Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poor souls on clots board are in denial

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2016, 07:40 PM by SeldomRite.)

I do believe the Jaguars have a significantly more promising roster than the colts, but I'm not convinced the Jaguars can pass them this year. A roster full of promise needs a coach that can shape it into a winner, I'm not convinced yet that Gus is that coach.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As a colts fan, wouldn't you think you are ready to go?  They have years and years of being a top notch team.  Even when they were in the "tank" they benefited by drafting Luck.  It can be tough to think that all teams have ups and downs when you have been on top for so very very long.  Prior to 2000, it sure felt like we were going to be the greatest expansion franchise of all time.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:I do believe the Jaguars have a significantly more promising roster than the colts, but I'm not convinced the Jaguars can pass them this year. A roster full of promise needs a coach that can shape it into a winner, I'm not convinced yet that Gus is that coach.
This is my biggest concern with the Jags over any position on the team. Having a bad HC is a possibility to limit success. He finally has a great deal of talent to work with on defense. Something he hasn't really had here at all. I want the guy to succeed and hope he does. He is my biggest concern though. On topic, The Jags are a way better team on paper, and @ QB we will have the better one after 2016. 

Quote:So I went to a clots board to snoop around and found a thread discussing an article that predicts the clots 3rd in the AFCSouth. A lot of them took exception to the 3rd place prediction but what really set some off was the 2nd place Jags prediction.

A main argument against us was the fact that we are relying too much on rookies (Ramsey, Fowler, Jack). A few wise fans however see the writing on the wall. A few are not ready to acknowledge the influx of talent yet, stating things like maybe not this year but next year.

What would be a Jags fan objective perspective as a counter argument? A lot of clots fans are relying too much on luck imho.
Im glad everyone here is excited, as we should be. Theres lots of optimism and good vibes coming into the season. I do believe this team will be better. However, too be fair, I'm big into bragging rights and unfortunately, the Jaguars dont have a leg to stand on. We have been down this road before and the Jaguars must actually translate good vibes and excitement from the offseason to the actual season. How many times have we been "All in". 

I can understand the Colts fans frustrations here. And yes, when healthy, Luck is one of the best QB in the league. The division was weak last season, we shall see how much it improves this season. Colts fans probably believe they can contend with a healthy Luck. Jaguars fans have not had a winning season since 2007. Think of that, almost a decade of below 500. Relying on rookies is a valid point actually, I'm still not sold on Fowler till I see the pads come on. Jack, not sure what he will bring or how long it will take for him to transition. I do have high expectations on Ramsey though, from what Ive read, he picked up the playbook in like a day and is already one of our best players. Now too be fair to the Jaguars, we did sign some good veteran players like Malik and Gipson, who I think will be major upgrades to the defense, and in general, especially with how prolific our offense was last season, we should be improved. My point is though that it must translate in the Wins column. Show it on the field, enough with the hype. 

As a die hard Jaguars fan who will be in the stadium win or lose, I cant in my good graces start bragging and talking about the opposition being in "denial" when its the Jaguars who need to actually be the ones to go out and prove something. We have won nothing, since the AFC South's inaugural season in 2002, the Jaguars have exactly 0 AFC South Titles....ZERO. You know how many the Colts have won? 9. 9 AFC South Titles with 2 of them coming under Andrew Luck, which he won his first one in his rookie season. 8-8, 11-5 and 11-5, the last three seasons for the Colts. When the Jaguars actually put up something similar to that, then we can brag and talk about denial of the opposition all we want. 

Its nice that the Jaguars have gotten some attention for their offseason and it truly is worth noting. But we dont have any legs to stand on when it comes to bragging rights, lets finish 500 first before we call the Colts a joke. Its not like they have sucked anytime recent, and a healthy Luck makes a big difference in their team. Like....probably would of won the division last year kind of difference. 

Quote:Im glad everyone here is excited, as we should be. Theres lots of optimism and good vibes coming into the season. I do believe this team will be better. However, too be fair, I'm big into bragging rights and unfortunately, the Jaguars dont have a leg to stand on. We have been down this road before and the Jaguars must actually translate good vibes and excitement from the offseason to the actual season. How many times have we been "All in". 

How often have we been down this road before?

We had a legit reason for optimism between 2004-2007, and we split the series most of those years.  Even when we got swept, we held up well against them, holding them to 10 points at home (3 for most of the game).

After that, we've had little reason for optimism.

Barring a wholly unforseen collapse, we have way more talent on this team now than we've had since that 2004-2007 period, and right now, I think top to bottom, we have a better roster than the Colts.  We weren't able to really say that before because Polian was stocking them well enough to keep the distance between us when we were good, and when our roster collapsed, we couldn't overcome the Colts' decline in talent.

I agree we actually have to do it, and that all of this chatter is just that.  It's undeniable they have had scoreboard on us.

I'm just saying we have legit hope to start to turn that around.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2016, 11:18 AM by ThunderCat.)

Quote:Im glad everyone here is excited, as we should be. Theres lots of optimism and good vibes coming into the season. I do believe this team will be better. However, too be fair, I'm big into bragging rights and unfortunately, the Jaguars dont have a leg to stand on. We have been down this road before and the Jaguars must actually translate good vibes and excitement from the offseason to the actual season. How many times have we been "All in".

I can understand the Colts fans frustrations here. And yes, when healthy, Luck is one of the best QB in the league. The division was weak last season, we shall see how much it improves this season. Colts fans probably believe they can contend with a healthy Luck. Jaguars fans have not had a winning season since 2007. Think of that, almost a decade of below 500. Relying on rookies is a valid point actually, I'm still not sold on Fowler till I see the pads come on. Jack, not sure what he will bring or how long it will take for him to transition. I do have high expectations on Ramsey though, from what Ive read, he picked up the playbook in like a day and is already one of our best players. Now too be fair to the Jaguars, we did sign some good veteran players like Malik and Gipson, who I think will be major upgrades to the defense, and in general, especially with how prolific our offense was last season, we should be improved. My point is though that it must translate in the Wins column. Show it on the field, enough with the hype.

As a die hard Jaguars fan who will be in the stadium win or lose, I cant in my good graces start bragging and talking about the opposition being in "denial" when its the Jaguars who need to actually be the ones to go out and prove something. We have won nothing, since the AFC South's inaugural season in 2002, the Jaguars have exactly 0 AFC South Titles....ZERO. You know how many the Colts have won? 9. 9 AFC South Titles with 2 of them coming under Andrew Luck, which he won his first one in his rookie season. 8-8, 11-5 and 11-5, the last three seasons for the Colts. When the Jaguars actually put up something similar to that, then we can brag and talk about denial of the opposition all we want.

Its nice that the Jaguars have gotten some attention for their offseason and it truly is worth noting. But we dont have any legs to stand on when it comes to bragging rights, lets finish 500 first before we call the Colts a joke. Its not like they have sucked anytime recent, and a healthy Luck makes a big difference in their team. Like....probably would of won the division last year kind of difference.
You know what dude I am relying on these rookies. Everyone should. There the cornerstone of our defense. If they don't pan out its a bust for years. So yeah it's time to take the step and not be afraid to expect success. By the way I'm not bragging. I didn't write the article.

Quote:You know what dude I am relying on these rookies. Everyone should. There the cornerstone of our defense. If they don't pan out its a bust for years. So yeah it's time to take the step and not be afraid to expect success. By the way I'm not bragging. I didn't write the article.

Agree.

This youth core is expected to have the same impact for the D and the youth from recent drafts have had on O.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:So I went to a clots board to snoop around and found a thread discussing an article that predicts the clots 3rd in the AFCSouth. A lot of them took exception to the 3rd place prediction but what really set some off was the 2nd place Jags prediction.

A main argument against us was the fact that we are relying too much on rookies (Ramsey, Fowler, Jack). A few wise fans however see the writing on the wall. A few are not ready to acknowledge the influx of talent yet, stating things like maybe not this year but next year.

What would be a Jags fan objective perspective as a counter argument? A lot of clots fans are relying too much on luck imho.

which Clot/Colts board? link please

The colts have just as much reason to believe they will win the AFC, if not more, than anyone else in this division.

They're saying "Hey we went 1-1 against the Jags last year without Andrew Luck"

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2016, 03:47 PM by JackCity.)

Just realised Winston Guy is the starting safety for the clots this year....

Quote:Just realised Winston Guy is the starting safety for the clots this year....

Hahaha! Well looks like we just need to throw downfield then!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Hahaha! Well looks like we just need to throw downfield then!

Arob/Thomas downfield vs Winston "Just a" Guy...

Quote:Just realised Winston Guy is the starting safety for the clots this year....

Oh man... I hope Gus and Olsen aren't stupid enough to think they need to establish the run against them.

I'm sure Julius and the Allen brothers are going to do their best to make sure coaching remembers who they're facing.

I'm thinking a 50 big mac is incoming against them this season. Two all beef fifty burgers on a soft colts bun.

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2016, 08:28 PM by Old 'n ......)

Quote:This is my biggest concern with the Jags over any position on the team. Having a bad HC is a possibility to limit success. He finally has a great deal of talent to work with on defense. Something he hasn't really had here at all. I want the guy to succeed and hope he does. He is my biggest concern though. On topic, The Jags are a way better team on paper, and @ QB we will have the better one after 2016. 

Quote:The colts have just as much reason to believe they will win the AFC, if not more, than anyone else in this division.

They're saying "Hey we went 1-1 against the Jags last year without Andrew Luck"
OMG a voice of reason. I'm not saying any team in the AFC South is going to win it, but to say the Colts suck, yada, yada, yada,... it's getting old. Both teams have bolstered what they thought were weaknesses on their team. But just ask the 2015 favorite to win the Super Bowl how that works out. And the Eagles "dream team" from a couple years ago. As a fan, I'm good with very little attention to the Colts. Time will tell, and one thing I know is this division will be tough.

Quote:Oh man... I hope Gus and Olsen aren't stupid enough to think they need to establish the run against them.

I'm sure Julius and the Allen brothers are going to do their best to make sure coaching remembers who they're facing.

I'm thinking a 50 big mac is incoming against them this season. Two all beef fifty burgers on a soft colts bun.
You're so cool.........