Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
To those of you who support drafting Johnathan Allen, where do you play him?

Except it could even be argued that he's not a high floor guy with the injury worries.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't see him as a dynamic pass rusher at all. I think he's going to be a solid player that never sniffs all-pro status his entire career.

Similar things were said about Joey Bosa.

I'm not saying he will be as good, because we just don't know, but this was a player who was seen as a nailed-on top-three pick before the arthritis concerns came up.

And the only question for me is not whether the arthritis affects his career now, it's whether it limits the length of his career.

But back to the original question - rotated with Campbell to start with and then eventually he would replace Campbell altogether. Seems a safe way to ease him into the NFL.

Quote:Similar things were said about Joey Bosa.
Moreso than the shoulder injury being worse than we thought is that he tested a lot worse than we thought. He's a really bad athlete who is also small. You can't be Aaron Donald size as a 20th percentile athlete. 

Bosa got billed as an average athlete because he didn't do so well in the useless 40 yard dash, but he was a great athlete who dominated the drills that matter for a pass rusher. 

I also remember hearing people say that since Bosa was so good in college that he had nowhere to grow as a pro. I really don't buy that line of thinking at all either. He has fine technique and I think he's a pretty great athlete. Remember when he superman jumped right over that guard or center to get the sack? We've seen him be explosive for a man his size. Also, he was asked to put on about 30 pounds to get to where he is now, if he slimmed down some, he would be quicker if the 40 time is the concern--- I don't give a rat's -- about 40 times on D linemen, I am more interested in their first step, repertoire or pass rushing moves, motor, and ability to hold up in the run. Based on that, he looks pretty darn good. I think the pick is Fournette but it wouldn't shock me to see Coughlin go get Allen if he really likes him. 

From what I have read, the shoulder issues shouldn't be a problem for maybe 8-10 years. I am so not worried about it. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Maybe I've missed peoples takes but I really haven't seen this comp much for Allen.

He's pretty much a carbon copy of Michael Bennett.

Quote:Maybe I've missed peoples takes but I really haven't seen this comp much for Allen.

He's pretty much a carbon copy of Michael Bennett.
I've seen it some outside of these boards and it's not bad. You have to keep in mind that Bennett is one of the all time outliers athletically and also went undrafted though. 

To count on that type of outcome from that type of profile with a top 5 pick is ballsy.

Quote:I've seen it some outside of these boards and it's not bad. You have to keep in mind that Bennett is one of the all time outliers athletically and also went undrafted though.

To count on that type of outcome from that type of profile with a top 5 pick is ballsy.

Allen's already an outlier athletically too. It's nothing more than a good comp for how Allen might work in the NFL as a 4-3 end.

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2017, 06:38 PM by KYjaggy.)

Quote:It's nothing more than a good comp for how Allen might work in the NFL as a 4-3 end.
I know, just saying the NFL is littered with 6'3" 285 20% athletes that didn't work out. To find one like Bennett that did excel is very rare. 

I have said a few times that if I had to choose a guy out of the last few drafts that would be a successful outlier it would be Allen which is why I would be not happy but not upset at the pick, but it's still bad policy to have to count on undersized bad athletes becoming outliers with elite picks. Then factor in the injuries and it just gets too risky for my blood. 

Quote:We are copacetic on this one. 

Might wanna recheck your word-a-day calendar on this one, chief