Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Deshaun Watson to visit with the Jaguars

Mixon also visited. Looks like Watson 1st round, Mixon 2nd round.

Chhhhammmmpppiiioonnshhiiippppp

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Here's something to think about regarding the possibility that we take Watson #1...

Apparently the 49ers and Panthers have been talking, and presumably about the Panthers trading for Fournette. So, let's say this happens, and then the Bears take Jonathan Allen. At this point we're looking at...

1. Browns - Garrett

2. Panthers - Fournette

3. Bears - Allen

At this point I know you're thinking Solomon Thomas, or perhaps Malik Hooker, however, the Jaguars haven't brought either in and may not intend to draft either for whatever reason. If we were to limit prospects to only those actually brought in, our remaining options become OJ Howard, Devin Cook and DeShaun Watson.

Am I forgetting anyone?

I'm looking at Howard, Cook and Watson and thinking it's a tough call. I guess I'd take Howard of the three.
I would hope they take Thomas and smile.  The guy is a high motor beast, and can rotate/learn from Campbell.  Nickel packages upfront would be awesome with Thomas, Jackson, Campbell, Ngakoue/Fowler.  I would also love a worthy trade back offer.

Quote:Jamal Adams is coming in the next few days I believe

Right on!

'02

Quote:I don't think so. Goff has been inconsistent in the NFL, but you can see the potential. I think we see things slow down for him this season and he should be at least an average QB by the end of this season.

Kaaya, on the other hand, is awful. Watching him at Miami sometimes makes me feel like I'm watching gabbert in Jacksonville.

Now that's a good comp for kaaya I should have seen that one haha

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2017, 11:40 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Riddle me this?  What has Watson done that Fournette couldn't?   Beat Alabama  "Drops Mic" 

No for real he battled adversary, Only lost three games one was injured and the other two lit the defenses up.  He is clutch and the Michael Jordan of Qbs. So I am on the Watson to Jaguars train!  

No one available next year has accomplished what Watson has.  Not one.  And a top D and the Top rb still lead to under 500. 

If we are trully about winning now.  Lets grab the guy who has proven can win.  Who instantly takes advantage of our offensive weapons. And would look at the tinhorns and the rest of the nfl defenses like and....

Watson is not scared of nothing.  And makes plays.  So lets not wait and do it now.  Watson at 4 and don't look back!  

The other 4 at Pick 4

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2017, 11:55 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

Lol...I think Jalen supports having a new quarterback

[img]<a class=[/img]http://imgur.com/a/1tqh5</a>">

Is it impossible to post a pic when using a cell phone?

Quote:Riddle me this?  What has Watson done that Fournette couldn't?   Beat Alabama  "Drops Mic" 

No for real he battled adversary, Only lost three games one was injured and the other two lit the defenses up.  He is clutch and the Michael Jordan of Qbs. So I am on the Watson to Jaguars train!  

No one available next year has accomplished what Watson has.  Not one.  And a top D and the Top rb still lead to under 500. 

If we are trully about winning now.  Lets grab the guy who has proven can win.  Who instantly takes advantage of our offensive weapons. And would look at the tinhorns and the rest of the nfl defenses like and....

Watson is not scared of nothing.  And makes plays.  So lets not wait and do it now.  Watson at 4 and don't look back!  

The other 4 at Pick 4
Even if you do draft Watson, he isn't ready to play right away. He has shown 0 ability to read even half the field, the throws are all predetermined for him, and he stares those reads down worse than maybe anyone ive ever seen considered a day 1 prospect. He was throwing to another 1st round prospect on an absolutely loaded Clemson team. 

He was an impressive college quarterback and winning does mean something but it so rarely translates to the NFL. TTR: Let's go through this. These are the QBs who have won the BCS since 2000, you tell me what you think of them as Pros?

Josh Heupal

Ken Dorsey

Craig Krenzel

Matt Mauck

Matt Leinart

Vince Young

Chris Leak

Matt Flynn

Tim Tebow

Greg Macelroy

Cam Newton

AJ McCarron

Famous Jameis

Cardale Jones

Winning a BCS is not worth what you keep making it out to be in terms of NFL production. Projecting QBs to the NFL level has more to do with skillsets and ability than your college team winning. 

Watson tossed 30 interceptions in 2 seasons, many of those were WRs jumping his routes as he stared down the read or he was wildly inaccurate with the placement. What do you think is going to happen when he stares down AROB and Aqib Talib is reading him like a book the whole way?

I get why you like Watson. He does perform on the biggest stage under the brightest lights... but so did Tim Tebow. At this point, he does not have the skills to start right away in the NFL. If you want Watson to succeed, hope he gets drafted somewhere that he can sit behind an experienced QB while he completely retools his game for a season or two. If you toss him out there day 1 as a starter, he will drown himself in pick 6s.

Also: The Texans had a garbage fire of a QB last year with a running game and a good defense. They won our division, got into the playoffs, and even won a playoff game. We've been that trick before actually--2001 Patriots, 2000 Ravens, 2003 Bucs had game manager QBs but won the superbowl. We've seen plenty more teams make the playoffs with that setup. 12 teams make the playoffs every year, not all 12 of those have franchise qbs, many of them do not. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2017, 12:21 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

You must be looking at the wrong tape.  I have seen many plays he goes to different options.  He goes through reads with pressure coming and stands tall.  All this negitivity for a guy who wins I don't get it?  

Mojo won Running Back of the year and had a top 5-10 defense and how many wins that generate?  The guy lost to Bama came back and beat um the following year. Most guys would of never bounced back.   And yes it is a playoff system now.  So means a whole lot.  

The guy A played in all his games.  B won them all this year.  And C lit up Bama two years in a row.  He graduated in three years.  So has his degree.  He has worked on every issue.  He has proved everyone wrong.   Yet pass on him. 

When we don't have a successful winning qb.   We have not won the AFC South in forever, and have not reached over 500 since 10 years ago.  

But lets wait?  So we draft top 10 in 2018 and draft a guy with less credentials than the guy we can have now.  

How does that make any sense?   But just to stir the pot.  We have not picked up Blakes 5th year option?  Wonder why? 

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2017, 12:29 AM by Samjag904.)

Quote:You must be looking at the wrong tape.  I have seen many plays he goes to different options.  He goes through reads with pressure coming and stands tall.  All this negitivity for a guy who wins I don't get it?  

Mojo won Running Back of the year and had a top 5-10 defense and how many wins that generate?  The guy lost to Bama came back and beat um the following year. Most guys would of never bounced back.   And yes it is a playoff system now.  So means a whole lot.  

The guy A played in all his games.  B won them all this year.  And C lit up Bama two years in a row.  He graduated in three years.  So has his degree.  He has worked on every issue.  He has proved everyone wrong.   Yet pass on him. 

When we don't have a successful winning qb.   We have not won the AFC South in forever, and have not reached over 500 since 10 years ago.  

But lets wait?  So we draft top 10 in 2018 and draft a guy with less credentials than the guy we can have now.  

How does that make any sense?   But just to stir the pot.  We have not picked up Blakes 5th year option?  Wonder why? 
If Watson wasn't a turnover machine and he went through his reads like you say he does, he would be the #1 overall pick by a mile. 

Watch his head on almost every one of these throws. What is he reading? Nothing, he looks dead at where he is going with it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGP_uJfqzL0&t=1s

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:Even if you do draft Watson, he isn't ready to play right away. He has shown 0 ability to read even half the field, the throws are all predetermined for him, and he stares those reads down worse than maybe anyone ive ever seen considered a day 1 prospect. He was throwing to another 1st round prospect on an absolutely loaded Clemson team. 

He was an impressive college quarterback and winning does mean something but it so rarely translates to the NFL. TTR: Let's go through this. These are the QBs who have won the BCS since 2000, you tell me what you think of them as Pros?

Josh Heupal

Ken Dorsey

Craig Krenzel

Matt Mauck

Matt Leinart

Vince Young

Chris Leak

Matt Flynn

Tim Tebow

Greg Macelroy

Cam Newton

AJ McCarron

Famous Jameis

Cardale Jones

Winning a BCS is not worth what you keep making it out to be in terms of NFL production. Projecting QBs to the NFL level has more to do with skillsets and ability than your college team winning. 

Watson tossed 30 interceptions in 2 seasons, many of those were WRs jumping his routes as he stared down the read or he was wildly inaccurate with the placement. What do you think is going to happen when he stares down AROB and Aqib Talib is reading him like a book the whole way?

I get why you like Watson. He does perform on the biggest stage under the brightest lights... but so did Tim Tebow. At this point, he does not have the skills to start right away in the NFL. If you want Watson to succeed, hope he gets drafted somewhere that he can sit behind an experienced QB while he completely retools his game for a season or two. If you toss him out there day 1 as a starter, he will drown himself in pick 6s.

Also: The Texans had a garbage fire of a QB last year with a running game and a good defense. They won our division, got into the playoffs, and even won a playoff game. We've been that trick before actually--2001 Patriots, 2000 Ravens, 2003 Bucs had game manager QBs but won the superbowl. We've seen plenty more teams make the playoffs with that setup. 12 teams make the playoffs every year, not all 12 of those have franchise qbs, many of them do not. 
Really Tebow really?   Your drawing straws now.  What your real agenda?  How can I take anyone seriously that compares a guy who can throw the ball deep and made the team better with out all the great weapons tebow had?  Here is the thing.  Was Florida on the map prior to Tebow?  Was Clemson?  

The most ridiculous comparison ever. 

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2017, 12:28 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:If Watson wasn't a turnover machine and he went through his reads like you say he does, he would be the #1 overall pick by a mile. 

Watch his head on every one of these throws. What is he reading? Nothing, he looks dead at where he is going with it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGP_uJfqzL0&t=1s
Turn over machine huh?  90 tds and 30 int's in the SEC.  So the guy has three times tds to ints yet a turnover machine?

#Gojags

Quote:Really Tebow really?   Your drawing straws now.  What your real agenda?  How can I take anyone seriously that compares a guy who can throw the ball deep and made the team better with out all the great weapons tebow had?  Here is the thing.  Was Florida on the map prior to Tebow?  Was Clemson?  

The most ridiculous comparison ever. 
Look, you keep going on about how he won the National Championship. I brought up Tebow as well as every other quarterback in the last 15 years who won the BCS to show you how little value that factoid has when projecting to the NFL. I'm not saying he is Tebow, clearly he isn't, but his BCS title game carries about as much weight in my eyes as Tebow's--which is next to none.  As his skillset currently stands, he smells of Robert Griffin or Geno Smith. 

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2017, 12:44 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4b3a7QJLhw  on watson 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY1tW-zJFdE  on fournette

#Gojags

Quote:Look, you keep going on about how he won the National Championship. I brought up Tebow as well as every other quarterback in the last 15 years who won the BCS to show you how little value that factoid has when projecting to the NFL. I'm not saying he is Tebow, clearly he isn't, but his BCS title game carries about as much weight in my eyes as Tebow's--which is next to none.  As his skillset currently stands, he smells of Robert Griffin or Geno Smith. 
There was no playoff system just a best record and Championship game.  Watson would of smoked Tebow. 

#Gojags

Quote:There was no playoff system just a best record and Championship game.  Watson would of smoked Tebow. 
What does that have to do with anything? I guess I will just say exactly what I said before since it went over your head 

Quote:Look, you keep going on about how he won the National Championship. I brought up Tebow as well as every other quarterback in the last 15 years who won the BCS to show you how little value that factoid has when projecting to the NFL. I'm not saying he is Tebow, clearly he isn't, but his BCS title game carries about as much weight in my eyes as Tebow's--which is next to none.  As his skillset currently stands, he smells of Robert Griffin or Geno Smith. 

Quote:What does that have to do with anything? I guess I will just say exactly what I said before since it went over your head 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6pjQOIkM5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhLwS3NvKTM

#Gojags

Quote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6pjQOIkM5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhLwS3NvKTM
This does not address why National Championships don't mean anything for NFL projection. Talking to you is such a waste of my life. You send me one video that I can't make it through the first 20 seconds because it is blaring some terrible pop music, then you send me a video of a guy drooling about his running ability and even compares him to Blake Bortles. 

Success against Alabama is nice but I think that gets oversold too. Johnny Manziel scorched Alabama too. Manziel's nfl career sucked even when he was on the field. 

I don't get why people are so high on Watson I think this years entire QB class is Garbage... crazy to see people jus give up on Blake, he had a bad season.... so wat, it was his mechanics, something that can be fixed... he also had a crappy line and no running game, not to mention a head coach who didn't know what the heck he was doing... smh like Rogers said R-E-L-A-X.... he's gonna bounce back this year

I think we may take a flyer on one in round 2 or 3. We need O line help so I think we go RB/DL in round 1 and then OG in 2. Possibly QB or another linemen in the 3rd. We need to bolster the line and find a solid Guard, and possibly 2 Tackles(not sold on Albert at all, Parnell worries me).