Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars projected 53 heading into camp..

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2016, 07:21 PM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

Offense:

QB: Blake Bortles, Chad Henne, Brandon Allen

RB: Chris Ivory, TJ Yeldon, Denard Robinson

TE: Julius Thomas, Marcedes Lewis, Neal Sterling, Nic Jacobs

WR: Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, Marqise Lee, Rashad Greene, Bryan Walters

OL: Kelvin Beachum, Luke Joeckel, AJ Cann, Brandon Linder, Jermey Parnell

Backup OL: Mackenzy Bernadeau, Tyler Shatley, Josh Wells, Luke Bowanko (pup)

Defense:

LEO: Dante Fowler, Jr., Yannick Ngakoue

NT: Roy Miller, Abry Jones, Mike Bennett

3T: Malik Jackson, Sen'Derrick Marks, Sheldon Day

4B/5T: Jared Odrick, Tyson Alualu

LB: Telvin Smith (wlb), Paul Posluszny (mlb), Myles Jack (Otto), Dan Skuta, Ryan Davis, Tyrone Holmes, Jordan Tripp

CB: Jalen Ramsey, Davon House, Prince Amukamara, Aaron Colvin, Nick Marshall, Boddy-Calhoun

S: Tashaun Gipson, Johnathan Cyprien, Peyton Thompson, James Sample

K: Jason Myers

P: Brad Nortman

KR: Dennard Robinson

PR: Rashad Greene

suspended: justin blackmon (indefinitely).. Aaron Colvin (first 4 games)..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Grant won't make it. And I don't think we will keep 4 backs.

WRs look good. OL looks good too.

Defense looks decent.

Overall this is what we will have come week 1.

(This post was last modified: 07-02-2016, 11:34 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Hilton won't make it over Broddy imo.

And the days of 3 qbs are over. Allen over Henne.

Quote:Hilton won't make it over Broddy imo.

And the days of 3 qbs are over. Allen over Henne.
In regards to QBs, Dave Caldwell openly said the team is looking into keeping 3 quarterbacks and that Henne is the clear #2 for now, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2016, 01:44 AM by haveaseat.)

Nic Jacobs will make this team as a blocking TE. Don't think Bowman makes it over Koyack/Sterling. The last TE spot will go to the better of the 2.

I think 1 less RB and we mmdo 1 more DT.

Nice copy and paste job from Big Cat Country... lol

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/6/20/1...-mini-camp

Quote:In regards to QBs, Dave Caldwell openly said the team is looking into keeping 3 quarterbacks and that Henne is the clear #2 for now, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do you have the link to him saying that?

Quote:Nice copy and paste job from Big Cat Country... lol

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/6/20/11976894/jacksonville-jaguars-53-man-roster-predictions-after-mini-camp'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/6/20/11976894/jacksonville-jaguars-53-man-roster-predictions-after-mini-camp</a>

Got em!

Quote:Do you have the link to him saying that?
I don't have it, but I remember Caldwell saying it in a post-draft press conference on jaguars.com.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

"Looking into" keeping 3 doesn't mean will keep 3.

If they do then whatever but I'd give that roster spot to a special team guy or an extra defensive guy.

I really don't think we're keeping 7 LBs

7 lbs lol   That was to stash all the draft picks away.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

There's no way they go into the season with an untested, lower round rookie QB, as the only backup.  Not happening.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

On offense, everything seems set except for TE.  Team is keeping 3 QB's, 4 RB's, 8 OL, and 5 WR.  At TE Thomas and Lewis are set and then there will be a battle for the other 2 or 3 spots.  The backups on Defense will be interesting since so many new starters are on the team.  Possible new starters are

Ramsey

Jackson

Gipson

Jack

Akumura

Fowler(coming back from injury)

That means a lot of guys who started last year will now be fighting for time on the bench. 

Quote:Grant won't make it. And I don't think we will keep 4 backs.

WRs look good. OL looks good too.

Defense looks decent.

Overall this is what we will have come week 1.

I disagree. If fact, if we only keep three I believe it should be Ivory, Yeldon and Grant.

'02

Quote:On offense, everything seems set except for TE.  Team is keeping 3 QB's, 4 RB's, 8 OL, and 5 WR.  At TE Thomas and Lewis are set and then there will be a battle for the other 2 or 3 spots.  The backups on Defense will be interesting since so many new starters are on the team.  Possible new starters are

Ramsey

Jackson

Gipson

Jack

Akumura

Fowler(coming back from injury)

That means a lot of guys who started last year will now be fighting for time on the bench. 

With so many questions regarding the OL I'm confident they'll keep a 9th OL. Meanwhile, they're keeping 4 TEs max.

'02

Quote:I really don't think we're keeping 7 LBs

At LB, he said....

<p style="margin-left:40px;">LB: Telvin Smith, Paul Posluszny, Myles Jack, Dan Skuta, Ryan Davis, Tyrone Holmes, Jordan Tripp

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

I can totally see these seven all making it. At OTTO, you want options plus they're still looking for their ideal guy. What if it's Holmes? Keep in mind how fast we were to get rid of Brandon Marshall.

'02

LB: Telvin Smith, Paul Posluszny, Myles Jack, Dan Skuta, Ryan Davis, Tyrone Holmes, Jordan Tripp

Curious how they use Davis and Holmes. They have never linebacker nor this

" OTTO " position

Quote:In regards to QBs, Dave Caldwell openly said the team is looking into keeping 3 quarterbacks and that Henne is the clear #2 for now, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does the practice squad count as "keeping" in Caldwell-speak?

Unless Allen plays exceptionally well in preseason, he'll be safe to keep on the practice squad.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"