Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WR Lee sits out due to hammy

Really so Lee apparently has outshined Hurns because of when he was selected.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Really so Lee apparently has outshined Hurns because of when he was selected.

That's a lazy argument. It's like using the Tom Brady in the 6th argument. There are outliers, or course. Rashad Greene didn't even have 100 yards receiving last year. And if you told me right now that I had a choice between a healthy Lee or a healthy Hurns for the next 8 years, I'd take a healthy Lee 10 times out of 10. His issue has never been talent l, it's been staying on the field. Thays why in my original comment I emphasized a healthy Lee.

Man get that IF stuff out of here. It doesn't do any of us any good because we as Jag fans have been burned by the what/well if argument. Rashad Greene had 93 yards and 2 TD receiving AND 301 punt return yards with 1 TD. Now tell me how much better Lee did for this team last year?

Quote:Man get that IF stuff out of here. It doesn't do any of us any good because we as Jag fans have been burned by the what/well if argument. Rashad Greene had 93 yards and 2 TD receiving AND 301 punt return yards with 1 TD. Now tell me how much better Lee did for this team last year?

If you're trying to argue that Rashad Greene is a better reciever than Lee, well I guess you're entitled to your opinion. But I'm not going to entertain it any further. It just seems asinine to me. I think anybody with a set of eyes can see who the better player is.

Lee is in a different class in terms of talent minus Robinson. Lee is a highly talented WR.

He's capable of playing the position at an elite level. The best ability is availability but his injuries haven't been major. Yes he's missed time but hamstring injuries happen and they do often take considerable time to heal. Some guys just seem to get them easier too.

I think we see big things from Lee this year. He's the missing piece this offense needs at the skill position. He can get deep and take the top off.

Robinson, Lee and Hurns are as good of a young trio as you will find.

Quote:Man get that IF stuff out of here. It doesn't do any of us any good because we as Jag fans have been burned by the what/well if argument. Rashad Greene had 93 yards and 2 TD receiving AND 301 punt return yards with 1 TD. Now tell me how much better Lee did for this team last year?

I like Greene as a returner as much as anyone but he's not anywhere near as talented as a WR.

He's a darn good return man though and we need that. He's seemingly finding himself a good spot on the roster.

I find it very strange that this always turns into a Lee vs Greene conversation. 

Lee and Greene are NOT in some sort of battle for a roster spot or even the #3 position on the depth chart. 

They are two guys with two distinctly different roles for this football team and they will both be on the 53 no matter what.

Lee is the superior athlete, but who cares?  They both bring a very valuable skill-set to the table. 

Quote:If you're trying to argue that Rashad Greene is a better reciever than Lee, well I guess you're entitled to your opinion. But I'm not going to entertain it any further. It just seems asinine to me. I think anybody with a set of eyes can see who the better player is.

It is obvious. From what we've seen in actual games (as in not preseason games) on the field, Greene has looked considerably better.

'02

Quote:Lee is in a different class in terms of talent minus Robinson. Lee is a highly talented WR.

He's capable of playing the position at an elite level. The best ability is availability but his injuries haven't been major. Yes he's missed time but hamstring injuries happen and they do often take considerable time to heal. Some guys just seem to get them easier too.

I think we see big things from Lee this year. He's the missing piece this offense needs at the skill position. He can get deep and take the top off.

Robinson, Lee and Hurns are as good of a young trio as you will find.

Quote:I like Greene as a returner as much as anyone but he's not anywhere near as talented as a WR.

He's a darn good return man though and we need that. He's seemingly finding himself a good spot on the roster.

All of this is referring to Lee's potential given what he did in college, but it surely not from what we've seen him do with the Jaguars. To date, Lee has one impressive play where he had ultra-concentration on that bobbled catch. He's surely making the roster based strictly on his potential and I'd be kidding myself if I really thought otherwise, but at some point we need to see that potential become reality.

'02

Quote:It is obvious. From what we've seen in actual games (as in not preseason games) on the field, Greene has looked considerably better.

It's hard to take anything you say seriously when you think Corey Grant is the next coming of Barry Sanders. Your player evaluation skills are atrocious.

Quote:It's hard to take anything you say seriously when you think Corey Grant is the next coming of Barry Sanders. Your player evaluation skills are atrocious.

It's ironic really when you think about it. He/she likes grant based solely off of athletic potential, but not Lee...

Quote:All of this is referring to Lee's potential given what he did in college, but it surely not from what we've seen him do with the Jaguars. To date, Lee has
one impressive play
where he had ultra-concentration on that bobbled catch. He's surely making the roster based strictly on his potential and I'd be kidding myself if I really thought otherwise, but at some point we need to see that potential become reality.
Didn't watch that Giants game, huh?

Here ya go:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highl...d-TD-catch

Quote:It is obvious. From what we've seen in actual games (as in not preseason games) on the field, Greene has looked considerably better.

The guy who hasn't topped 28 yards in a single game is "considerably better" than the guy that has topped that on 5 individual catches?  I like Greene, he's got talent and potential, but he hasn't done anything in regular season games to warrant being propped up as more talented than Lee.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2016, 06:20 AM by Deacon.)

Quote:I find it very strange that this always turns into a Lee vs Greene conversation.

Lee and Greene are NOT in some sort of battle for a roster spot or even the #3 position on the depth chart.

They are two guys with two distinctly different roles for this football team and they will both be on the 53 no matter what.

Lee is the superior athlete, but who cares? They both bring a very valuable skill-set to the table.
Better be careful with those sensible takes. They'll get ya in trouble around here.

But to your point, you couldn't be any more accurate. Lee has the ability to take the top off of the defense whereas Greene carves it up from the inside. I don't get why folks compare the two other than simply counting past the number two.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Didn't watch that Giants game, huh?

Here ya go:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highl...d-TD-catch

ok.. two impressive plays.

'02

The best ability.....

well you guys know how it goes.

Lee could be a superstar. If his hammies allow it.

Greene could be a solid player, and through progression could become a star. 

One will have to continue to work on his craft... the other has to hope he isn't some soft tissue casualty.

If picking for ONE game, I'll take Lee, but looking for someone to actually be there for the season, my money is on Greene being more productive.

If Lee gets/stays healthy.... we'll have a seriously good problem on our hands.

Quote:The best ability.....

well you guys know how it goes.

Lee could be a superstar. If his hammies allow it.

Greene could be a solid player, and through progression could become a star.

One will have to continue to work on his craft... the other has to hope he isn't some soft tissue casualty.

If picking for ONE game, I'll take Lee, but looking for someone to actually be there for the season, my money is on Greene being more productive.

If Lee gets/stays healthy.... we'll have a seriously good problem on our hands.

They don't play the same position...

Quote:ok.. two impressive plays.
He had another impressive catch on Thursday.

It's hard to take any of your player evaluations seriously. It's like you just make things up based on what you want to see and call it an evaluation.

Quote:They don't play the same position...
Wide Receiver?

Quote:He had another impressive catch on Thursday.

It's hard to take any of your player evaluations seriously. It's like you just make things up based on what you want to see and call it an evaluation.

We were talking about real games...not preseason games. I hadn't recalled the Giants TD from his rookie season.

That said, what was so impressive about any of his catches this past Thursday? By impressive, I mean something more than your run-of-the-mill, dime-a-dozen catches that WRs are expected to make. Something, for instance, like Tony Washington's big catch and run.

Maybe I overlooked it, so describe for me in vivid detail how impressive the catch was you're talking about.

'02