Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles's ability to grasp the NFL playbook.

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2016, 01:46 PM by JackCity.)

Dave Dameshek: "From people within the organization, I have been told there is some concern about Blake [Bortles]'s ability to grasp the NFL playbook."

Any thoughts? A)Don't know much about this Dameshek guy he seems like a bit of a joke and B)Not a big shock if true,Bortles isn't really a cerebral kind of QB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

i dont know lol, i dont think theres any way for us to know if this is legit or not

this thread is just gonna be filled with "He threw for 4500 and 35tds so i think he can grasp a playbook!!" anyway

Bortles had a 28 on the wonderlic and Peyton Manning also had a 28 and I think most people agree that he had a decent NFL career.

Quote:Bortles had a 28 on the wonderlic and Peyton Manning also had a 28 and I think most people agree that he had a decent NFL career.

Really? What did Peyton Manning ever achieve? :teehee:

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

I'm calling bullshark. Dameshek is a clown.

I highly doubt that he can't grasp a playbook....

Dameshek is regularly on the "hate Jax" bus.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I think it's a fair assessment for any young QB to not fully grasp a playbook.....if you're comparing it to how say Peyton, Rogers, Brees, or Rivers grasps a playbook.

I mean what does he like to hold the playbook with an open leisurely grasp when others clench with an iron fist?

If not grasping the playbook nets 35TDs in his first year in a system, I'll take it.

Can't grasp the playbook? I think there's other digs on Blake that can be made, but this one seems odd. 

It depends on what "grasping the playbook" means. If he means, knowing the plays and knowing the calls then I think Bortles shouldn't have any trouble. If he means Bortles' ability to adjust to defenses as the play is developing then he might have a point. Most of his INTs came from misreading the defense or playing pre-snap reads. 

Can he throw a tight spiral with a playbook?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Coaches have an uncanny ability to grasp a playbook. Let's put them at QB

Imagine his stats once he DOES grasp an NFL playbook? 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2016, 02:43 PM by RicoTx.)

How the hell would that clown have any idea. Lol. And I'm sure 'someone within the organization' is going to say that.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

But can he play center?

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Flinging poo at walls during deadline. That's all that comment is.

Blake came out young and had a steep learning curve and a half-cocked OC his first year.

He'll display his football IQ this year with one year of Oley's system under his belt.

I'm not concerned. He's got work to do - but by all accounts - he's doing it.

Who cares...

Dameshek should be fired, his content is terrible, his show is terrible, and he has no clue what he's talking about half the time.

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2016, 04:27 PM by badger.)

what's funny is a guy like Blaine Gabbert probably would ace the playbook test.

any time somebody says "people within the organization" you can be sure it's completely false