Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ted Cruz Speech at Convention

Just saw a car with an I'm with her bumper sticker!!

It was on a hybrid car, too!!

By the way, you guys can be so dumb sometimes...

You realize all politics is identity politics. Duh!!! Nobody votes for a politician they don't identify with in some way.

I swear, I feel like I need to change my name to Professor_The_Anchorman

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Just saw a car with an I'm with her bumper sticker!!

It was on a hybrid car, too!!

By the way, you guys can be so dumb sometimes...

You realize all politics is identity politics. Duh!!! Nobody votes for a politician they don't identify with in some way.

I swear, I feel like I need to change my name to Professor_The_Anchorman

So, you're Ready for Hillary there gimpy?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:So, you're Ready for Hillary there gimpy?

At this point, here's how I feel about these elections with Clinton and Trump:  How are we gonna get hosed and who hoses us first?  A pox on both their houses at this point.

[Image: 200.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2016, 11:17 PM by jagherd.)

Quote:You realize all politics is identity politics. Duh!!! Nobody votes for a politician they don't identify with in some way.
Yes, that's identity politics. But that's different (a level better) than the identity politics I was talking about.

1. Some people identify with a politician in some way (think the candidate is FOR them in some idea, attitude, policy, ideological similarity).

2. Other people choose by a politician's physical identity (externally).

Example: my sisters both voted for Obama solely on the basis of race,, and they're both voting for Hillary solely based on gender. They are not "identifying with" these politicians. They are voting on the politicians "identity".

One of my sisters actually said to me (I'm paraphrasing as close as I can):

"What we need next is a black woman for president. Michelle Obama would be a good choice."

I asked them why they thought this way. Their reasoning was not even close to "identifying with" candidates.

I think it's a snapshot sample of how a great number of people in this country are voting.

Personally, I can't "identify with" any of these candidate choices. I'm a white male, should I vote for Trump based on that identifying similarity? No. Im not sure I can even bring myself to vote for him, even though I strongly disagree with alot of democratic policy I believe Hillary will continue. (Btw- I'm registered Independent,, leaning Liberatarian).