Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Deshaun Watson to visit with the Jaguars

Quote:Even if you do draft Watson, he isn't ready to play right away. He has shown 0 ability to read even half the field, the throws are all predetermined for him, and he stares those reads down worse than maybe anyone ive ever seen considered a day 1 prospect. He was throwing to another 1st round prospect on an absolutely loaded Clemson team.

He was an impressive college quarterback and winning does mean something but it so rarely translates to the NFL. TTR: Let's go through this. These are the QBs who have won the BCS since 2000, you tell me what you think of them as Pros?

Josh Heupal

Ken Dorsey

Craig Krenzel

Matt Mauck

Matt Leinart

Vince Young

Chris Leak

Matt Flynn

Tim Tebow

Greg Macelroy

Cam Newton

AJ McCarron

Famous Jameis

Cardale Jones

Winning a BCS is not worth what you keep making it out to be in terms of NFL production. Projecting QBs to the NFL level has more to do with skillsets and ability than your college team winning.

Watson tossed 30 interceptions in 2 seasons, many of those were WRs jumping his routes as he stared down the read or he was wildly inaccurate with the placement. What do you think is going to happen when he stares down AROB and Aqib Talib is reading him like a book the whole way?

I get why you like Watson. He does perform on the biggest stage under the brightest lights... but so did Tim Tebow. At this point, he does not have the skills to start right away in the NFL. If you want Watson to succeed, hope he gets drafted somewhere that he can sit behind an experienced QB while he completely retools his game for a season or two. If you toss him out there day 1 as a starter, he will drown himself in pick 6s.

Also: The Texans had a garbage fire of a QB last year with a running game and a good defense. They won our division, got into the playoffs, and even won a playoff game. We've been that trick before actually--2001 Patriots, 2000 Ravens, 2003 Bucs had game manager QBs but won the superbowl. We've seen plenty more teams make the playoffs with that setup. 12 teams make the playoffs every year, not all 12 of those have franchise qbs, many of them do not.

You should have watched the video I sent you earlier Samjag. I goes through Watson's mental process pretty well and shows you him A) making full field reads and progressions B) Reading the defense and adjusting accordingly and C) His placement

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't know why we'd waste any of our visits only any of these QB's. They suck. 

I don't see us going for Watson at 4... I just can't see.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Wait..we're thinking about taking a player at #4 who threw 17 picks in a college season with the best receiver in college football to replace a player who threw 16 picks in a NFL season...LOL.   

Haha kid says Watson played in the SEC...wrong.. After Clemson had somewhat of a "big game" then they were able to play teams like Boston College, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Duke, NC State.....

Their gimmicky offense has helped Watson so so much. Somebody mentioned that Manziel lit up Bama...well so did other guys like Trevor Knight and Chad Kelly.

I remember watching Clemson play Troy at home and Watson struggled so much. Troy almost won the game and had a terrible call go against them late in the game that would have put them up. Luckiest team in America.

Picturing Watson out there makes me cringe, honestly.
Shock the world

Quote:You should have watched the video I sent you earlier Samjag. I goes through Watson's mental process pretty well and shows you him A) making full field reads and progressions B) Reading the defense and adjusting accordingly and C) His placement

Of course not it would override his personal agenda.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2017, 12:17 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Haha kid says Watson played in the SEC...wrong.. After Clemson had somewhat of a "big game" then they were able to play teams like Boston College, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Duke, NC State.....

Their gimmicky offense has helped Watson so so much. Somebody mentioned that Manziel lit up Bama...well so did other guys like Trevor Knight and Chad Kelly.

I remember watching Clemson play Troy at home and Watson struggled so much. Troy almost won the game and had a terrible call go against them late in the game that would have put them up. Luckiest team in America.

Picturing Watson out there makes me cringe, honestly.
He does not make the schedule. The NCAA does. He won regardless of obstacles. Regardless of doubters still won.

If you think he can't excel with robinson, lee, and hurns your sadly mistaken.

And the difference is with all the weapons bortles has, still lit up no one.

#Gojags

Quote:I don't know why we'd waste any of our visits only any of these QB's. They suck. 
The last few years we havent even used all 30 visits

And I think a couple of these QBs will be good

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:You should have watched the video I sent you earlier Samjag. I goes through Watson's mental process pretty well and shows you him A) making full field reads and progressions B) Reading the defense and adjusting accordingly and C) His placement
Yeah I had seen that video before and I find it to be overly generous. You can find some instances of him going through progressions and reads but it is all very cherry picked. 

If the staring down and not making reads were not well known issues in his game, he would be the unanimous #1 overall pick--he would basically be Andrew Luck coming out of college, but he isn't that. There are issues and big questions and that's why he is not a #1 pick and likely needs to sit for a year. My argument is that his skill set is not of the caliber of a day 1 starter and if we are serious about winning right now, we shouldn't be taking someone who isn't ready to help right now at #4.  

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:Yeah I had seen that video before and I find it to be overly generous. You can find some instances of him going through progressions and reads but it is all very cherry picked.

If the staring down and not making reads were not well known issues in his game, he would be the unanimous #1 overall pick--he would basically be Andrew Luck coming out of college, but he isn't that. There are issues and big questions and that's why he is not a #1 pick and likely needs to sit for a year. My argument is that his skill set is not of the caliber of a day 1 starter and if we are serious about winning right now, we shouldn't be taking someone who isn't ready to help right now at #4.

Generous how? If any videos are generous it is the fournette ones. A big man with nothing else.

What does Clemson have great receivers. What does Jax have great receivers.

See so the situation would work. I see the whole staring down guys thing. But all qbs do that.

He does what is asked. he worked on everything at combine and excelled he worked more on his pro day and excelled.

Yet everyone hates the man. Who works hard. I am starting to believe if he was white. Be a whole different story.

#Gojags

Great, we are going to bring in Watson with his 17 INTs...

Quote:Generous how? If any videos are generous it is the fournette ones. A big man with nothing else.

What does Clemson have great receivers. What does Jax have great receivers.

See so the situation would work. I see the whole staring down guys thing. But all qbs do that.

He does what is asked. he worked on everything at combine and excelled he worked more on his pro day and excelled.

Yet everyone hates the man. Who works hard. I am starting to believe if he was white. Be a whole different story.

Oh no.
Shock the world

Quote:Oh no.

Unfortunately it may be true. I hope its not. But I see the same hate Mccafery is getting with Watson in reverse.

#Gojags

Quote:Great, we are going to bring in Watson with his 17 INTs...

Clemson literally got extremely lucky in like 5 or 6 games. This wouldn't even be close to a conversation if that NC State kicker knocked them out by hitting a 30 yard field goal....
Shock the world

Quote:Great, we are going to bring in Watson with his 17 INTs...

Forget the fact he lit up defenses.

#Gojags

Quote:Unfortunately it may be true. I hope its not. But I see the same hate Mccafery is getting with Watson in reverse.

Oh no.
Shock the world

We go from Bortle's 16 INTs to Watson's 17 INTs... becuzjagz

Quote:Clemson literally got extremely lucky in like 5 or 6 games. This wouldn't even be close to a conversation if that NC State kicker knocked them out by hitting a 30 yard field goal....

Lucky or clutch? Luck plays for the clots. Life is what ya make of it.

Luck is a word to detour the reality. Like If, Should of, Could of, I guess Brady is always Lucky than.

#Gojags

Quote:We go from Bortle's 16 INTs to Watson's 17 INTs... becuzjagz

We go from bottom feeders to scorching defenses.

#Gojags

Quote:Yeah I had seen that video before and I find it to be overly generous. You can find some instances of him going through progressions and reads but it is all very cherry picked.

Its just when you say all his throws are pre determined and that he can't read a defense it isn't really true. Tons of examples of him doing it over the last 3 years. Its a commonly stated notion about his that ain't true.

The staring down receivers and not seeing underneath defenders are legitimate concerns though and will be his biggest challenge going forward.