Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blaine Gabbert is a good NFL QB

Quote:Its just you, they are still there

I can't see the videos either.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He averaged 4.5 yards per pass attempt last night.
yep same ol' Gabbers

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

He's 1-0 and we are 0-1

Out ran Todd Gurley

Quote:He's 1-0 and we are 0-1

But which team will have a better record at the end of the 2016 season, Gabbert's 49's or our Jags?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Out ran Todd Gurley

And according to BklynJag logic, that means gabbert is a better RB than Gurley. 1-0 vs 0-1....
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Really bruh?

Gabbert played well the other night. His accuracy is an issue, but he did what he needed to and running for those 1st downs is only going to make his team play harder. 

Quote:Gabbert played well the other night. His accuracy is an issue, but he did what he needed to and running for those 1st downs is only going to make his team play harder. 

They say he sees the field well (doesn't surprise me as he's really smart) but his hesitant to throw downfield, if Blaine can muster up the courage to test defenses downfield he'll have a chance to be a top 15 QB imo. He's played well considering the talent (or lack thereof) around him, especially at WR & TE.

Quote:They say he sees the field well (doesn't surprise me as he's really smart) but his hesitant to throw downfield, if Blaine can muster up the courage to test defenses downfield he'll have a chance to be a top 15 QB imo. He's played well considering the talent (or lack thereof) around him, especially at WR & TE.

I don't see him being a top 15 QB, but with their defense, they can win some games if he plays like he played. 

I never defended Gabbert while he was here and am glad we got rid of him, but I can't remember EVER seeing him play as hard here in ANY game as he played the other night.

It it coaching? Is he a changed man? Who knows, but I'm going with coaching.

Well he was also like 21 years old when we threw him out there with very little training camp or practice.

I always thought that was a terrible move.

lol

Good? Sure. Good.

He'll never be better than good though. Rams also looked really bad. That D is not what is was last season.

Quote:I don't see him being a top 15 QB, but with their defense, they can win some games if he plays like he played. 

I never defended Gabbert while he was here and am glad we got rid of him, but I can't remember EVER seeing him play as hard here in ANY game as he played the other night.

It it coaching? Is he a changed man? Who knows, but I'm going with coaching.
When Gabs played Green Bay he had a career game, iirc. I thought that was him turning the corner. He never put another game like that together.

Quote:When Gabs played Green Bay he had a career game, iirc. I thought that was him turning the corner. He never put another game like that together.

Yep.

I actually went to that game and walked away, while saddened about the loss, encouraged about the future. 

Little did we all know that we had seen his peak for the next several seasons.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

It used to be infuriating because he'd be like 8/15 going into the half with 80yards passing.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:It used to be infuriating because he'd be like 8/15 going into the half with 80yards passing.
blake would have that number in the first quarter. lol. I think Dave Caldwell made the right decision boys. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Let's see what he looks like vs a real D this weekend.

And if we lose to a Gabbert-led 9ers team then I'm out....

Quote:Let's see what he looks like vs a real D this weekend.

And if we lose to a Gabbert-led 9ers team then I'm out....

I don't see how you can lose this game.

You played last Thursday night giving you 10 days off between games and they played the late game on MNF giving them less then the normal full week of rest, you have the reigning NFL MVP, at QB, and, well, they have Gabbert, plus you are at home and they have the long travel and a different time zone.

I figure the refs will also be watching the hits on Cam even closer this game because of what happened last game.

I mean, how the heck can you lose?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Just curious. Money being equal, who would you rather have as the backup QB here? Gabbert or Henne?