Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Deshaun Watson to visit with the Jaguars

Quote:I think it's right to give some QBs time to develop, and Watson certainly needs it.

Needing time to develop does and should factor in to the draft status. It's not an indictment of the player's future. Like with investments, it's a way to factor in risk.

If a player pans out (like Brady, especially Brady since there's a very good argument for him as the greatest of our time, if not all time) but when they do that doesn't erase the fact the risk was higher than others.

There's value in Watson later where the risk matches the pick.

I don't see him as nearly as good a candidate coming out of college of any of the guys you mentioned aside from Brady. Brady's situation was particularly a muddled one, given for whatever reason everyone was swooning for Henson and was playing in his false shadow.

Watson is far more developed as a QB than you seem to think. He doesn't need to sit ,better off for him to go through any growing pains on the field as a rookie.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He won't make it to that pick, but yes that would not be fun.

Actually I'd love it. He's going to bust. Not accurate. Not a good arm. I'd be happy if the Tinhorns selected any of this draft's top QBs because it would be a wasted pick, except Mahomes, who seems to have a cannon. 

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Out of the top 4 QBs:

If I had to put money on one of them being good, Watson would be first

If I had to put money on one of them being great, Watson would be last. 

Quote:Your thinking is not evolving.

QBs ALWAYS get overdrafted and overvalued.

If Watson was all that and a bag of chips, he'd easily go higher than he's being projected. It's what happened with the list of guys I mentioned... guys who weren't worth #1 overall but went there anyway because of need and position.

Very few have him rated the highest rated QB in what is a poor QB crop at the top.

That's telling.

You're describing wentz' situation to a T last year. Just sayin.

Quote:You're describing wentz' situation to a T last year. Just sayin.

I wouldn't say that at all.  I was Wentz over Goff from the beginning.  As it got closer to the draft, you saw all the TwitterScouts<sup>TM</sup> change from team Goff to team Wentz as they caught wind of GM/real scout sentiment as well.  By the time the draft rolled around Goff had faded.  That's not happening with Watson, I don't see that happening with Watson in these last weeks.

The only thing that stands out as similar to me is how some choose to overrate Watson similar to what was done early on with Goff Far too many tend to "fall" for their guy way too hard instead of being objective.

One thing that did not change during draft speculation, however, is that QBs were expected to come off first and/or extremely high last year.

Contrast that with this season, where the top teams need QBs and all or most are expected to pass... there's no comparison.  Goff and Wentz weren't world beater candidates, and they still went high to QB needy teams.  The top QBs of this draft aren't special candidates either, teams at the top need QBs, yet the same isn't happening.  It's certainly not for lack of need, it's lack of value.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Out of the top 4 QBs:

I'll take that over your boy Fournette at 4. Good QB play with even a slight chance at being great is probably an upgrade at the most important position on the team.

My worst nightmare is witnessing Blake suck, but our defense winning us 8 games and sticking us into 09 Jaguars (and 09/modern day tinhorns) QB purgatory once again, causing us to have to trade up and leverage our future for Blaine Gabbert 2.0, causing us to overdraft Bortles 2.0....you get my drift.

I'm not saying it's my first choice, but I'd be very happy with Watson at 4

My boy Fournette at 4? Come again?

Quote:I wouldn't say that at all. I was Wentz over Goff from the beginning. As it got closer to the draft, you saw all the TwitterScouts<sup>TM</sup> change from team Goff to team Wentz as they caught wind of GM/real scout sentiment as well. By the time the draft rolled around Goff had faded. That's not happening with Watson, I don't see that happening with Watson in these last weeks.

The only thing that stands out as similar to me is how some choose to overrate Watson similar to what was done early on with Goff Far too many tend to "fall" for their guy way too hard instead of being objective.

One thing that did not change during draft speculation, however, is that QBs were expected to come off first and/or extremely high last year.

Contrast that with this season, where the top teams need QBs and all or most are expected to pass... there's no comparison. Goff and Wentz weren't world beater candidates, and they still went high to QB needy teams. The top QBs of this draft aren't special candidates either, teams at the top need QBs, yet the same isn't happening. It's certainly not for lack of need, it's lack of value.

The only team ahead of us that might draft a QB is San Francisco, the Browns are out bc of Garrett being a monster. Chicago just payed glennon a ton of money so they're probably out. There's still 3 weeks till the draft and plenty of time for draft Twitter to jump on a QB once teams start focusing in on some one.

Jared Goff would be QB#5 in this class.  

Quote:Jared Goff would be QB#5 in this class.

I feel like Goff is similar to kaaya. Clean pocket clean throws, bad pocket bad throws.

If we draft a QB to sit for a year I would hope it's Trubisky.

Quote:I feel like Goff is similar to kaaya. Clean pocket clean throws, bad pocket bad throws.

Great comparison. I still don't know why Kaaya went pro. Another year of Richt developing him could have turned him into a first round pick.

Quote:My boy Fournette at 4? Come again?

What, you're not a fan? Tongue

Quote:What, you're not a fan? Tongue
I am happier to be whooshed than to have my worst twisted and misconstrued for the 10000th time so I'll take it. 

Quote:Great comparison. I still don't know why Kaaya went pro. Another year of Richt developing him could have turned him into a first round pick.
I agree with this.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2017, 09:27 PM by roycee.)

Quote:I feel like Goff is similar to kaaya. Clean pocket clean throws, bad pocket bad throws.

Quote:Great comparison. I still don't know why Kaaya went pro. Another year of Richt developing him could have turned him into a first round pick.

Honestly I think Kaaya as a likely 4th or later pick will have a chance to iron out the wrinkles in his game and become a good QB in a year or two.

Richt is gonna win his fair share of games of that I'm confident. But I'm not confident of him as a QB developer. Plus Kaaya doesn't have that big arm to compete with guys who will probably be in next years class. And generally 6'3+ 230+ guys with strong arms and decent tape tend to rise. 

Quote:Out of the top 4 QBs:

Sounds like a Teddy clone

Quote:Sounds like a Teddy clone
Teddy was so accurate though, he would peck at you with dinks and dunks all day, it was like watching Chad frickin Pennington. 

When I see Watson, I see Robert Griffin III. Slight frame, spread option QB, inconsistent accuracy, cannot read even 1 half of the field. Only Watson isn't as fast and is even more erratic with his throws. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:Teddy was so accurate though, he would peck at you with dinks and dunks all day, it was like watching Chad frickin Pennington. 

When I see Watson, I see Robert Griffin III. Slight frame, spread option QB, inconsistent accuracy, cannot read even 1 half of the field. Only Watson isn't as fast and is even more erratic with his throws. 
Im just saying is quote sounds like a Teddy clone.  

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Out of the top 4 QBs:

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">If I had to put money on one of them being good, Watson would be first

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">If I had to put money on one of them being great, Watson would be last. 

Quote:Teddy was so accurate though, he would peck at you with dinks and dunks all day, it was like watching Chad frickin Pennington.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2017/01/25/rsp-film-room-no-95-qb-deshaun-watson-reading/'>https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2017/01/25/rsp-film-room-no-95-qb-deshaun-watson-reading/</a>