Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade for Bortles

Last year I got kilt when I made a thread and suggested that maybe all but 5-7 teams in the NFL would trade their QB for Bortles. Many of you LOL'd. Perhaps rightfully so- I was projecting, but it was early.

Now, after the sophomore season he had, I'm wondering how many people still chuckle at the notion that the vast majority of GM's would trade their QB situation for our's.

May be easier to count the teams that wouldn't. Who ya got?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I could see Belichick trading for Bortles.

(This post was last modified: 07-02-2016, 03:26 PM by knarnn.)

GB

OAK

MINN

TENN

IND

PHI

LA

TB

PITT

BAL

ATL

These would be the teams least likely to trade for Bortles, although you could make a reasonable argument that they could.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:GB

OAK

MINN

TENN

IND

PHI

LA

TB

PITT

BAL

ATL

These would be the teams least likely to trade for Bortles, although you could make a reasonable argument that they could.

Minnesota? Brain injury much?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I would say stop starting useless threads.

Quote:Minnesota? Brain injury much?

I honestly am not impressed by Bridgewater. In a draft do over do you think if they were given a choice of between Bridgewater and Bortles they would take Bridgewater again?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I honestly am not impressed by Bridgewater. In a draft do over do you think if they were given a choice of between Bridgewater and Bortles they would take Bridgewater again?

Not a chance.

Great thread. Not

Quote:Last year I got kilt when I made a thread and suggested that maybe all but 5-7 teams in the NFL would trade their QB for Bortles. Many of you LOL'd. Perhaps rightfully so- I was projecting, but it was early.

Now, after the sophomore season he had, I'm wondering how many people still chuckle at the notion that the vast majority of GM's would trade their QB situation for our's.

May be easier to count the teams that wouldn't. Who ya got?

Do wut?

He said who would trade FOR Bortles, not trade him away. Appears there some confusion......

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2016, 01:11 PM by HIGH SCORE.)

Quote:He said who would trade FOR Bortles, not trade him away. Appears there some confusion......

This thread is for people with IQs greater than their shoe size.

Quote:Not a chance.

So with further deliberation I would probably strike Minnesota from my list.

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2016, 02:29 AM by haveaseat.)

Quote:This thread is for people with IQs greater than their show size.

Show size.

The jokes write themselves on this board. I swear it.

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2016, 04:40 AM by KYjaggy.)

I honestly still think at least half the league would decline a straight up trade for Bortles right now.

Would decline no question:

Packers

Colts

Seahawks

Panthers

Buccaneers

Titans

Rams

Eagles

Raiders 

Would briefly consider because of age/cost but I still think would decline fairly quickly:

Patriots

Steelers

Saints

Chargers

Falcons

Would probably decline but should probably accept:

Giants

Ravens

Cowboys

Cardinals

Vikings

Would be a coin flip:

Bengals

Chiefs

Dolphins

Quote:I honestly still think at least half the league would decline a straight up trade for Bortles right now.

Would decline no question:

Packers

Colts

Seahawks

Panthers

Buccaneers

Titans

Rams

Eagles

Raiders 

Would briefly consider because of age/cost but I still think would decline fairly quickly:

Patriots

Steelers

Saints

Chargers

Falcons

Would probably decline but should probably accept:

Giants

Ravens

Cowboys

Cardinals

Vikings

Would be a coin flip:

Bengals

Chiefs

Dolphins
How many of those same teams would turned down Teddy Bridgewater. lol Let me just say it would be more than half of the teams in the NFL

[Image: giphy.gif]

Why would you ever think of trading Blake Bortles?  I hope this thread does nto jinx him.

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2016, 09:09 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:I honestly am not impressed by Bridgewater. In a draft do over do you think if they were given a choice of between Bridgewater and Bortles they would take Bridgewater again?
in a draft do over for the Vikes Bortles was gone. But no question they would take Carr over Teddy and probably made it to the SB last year

When i read these threads all i can think of, is you guys smoke the best lol...

Declined:

GB

SEA

LA

CAR

TB

NE

PB

IND

OAK

In 2 years: PB, NE, LA and hopefully IND regret not taking the deal.

Quote:Declined:

GB

SEA

LA

CAR

TB

NE

PB

IND

OAK

In 2 years: PB, NE, LA and hopefully IND regret not taking the deal.

What team is PB?