Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Eric Fisher Extension

Fisher just got a 6 year 63mil deal...

Makes me happy to know we have a GM who knows value. This would be like Dave giving LJ an extension. Fisher hasn't been any better than Joke. I can understand keeping him around, but for that money?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...sf32148622
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That seems high.Fisher is better than Joke, but not enormously better

I am sure part of the sticker shock is due to the constantly escalating contracts and is just part of the game financially. Even with that, it seems really high for the player himself. I think he might be a bit better than Joeckel, but not much. I could see picking up the fifth year option, but not giving him anywhere near the contract he got. I would have waited until after the season.

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

Terrible deal for Chief fans. He ain't worth 63 mil.

That's a really strange deal.

Imagine if we erased Joeckel's game against Houston from memory and then signed him to a $63 million deal; because that's what Kansas City just did. Fisher has gotten better each season he's been in the league, but he's still only a serviceable left tackle.

He had 42 pressures and improved to 37 pressures.

Then struck gold.

It's just a bad deal. It reminds me of the McNabb deal in Washington. Like....wait a minute....why did they just do that.

Fisher was pretty good last year

Quote:Fisher was pretty good last year

Not really. He was better. But his first two years were awful.

The deal is surprising.
;

;

Quote:Not really. He was better. But his first two years were awful.

The deal is surprising.

Perhaps not.My god that contract is almost the biggest LT contract in the league!

This just shows how hard it has become to find a good left tackle. Due to the spread offense in college? Perhaps.

Also make Joeckel look a little more viable.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.