Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Deshaun Watson to visit with the Jaguars

Quote:Its just when you say all his throws are pre determined and that he can't read a defense it isn't really true. Tons of examples of him doing it over the last 3 years. Its a commonly stated notion about his that ain't true.

The staring down receivers and not seeing underneath defenders are legitimate concerns though and will be his biggest challenge going forward.

Not one qb is perfect coming from college. Even the over rated luck. Has not reached manning status. Not even close.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Its just when you say all his throws are pre determined and that he can't read a defense it isn't really true. Tons of examples of him doing it over the last 3 years. Its a commonly stated notion about his that ain't true.

The staring down receivers and not seeing underneath defenders are legitimate concerns though and will be his biggest challenge going forward.

It is nothing but an agenda for insert player. Until proven wrong again. Then we wait till next year to get a qb.

Who player A is injured Player B regresses Player C is a system based qb etc.

Have went through this the last 8 years.

#Gojags

Quote:Lucky or clutch? Luck plays for the clots. Life is what ya make of it.

Luck is a word to detour the reality. Like If, Should of, Could of, I guess Brady is always Lucky than.

Lucky dude..

Like that Louisville kid that ran out of bounds at the end of the game instead of getting the first down, which most likely would have resulted in a win for Louisville, thus knocking Clem out of playoffs. Watson threw 3 picks that game I believe...at home.
Shock the world

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2017, 02:26 PM by Samjag904.)

Quote:Generous how? If any videos are generous it is the fournette ones. A big man with nothing else.

What does Clemson have great receivers. What does Jax have great receivers.

See so the situation would work. I see the whole staring down guys thing. But all qbs do that.

He does what is asked. he worked on everything at combine and excelled he worked more on his pro day and excelled.

Yet everyone hates the man. Who works hard. I am starting to believe if he was white. Be a whole different story.
and now you are trotting out the race card... classy move. You're oozing too much credibility, my head is going to pop off. 

I think what you said here is fair. I'm not saying he is total garbage, but mostly that because of those concerns, I don't see him as someone you start right away--and I don't think that many QBs should start right away. part of it depends on the situation (is he going to get David Carr'd to death behind a terrible line), but part of it is their overall skill level. Unless a player is like Luck/Stafford/Newton, guys like that, I think they need some time to grow before getting thrown in there. I don't see Watson as a luck/stafford/newton caliber coming out mainly because of those concerns. If we're serious about winning now, I don't think we should take him at 4 because I don't think he is a huge upgrade over Bortles in year 1. In years 2-3, maybe. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2017, 02:29 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

This is not about me throwing out the race card

This is in fact a man being tossed with the likes of others who haven't proven anything.

So I think too many base things off what is spoon fed vs what actually see. And judgements are made for them.

Or red flags due to other failures or unknowns.

#Gojags

You're the one who threw out the race card and now you are backing away from it like you didn't do it.  

Some of us are not as enamored with Watson as you are. It has nothing to do with his race, we just don't see him as a pick at #4. It's nothing personal against watson, but we just aren't on that hype train. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2017, 02:51 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:You're the one who threw out the race card and now you are backing away from it like you didn't do it.

Some of us are not as enamored with Watson as you are. It has nothing to do with his race, we just don't see him as a pick at #4. It's nothing personal against watson, but we just aren't on that hype train.
No I was saying as a whole. Not just the board. But for the sake of argument. I will retract the race card.

The bottom line. Is his mental traits are hard to find in qbs. Let alone his physical ones.

There is no train to be hype about. Look around all message boards. Watson is one of the least talked about.

#Gojags

Before that Alabama game I consistently saw him on boards as a 2nd round prospect, after that game, the hype train started, now some (including yourself) are talking about the #4 overall on him. That's hype to me. One good game doesn't wash out all previous concerns and one bad game doesn't either. 

Quote:Before that Alabama game I consistently saw him on boards as a 2nd round prospect, after that game, the hype train started, now some (including yourself) are talking about the #4 overall on him. That's hype to me. One good game doesn't wash out all previous concerns and one bad game doesn't either. 

Speaking of big games, Jerod Evans looked just as good or better than Watson in the ACCCG.

There just isn't anything special Watson brings to the table vs his peers.  Athletic and talented, sure.  Lots of guys are.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Who allowed ttr to have a sports talk radio show? He's insufferable. And has the worst takes on players that I've ever seen. Whoever allowed him on the radio should be fired right now.

Quote:Who allowed ttr to have a sports talk radio show? He's insufferable. And has the worst takes on players that I've ever seen. Whoever allowed him on the radio should be fired right now.

Imagine what his resume looks like!?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Forget the fact he lit up defenses.
If you're throwing 17 picks against teams like Boston College, Syracuse, Wake Forest, NC State, etc you're looking at 25+ picks in a NFL season.  He isn't lighting anything up throwing 25+ picks. Drafting him at #4 would be insanity with the talent that's at the top of the board.

Quote:Speaking of big games, Jerod Evans looked just as good or better than Watson in the ACCCG.

There just isn't anything special Watson brings to the table vs his peers.  Athletic and talented, sure.  Lots of guys are.
There is one thing I will give Watson over other QBs I have seen. He has a ridiculous will to win, he a competitor and that is the X factor with him. If I am eating crow over Watson in a year or two, it's because he fights for it harder than others. I still think he is very Geno Smith, but I leave open the outside possibility that TTR is right and this player wills himself to greatness.  

WELP

Welp what? 2 "good" games, one in a ridiculous losing effort.

I think Fournette was the right pick and trading up for Cam was the right choice as well

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017, 07:18 PM by JackCity.)

(10-10-2017, 05:04 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Welp what?  2 "good" games, one in a ridiculous losing effort.

He'll probably break the rookie passing TD record despite having one of the worst Oline's in the league. He's been impressive.

(10-10-2017, 05:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Fournette was the right pick and trading up for Cam was the right choice as well

Love the Fournette and Cam picks. All things equal I'd still go Watson at #4 if we could do it again.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 10:34 AM by Monty.)

Vince Young/Sam Bradford also won OROY. Way too early to "welp" about him.
Huh

(10-12-2017, 10:33 AM)Monty Wrote: Vince Young/Sam Bradford also won OROY.  Way too early to "welp" about him.

He's going to break the rookie TD record with an awufl Oline. Anytime you pass on a good QB where in dire need of one deserves a WELP.

(10-13-2017, 12:04 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 10:33 AM)Monty Wrote: Vince Young/Sam Bradford also won OROY.  Way too early to "welp" about him.

He's going to break the rookie TD record with an awufl Oline. Anytime you pass on a good QB where in dire need of one deserves a WELP.

Yet getting a #1 RB and LT instead is a bad move in your eyes when we can get a FA QB and draft a QB next year and have a BETTER #27 and Cam to go with him? Come on, I wanted Dalvin and HATED with a PASSION when we picked LF... it was completely the right pick now looking back.