Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poor souls on clots board are in denial

So I went to a clots board to snoop around and found a thread discussing an article that predicts the clots 3rd in the AFCSouth. A lot of them took exception to the 3rd place prediction but what really set some off was the 2nd place Jags prediction.

A main argument against us was the fact that we are relying too much on rookies (Ramsey, Fowler, Jack). A few wise fans however see the writing on the wall. A few are not ready to acknowledge the influx of talent yet, stating things like maybe not this year but next year.

What would be a Jags fan objective perspective as a counter argument? A lot of clots fans are relying too much on luck imho.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2016, 11:06 AM by Jagwired.)

They better get used to it.

[Image: colts_fans_020710_VS.jpg]

[Image: 54aed436e07440d802894841dcb94937bcd4cfa6...2ecc07.jpg]

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We dropped a 50 burger on them WITHOUT all these new defensive pieces. Their team is built to live or die by Luck. He was playing poorly last year before injury and he's been relatively turnover prone as it is (their main argument against Bortles) Also the reports of Luck having some slight permanent shoulder damage, whether those are true or not.

The writing is on the wall for them unless they drastically change their philosophy of drafting and adding talent. A 30 something FA RB (Gore) isn't going to take you to the Super Bowl. I'm not saying we are a shoe in for 1st or even 2nd, as we do have to actually put the results of the talent influx on the field, but we're being built much better than they are. And the rift between Pagano and Grigson I'm sure is still there. There's much more cause for hope in Jax than there is in Indy. They're arguably the least talented (all around) team in the division at this point.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:What would be a Jags fan objective perspective as a counter argument? A lot of clots fans are relying too much on luck imho.

I'd say an over-reliance on luck and Luck is a good argument.

I honestly think that if I were standing on a bridge and had to bet my life on the Colts or Jags "this season", I'd go with the Colts (with the assumption Luck is going to be 100% healthy).

I still think they have too much $$ wrapped up in Luck and TY Hilton to be a competitively balanced team in the distant future.

Discussed this with a few of my friends. We saw that Vegas has the Colts as the favorite to win the South and I said that was lol funny, but they all thought it was accurate. I said "other than Luck, what do you like about their roster?" They eventually went on to say nothing really just like Luck a lot blah blah blah. Jags were projected 3rd in division.

I think Luck is really good. He isn't THAT much better than Bortles and the rest of our roster, talent wise, at basically every position, smokes theirs. I would say they have the edge at HC as well.

Should be an interesting year, but I don't get the Colts hype at all. The Texans are a different story..
Shock the world

Quote:Discussed this with a few of my friends. We saw that Vegas has the Colts as the favorite to win the South and I said that was lol funny, but they all thought it was accurate. I said "other than Luck, what do you like about their roster?" They eventually went on to say nothing really just like Luck a lot blah blah blah. Jags were projected 3rd in division.

I think Luck is really good. He isn't THAT much better than Bortles and the rest of our roster, talent wise, at basically every position, smokes theirs. I would say they have the edge at HC as well.

Should be an interesting year, but I don't get the Colts hype at all. The Texans are a different story..

It's all because of the savior Luck. I don't really get it either, probably because they beat up on a weak division for so long that people assume they're actually THAT good of a team.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:We dropped a 50 burger on them WITHOUT all these new defensive pieces. Their team is built to live or die by Luck. He was playing poorly last year before injury and he's been relatively turnover prone as it is (their main argument against Bortles) Also the reports of Luck having some slight permanent shoulder damage, whether those are true or not.

The writing is on the wall for them unless they drastically change their philosophy of drafting and adding talent. A 30 something FA RB (Gore) isn't going to take you to the Super Bowl. I'm not saying we are a shoe in for 1st or even 2nd, as we do have to actually put the results of the talent influx on the field, but we're being built much better than they are. And the rift between Pagano and Grigson I'm sure is still there. There's much more cause for hope in Jax than there is in Indy. They're arguably the least talented (all around) team in the division at this point.

Well said. This is where I stand as well.

I hope we drop another 50 burger on 'em.... With Luck on the field, this time.. Spending a lot of time on his back.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Here's a link to the thread in question: http://forums.colts.com/topic/46380-nfl-...afc-south/

Quote:Discussed this with a few of my friends. We saw that Vegas has the Colts as the favorite to win the South and I said that was lol funny, but they all thought it was accurate. I said "other than Luck, what do you like about their roster?" They eventually went on to say nothing really just like Luck a lot blah blah blah. Jags were projected 3rd in division.

(Emphasis added)

There it is, folks.

That is why we will pass the Colts this year and the years to come.

I like the C they added, but at the end of the day, I still don't think they can protect him well, and I think better than we have been able to do in a while, we can pressure him, especially when they have no credible threat running the ball.  A 33 year old Frank Gore?!?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Until we consistently prove it on the field, it's hard for me to say that we are better than the Colts.

I beat the drum far too often in the past and was proved wrong.  Do I think we can be better? Yes....until we can do it year after year like the Colts did, I'll be patient.

Quote:Until we consistently prove it on the field, it's hard for me to say that we are better than the Colts.

I beat the drum far too often in the past and was proved wrong.  Do I think we can be better? Yes....until we can do it year after year like the Colts did, I'll be patient.
I have to roll with this view also. 'On paper' we do look like we've got the talent edge. Until I see it on the field though, and see it often enough not to think it's a fluke, I reserve my optimism.

Fans of a team on their own board think they should be ranked higher than where some talking head ranked them?

How long has this been going on??

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2016, 05:09 PM by GlockBortles.)

all im seeing is people saying that our rookies arent gonna flip this team into a big contender immediately, which is pretty sound and accurate

Bortles is better than Luck

Quote:Fans of a team on their own board think they should be ranked higher than where some talking head ranked them?

How long has this been going on??

Well obviously, but my issue is that other fans around the league believe the Colts are the favorite. I'd say the Texans are.
Shock the world

Quote:Bortles is better than Luck

He is, but many will deny this to the bitter end for some reason.

Quote:He is, but many will deny this to the bitter end for some reason.

I'd like to see another season before saying Bortles is better than Luck.Think Luck has the edge at the moment all things considered.

Well, as pleased as I will be to see them finish in 3rd or 4th place, I don't blame them their optimism.  Everyone is optimistic when they're 0-0.  Even us!

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.