Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Luck Extension

#Colts QB Andrew Luck's 5-year extension pays him $75M over the first 3 years, source said. Slightly less over final 2 years.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dang. $75 mil for three years.

Talk about gettin' some cheddar.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:#Colts QB Andrew Luck's 5-year extension pays him $75M over the first 3 years, source said. Slightly less over final 2 years.
He will be close to having enough to buy razors for that neck. :yucky:

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:#Colts QB Andrew Luck's 5-year extension pays him $75M over the first 3 years, source said. Slightly less over final 2 years.

More like slightly extended at a much higher price for the final two years my guess 32mil a year after they extend him in year 4

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Good for him! He's a good ball player, a nice guy and a competitor.

That being said, I hope he stinks this year.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:More like slightly extended at a much higher price for the final two years my guess 32mil a year after they extend him in year 4

Will he really be extended again if he keeps up the lack of success?

Not sure I'd be so eager to "tie up" the "once in a lifetime qb" who hasn't really lived up to that billing, especially if his current trajectory (flatline) continues.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Bust.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

I bet this makes Blake and his agent very happy.

Clots got taken on this one. The guy has nowhere to go but down.

Congrats to neckbeard and his agent.

I'm going to enjoy watching Malik Jackson chase him directly into a Dante Fowler sack this season. 

Details on Andrew Luck deal:

5-year extension (6-year deal).

Just north of $139 million (a record).

$87 million in guarantees (a record).

Quote:Clots got taken on this one. The guy has nowhere to go but down.

I also share this sentiment. Especially with Irsay at the helm.

Quote:Details on Andrew Luck deal:

5-year extension (6-year deal).

Just north of $139 million (a record).

$87 million in guarantees (a record).
WOW, that's a ton of money. way too much IMO.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

The clots had no choice but to sign him to a record deal. None.

They simply had to do it.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

That's the new bar set for a young franchise QB.  It's a blessing and a curse having a QB of Luck's stature.  We'll be paying at least that much to retain Bortles.

<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Lets him perform against a tougher AFC South

Good thing they locked him up before he's won anything.  He might have cost $200 mil if he'd actually won a Super Bowl. 

Imagine what he would have got payed if he was a great QB rather than a mediocre one. 

Wow draft hype really pays

Quote:Imagine what he would have got payed if he was a great QB rather than a mediocre one. 

Wow draft hype really pays

lol ... yeah, has only been in the playoffs every year he's been healthy. Glad the Jaguars haven't had to put up with such mediocrity.

Anyway, I'm surprised it's not more, although the guaranteed money is certainly noteworthy. There was talk that he and his agent probably could get the first fully guaranteed contract. With the way the cap has been going up this is a fairly club friendly deal. The per year amount doesn't blow everyone else out of the water.

I bet Bortles and his agent aren't as pleased as they thought they'd be.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:lol ... yeah, has only been in the playoffs every year he's been healthy. Glad the Jaguars haven't had to put up with such mediocrity.

Anyway, I'm surprised it's not more, although the guaranteed money is certainly noteworthy. There was talk that he and his agent probably could get the first fully guaranteed contract. With the way the cap has been going up this is a fairly club friendly deal. The per year amount doesn't blow everyone else out of the water.

I bet Bortles and his agent aren't as pleased as they thought they'd be.

Think you need to learn it's a team sport. But Bortles is way ahead of Luck after 2 years.

Luck now has had 1 season in 4 where he has played at a high level. He may start bouncing around some teams in a few years time.

Quote:Think you need to learn it's a team sport. But Bortles is way ahead of Luck after 2 years.

Luck now has had 1 season in 4 where he has played at a high level. He may start bouncing around some teams in a few years time.

Football is a team sport? What amazing insight! And Luck has been surrounded by All-Pros.

I think you share a mental block that some others on here share - i.e., fear of acknowledging that Luck might be pretty good somehow lessens the abilities or possibilities of Bortles being pretty good.

But, hey, keep whistling past the graveyard.  

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.