Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Future Hall of Famer

Is there any player that you look at on our roster right now and think: "Man, if this guy keeps it up he could be one of the great ones."

For me it's gotta be ARob. In 2015 he became one of only four receiver's in history to record 1400+ yards receiving, 14 TD's, and 17.5 yards per catch in a season. He's also one of only two men to accomplish this feat in only his second year. Who was the other?...The GOAT Jerry Rice.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

ARob for obvious reasons. If Bortles can continue at the same clip as last year in yards and TDs he'll be well on his way too, even though that's far less likely.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

A-Rob, JT, Blake and Hurns all have "a shot" to have career stats worthy of such an honor, but they all have quite some distance to cover before it's really even a conversation. 

Here's hoping...

Bort.

He hasn't played a down but man I gotta good feeling about Ramsey

There are so many great WRs that it makes it tough for them to get in, but it's possible if ARob plays a long time and gets a ring.

The way people talk about Myles Jack I have to think he has a shot, and Julius Thomas just might have a shot if he puts up several more huge seasons and keeps scoring TDs.

In the back of my mind I'm wondering about Fowler and Ramsey but of course I haven't seen them play, and I'm also curious if Malik Jackson might have a shot.

'02

Bortles, A-Rob, Hurns.

Wow...all this talk of all these "potential HoFers" should equate to the Jaguars being a serious contender this year. Lets hope we are, but I highly doubt we pull 5+ HoFers from this bunch (nothing wrong with them obviously, just not sure how we can be so optimistic at this point). I will be beyond happy in my football world if we some how pull this off though.

Telvin Smith, Arob..

I won't say this year, but this team looks to be something potentially special within the next few.

Quote:Wow...all this talk of all these "potential HoFers" should equate to the Jaguars being a serious contender this year. Lets hope we are, but I highly doubt we pull 5+ HoFers from this bunch (nothing wrong with them obviously, just not sure how we can be so optimistic at this point). I will be beyond happy in my football world if we some how pull this off though.

Nobody said 5+ players were HOFers...

Many decent players never make it to the hall of fame or it takes a long time to do so. Right now I don't see it. We have some talent but you have to have championship talent to get there and longevity. 

No pain, no gain.

Arob has the potential to go on a Brandon Marshall type career path, but thats still no guarantee for the HOF. 

Arob only imo

In a vacuum there are many players who could, but when you compare them to the rest of the league currently, then no. 

Can't wait for the season to start...

No love for blake or is that type of praise reserved for Derek carr?
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:No love for blake or is that type of praise reserved for Derek carr?
4 separate posts above yours listed Bortles.

Dave Caldwell. If he turns this franchise into a championship team after his rebuild, he might be considered.

Jason Myers