Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blaine Gabbert is a good NFL QB

He is not "a good NFL QB". He is not the walking disaster, one of the biggest busts of all-time like he was here. So instead of having a career like Akili Smith or Ryan Leaf, he will have a career like Joey Harrington or David Carr.

But in no way, shape or form is he "good". If he starts for the 49ers, he will easily be one of the worst two or three starting quarterbacks in the league.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He can curl up in the fetal position better than anyone!!!

Peyton Mannig took offense to this post.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Take it to the bank hell beat out kap

Did you see his 13 yard scramble ? I swear he never did that here.

I still think he is a turd, but he was really really young coming into the NFL. If he ended up turning into a great QB I would be shocked. He has arm talent, no one will deny him that.. But that is usually where the pros ended with him. If he has learned to stand in the pocket and make his reads he will be serviceable. That scramble was nice too. 

He has improved a lot.

I can understand why people on this board are mad at him, but I wish him the best. He is not a bad kid.

he isn't bad but he aint no blake bortles so i don't have any regrets

[Image: giphy.gif]

It was only a pre-season game, so obviously there's a healthy dose of salt on this...

But Gabbert looked a million times better than brock osweiler in that game.  That's not praise for gabby.  That should be concern for the tinhorns.  

Gabbert is an awful NFL qb. He's a backup on a good team. Kaep and RG3 and Teddy Bridgewater will all be backups. Osweiler isn't very good. If I was the Texans, I would have traded for Mike Glennon. 

Quote:It was only a pre-season game, so obviously there's a healthy dose of salt on this...

But Gabbert looked a million times better than brock osweiler in that game. That's not praise for gabby. That should be concern for the tinhorns.

Wouldn't suprise me. He was never really impressive to me in Denver, and Denver has a better offense than Houston does. I bet Mark Sanchez looks better in Denver than Osweiler does in Houston.

What will carry Houston is their defense, just like last season. We need to be able to attack their defense, and keep Hopkins in check.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Did you see his 13 yard scramble ? I swear he never did that here.

Yes, he did.

It's just cuter to remember catch phrases like "fetal position."

I'm convinced he simply guesses on plays.  He can look like an NFL QB when everything happens like it should.  That just doesn't happen often enough.

I think he picks the guy he's going to throw to in the huddle or at the LOS and sticks to it.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote: If I was the Texans, I would have traded for Mike Glennon. 

Glennon doesn't get his due.  He's a starter for someone.  There are a few worse guys penciled in or competing for starting jobs right now.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I think gabbert's ceiling is alex smith at best. A ok game manager

Quote:Yes, he did.

It's just cuter to remember catch phrases like "fetal position."

I'm convinced he simply guesses on plays. He can look like an NFL QB when everything happens like it should. That just doesn't happen often enough.

I think he picks the guy he's going to throw to in the huddle or at the LOS and sticks to it.

I don't remember him ever scrambling like that here. He looks a lot faster.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2016, 03:23 PM by Go_jags3228.)

He was the best qb on the field besides maybe thad lewis oswieler should be sweatin bullets n kap should b cleanin his locker out

Quote:He is not "a good NFL QB". He is not the walking disaster, one of the biggest busts of all-time like he was here. So instead of having a career like Akili Smith or Ryan Leaf, he will have a career like Joey Harrington or David Carr.

But in no way, shape or form is he "good". If he starts for the 49ers, he will easily be one of the worst two or three starting quarterbacks in the league.
I think those are good comps. Ultimately, I believe Gabbert ends up being a backup for most of his career and may end up being a decent one. It's a shame, because he does have talent and all those physical traits you want, but I guess no matter how hard you can throw it, how fast you can run it or how athletic you are, if you don't have that instinct or fearlessness that so many good ones have, it's all a waste. 

He averaged 4.5 yards per pass attempt last night.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:He averaged 4.5 yards per pass attempt last night.

And ran 9 times for 43 yards for an average of 4.8 yards

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

He still won 28-0

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:He still won 28-0
 The most important stat of them all.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.