Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MOVIES

(04-08-2021, 06:59 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 10:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Yeah, I gotta go with the majority on King Kong vs Godzilla..

Big movie budget with B movie ideas..

Disappointing..

I did see 7 and thought they were in the Upside Down for a bit..

You mean Eleven? 

Seven is on a different show. Lol.

Oh yeah, Eleven haha

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-08-2021, 08:39 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Just watched a corny, horrible, old movie that I've always liked for some reason.  Galaxy Quest.
I like that one too. It's cornball but it's meant to be. A poor cousin to Spaceballs but fun nonetheless.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2021, 05:21 AM by The Real Marty.)

(04-09-2021, 06:28 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 08:39 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Just watched a corny, horrible, old movie that I've always liked for some reason.  Galaxy Quest.
I like that one too. It's cornball but it's meant to be. A poor cousin to Spaceballs but fun nonetheless.

Galaxy Quest is a very funny movie.  I wonder what William Shatner thought of it.

(04-09-2021, 06:28 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:

It wasn't horrible to see Sigourney Weaver showing some cleavage most of the movie either...

Smile
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I'm flipping through the channels and see AMC is showing "The Bonfire of the Vanities". It reminded me I need to read the most excellent book again.

(07-05-2021, 10:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm flipping through the channels and see AMC is showing "The Bonfire of the Vanities".  It reminded me I need to read the most excellent book again.

Read?

(07-06-2021, 08:05 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(07-05-2021, 10:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm flipping through the channels and see AMC is showing "The Bonfire of the Vanities".  It reminded me I need to read the most excellent book again.

Read?

I am resurrecting the ancient arts.

(04-09-2021, 06:31 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 06:28 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I like that one too. It's cornball but it's meant to be. A poor cousin to Spaceballs but fun nonetheless.

Galaxy Quest is a very funny movie.  I wonder what William Shatner thought of it.

There's a documentary on it on Amazon Prime... apparently Galaxy Quest has a huge cult following.

Which makes sense... it was a parody of Trek.. and their fans love everything relating to it.. including movies paying homage to it.

I thought Spaceballs was too blue - went for the easy comedy too much. It's nothing in comparison to Blazing Saddles.. Mel Brooks' greatest work. Probably thanks to Richard Pryor writing it.

(07-06-2021, 08:59 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 06:31 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Galaxy Quest is a very funny movie.  I wonder what William Shatner thought of it.

There's a documentary on it on Amazon Prime... apparently Galaxy Quest has a huge cult following.

Which makes sense... it was a parody of Trek.. and their fans love everything relating to it.. including movies paying homage to it.

I thought Spaceballs was too blue - went for the easy comedy too much. It's nothing in comparison to Blazing Saddles.. Mel Brooks' greatest work. Probably thanks to Richard Pryor writing it.

Yeah Spaceballs was hilarious at the time but hasn't aged well at all. Blazing Saddles for laugh out loud comedy is tough to beat but I give the edge to Young Frankenstein for the sheer level of parody genius in regards to the source material.

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2021, 07:41 PM by Jags.)

Damn “Spaceballs”. That’s a blast from the past.  If we’re bringing up Mel Brooks,  anyone remember “History of the World”?  “Here are the 15( drops stone tablet), 10 commandments!” I loved that as when I was a teen.  Which reminds me of “The Gods must Be Crazy”.  Not nearly as good but funny.

Teri Garr in Young Frankenstein..

Such a hottie..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Blazing Saddles is the funniest movie ever!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(07-06-2021, 08:35 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Blazing Saddles is the funniest movie ever!

I've never seen it, if it pops up free somewhere I'll check it out.

(07-06-2021, 10:08 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 08:35 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Blazing Saddles is the funniest movie ever!

Watch the uncensored version if possible.

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2021, 09:04 AM by The Real Marty.)

It's a very very funny movie.   Maybe top 10.   But not number one.  

This is Spinal Tap
Dr Strangelove
Slap Shot
Office Space
Tootsie
Raising Arizona

On second thought, it's hard to pick one.  I keep coming back and adding to this list.  But those are some of my favorites.

Don't forget:

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fhrshotelsgroup.com%2Fblo...f=1&nofb=1]

Animal House anyone?

(07-06-2021, 10:08 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

I'm reminded of a coworker who had never seen Apocalypse Now. No one could believe it, and he's plenty old enough to have appreciated the movie's importance and popularity. Another coworker brings in a DVD for him to take home and watch. What does he do? He pops into his work computer, minimizes it to a thumbnail in the corner of a screen and let's it play while he works. But this is a guy who lives on a steady diet of comic book movies. I still give him hell about it.

(07-07-2021, 08:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

It's a very very funny movie.   Maybe top 10.   But not number one.  

This is Spinal Tap
Dr Strangelove
Slap Shot
Office Space
Tootsie
Raising Arizona

On second thought, it's hard to pick one.  I keep coming back and adding to this list.  But those are some of my favorites.

It is. The Man With Two Brains is funny in a slapstick kind of way. Most early Steve Martin movies are terrific. The Jerk is a classic.

(07-07-2021, 09:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Don't forget:

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fhrshotelsgroup.com%2Fblo...f=1&nofb=1]

Another classic!