Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
25 Worst Collapses (Chokes)

Pretty good list.

I remember most of them.  The oldest I remember, personally, was the 1964 Phillies collapse.  The very first year that I was following MLB (as an 8-year old);

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pretty good list and I remember most of those as well.  Kinda surprised the '69 Cubs didn't make the list.  On August 16 of that year, they were 75–44, up by a season high nine games over second place New York. By September 2, they had soared to an 84–52 record, well on pace to exceed the previous season's mark, but their lead over the Mets had fallen to five games. From there the Mets went on a tear. The Cubs ultimately lost 17 of the last 25 games of the season, while the Mets went 23–7 to overtake the Cubs and finish eight games ahead of them. It was one of the most astounding late season collapses in history, with the seventeen-game turnaround being one of the biggest ever. The Cubs finished 92–70, while the Mets won the National League East and would go on to win the World Series.

<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

2016 - Golden State should be on there

NO other NBA team ever lost an NBA Championship after taking a 3-1 series lead in the Finals.

The 2010 San Diego Padres should be on there. They had a 6 game lead in September and missed the playoffs. If they make it Gonzales stays and that team contends for more years to come. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.