeal to the adolescent audience. The special effects in blockbusters are getting crazy good.

I asked that as advice.

I think my son and I will watch Big Man Japan instead, maybe watch one of the original godzillas to show him what special effects were like in the before times.

(04-04-2021, 12:47 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-03-2021, 06:12 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: To late. To be fair, I think it will appeal to the adolescent audience. The special effects in blockbusters are getting crazy good.

I asked that as advice.

Oh, gotcha. Yes, definitely don't watch it. Unless you have insomnia.

My wife and I watched a movie called Becky the other night.. Got Kevin James in it, but definitely not a comedy lol..

Kinda rocked.. liked it..

(04-05-2021, 11:46 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: My wife and I watched a movie called Becky the other night.. Got Kevin James in it, but definitely not a comedy lol..

If you like Kevin James in a comedy try True Memoirs of an International Assassin.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(04-05-2021, 12:48 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-05-2021, 11:46 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: My wife and I watched a movie called Becky the other night.. Got Kevin James in it, but definitely not a comedy lol..

If you like Kevin James in a comedy try True Memoirs of an International Assassin.

Not a huge fan of his, but I like him.. We were more interested in the horror/thriller aspect of the movie.. Definitely didn't disappoint..

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2021, 10:35 PM by WingerDinger.)

Yeah, I gotta go with the majority on King Kong vs Godzilla..

Big movie budget with B movie ideas..

Disappointing..

I did see 7 and thought they were in the Upside Down for a bit..

(04-07-2021, 10:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Yeah, I gotta go with the majority on King Kong vs Godzilla..

Big movie budget with B movie ideas..

Disappointing..

I did see 7 and thought they were in the Upside Down for a bit..

You mean Eleven? 

Seven is on a different show. Lol.

Just watched a corny, horrible, old movie that I've always liked for some reason. Galaxy Quest.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]