Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Luck Extension

Quote:Football is a team sport? What amazing insight! And Luck has been surrounded by All-Pros.

I think you share a mental block that some others on here share - i.e., fear of acknowledging that Luck might be pretty good somehow lessens the abilities or possibilities of Bortles being pretty good.

But, hey, keep whistling past the graveyard.  

I said Luck wasn't as billed before we even drafted Bortles? 

Bortles however is better than Luck after 2 years despite having one of the worst o lines in recent memory. I'm sorry I can't think of anything Luck is better than Bortles at? Maybe shrugging off tacklers...that's about it

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Football is a team sport? What amazing insight! And Luck has been surrounded by All-Pros.

I think you share a mental block that some others on here share - i.e., fear of acknowledging that Luck might be pretty good somehow lessens the abilities or possibilities of Bortles being pretty good.

Couldn't have said it better. Some posters in this forum are flat out an embarrassment to the jaguars. I know your not "supposed" to be cheering for a division rival...but the sheer stupidity here sometimes is amazing.

Ross Tucker on the Morning Kickoff on NFL Radio this morning said that Luck was overrated too.   

Quote:I said Luck wasn't as billed before we even drafted Bortles? 

Bortles however is better than Luck after 2 years despite having one of the worst o lines in recent memory. I'm sorry I can't think of anything Luck is better than Bortles at? Maybe shrugging off tacklers...that's about it

Thanks for confirming my theory.

What does Bortles have to do with Andrew Luck's abilities? I think you're confused.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

It will be interesting to see how he performs this season after what he did last year while supposedly being injured.  If his shoulder was as bad as was rumored last season and it's fully healed up we should see a return to 2014 form for him.  I'd love to see the clots dwell in the basement of the division for a while though.  They've been consistently good for so long it'd only be fair.

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2016, 10:29 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:Think you need to learn it's a team sport. But Bortles is way ahead of Luck after 2 years.

Luck now has had 1 season in 4 where he has played at a high level. He may start bouncing around some teams in a few years time.

You will get better conversation from a brick wall than that guy. A brick wall isn't as stubborn either.

Back to topic.... Luck is vastly overrated. All he has done is have success in a division full of punching bags. That has changed. He is highly injury prone now and with Irsay and Grigson doing absolutely nothing to make the team better, he will likely suffer another shoulder injury this year.

Quote:Isorry I can't think of anything Luck is better than Bortles at
He is better at throwing passes behind the line of scrimmage instead of past it.

Quote:You will get better conversation from a brick wall than that guy. A brick wall isn't as stubborn either.

Back to topic.... Luck is vastly overrated. All he has done is have success in a division full of punching bags. That has changed. He is highly injury prone now and with Irsay and Grigson doing absolutely nothing to make the team better, he will likely suffer another shoulder injury this year.

lol ... TMD was in FBT's head and I guess I'm in yours. Congratulations in becoming FBT jr. You can join him for drinks at his country club. Hope you have plenty of white belts.

So Bortles is no good because all he has done is have success in a division of punching bags? I think he's better than that. 

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Pull your head out of your nether region (or Luck's, whichever it is) and you'd have a much more objective view.

Has nothing to do with Bortles whatsoever.

Has everything to do with Luck being on par with the Daltons of the world, yet being raised to "once in a generation" status without warrant.

Pretty good doesn't measure up to what he's been prematurely claimed to be.  To date, he's been overbilled no matter how you'd like to wish that away.

Is it that you have a QB crush on him, or were you part of the crowd who was wrong about his being some kind of "second coming" at QB?  Which of those make you so bitter that he's pretty good, but not what he was advertised?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:lol ... TMD was in FBT's head and I guess I'm in yours. Congratulations in becoming FBT jr. You can join him for drinks at his country club. Hope you have plenty of white belts.

So Bortles is no good because all he has done is have success in a division of punching bags? I think he's better than that. 

LOL... any objective observer would see you having your rear handed to you routinely by anyone you "debate" on this board (and I use that term loosely.)

But then, when one lives in a fantasy world where they are the center... denial is par for the course, I suppose.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2016, 01:05 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:lol ... TMD was in FBT's head and I guess I'm in yours. Congratulations in becoming FBT jr. You can join him for drinks at his country club. Hope you have plenty of white belts.

I don't recall mentioning Bortles at all. I said Luck's success has been a product of a punching bag division. We will see how good he really is this year, which I think isn't that good to begin with.

Also, if you ever bothered reading the board, you would know I disagree with FBT on about everything football related although I am quite digging his political stance.

The clots with Manning were darn near unbeatable for the Jags.

I just don't feel the same way about the clots with Luck.

That's how I feel about Luck, he has shown to be pretty good at times and pretty mediocre at times, but he isn't P. Manning in his prime good and I don't think he ever will be.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Clots got caught at a bad time to be honest. He is just good enough to where you can't tell him to take a hike but still so many doubts about the guy with not only injury history, but also for throwing more bad picks than the Golden State Warriors.

Quote:He is better at throwing passes behind the line of scrimmage instead of past it.

Fair point

Quote:Thanks for confirming my theory.

What does Bortles have to do with Andrew Luck's abilities? I think you're confused.

You were the one who brought up Bortles?? I'm sure many would question it if bortles had got this amount, and he's the bigger talent and playing better.

How many more seasons til we have to pay Bortles? Ideally we get a ring before we have to pay him top billing

Quote:Couldn't have said it better. Some posters in this forum are flat out an embarrassment to the jaguars. I know your not "supposed" to be cheering for a division rival...but the sheer stupidity here sometimes is amazing.

Ah you are one of those guys who thought he was the next Peyton Manning on draft day right? Have you watched much of him since? There's no evidence at this point he will be an elite QB.

Like Manning he does play his worst football in the Playoffs however. Think he's averaging 2 INTS per game...

Quote:Ah you are one of those guys who thought he was the next Peyton Manning on draft day right? Have you watched much of him since? There's no evidence at this point he will be an elite QB.

Like Manning he does play his worst football in the Playoffs however. Think he's averaging 2 INTS per game...
See how this post was a complete fabrication made out of thin air with absolutely no facts or logic?

Thats the stupidity I was talking about.

Quote:See how this post was a complete fabrication made out of thin air with absolutely no facts or logic?

Thats the stupidity I was talking about.

Ok why is it stupid to think he's not a great QB? Why don't you give us some quality reasons? Or aren't there any?

Quote:Ok why is it stupid to think he's not a great QB? Why don't you give us some quality reasons? Or aren't there any?
Luck is a good QB. This somehow offends stupid people. The same people also seem to translate that as Luck is the greatest QB of all time and that Bortles is a bum.