Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Luck Extension

Quote:Luck is a good QB. This somehow offends stupid people. The same people also seem to translate that as Luck is the greatest QB of all time and that Bortles is a bum.

You seem to be reading into something that's not there. Nobody thinks he's a bad qb around here I don't think...?

Just horribly overrated

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2016, 10:46 AM by pirkster.)

Quote:You seem to be reading into something that's not there. Nobody thinks he's a bad qb around here I don't think...?

Just horribly overrated

Some of us criticizing Luck have even called him "pretty good" and specifically outlined that it does not translate that "Luck is the greatest QB of all time" (as he put it.)

And for the record, that's a direct quote... not a paraphrase.

I think the sentiment those of us who feel he's good but still doubt him are shared in his somewhat modest contract for an entrenched starter.  Could have been a lot bigger.  Would have been a lot bigger if he were who he was advertised coming out of college.  But, he hasn't met that billing.  Maybe he will in time, but he'll have to tick up another big notch and get to the elite status he hasn't earned yet.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:You will get better conversation from a brick wall than that guy. A brick wall isn't as stubborn either.

Back to topic.... Luck is vastly overrated. All he has done is have success in a division full of punching bags. That has changed. He is highly injury prone now and with Irsay and Grigson doing absolutely nothing to make the team better, he will likely suffer another shoulder injury this year.
Hurt once in 4 years is injury prone. Really? It's amazing how people spin things to suit themselves.

Btw, Luck's stats after 55 games are better than Peyton's after 56 games. Good lord, people. People are truly haters on this board. I'd be ashamed if I were a Jags fan.

Pointless comparing stats now. So much easier to rack up yards and td's. His passer rating says it all.. middle of the pack.

People around here in Indy, that are bug Colts fans feels like he got overpaid.

Saw this argument on another site, thought it would be interesting to share. 

These career stats are in this order...games played, attempts, completions, completion %, yards, avg, yds per game, TDs, INTs

Player A: 4 seasons, 26 yo, career QBR 85.0

Player B: 4 seasons, 28 yo, career QBR 85.2

Player A is Andrew Luck and Player B is Ryan Tannehill. 

Now I know the Clots are in a spot where they had to offer this kind of contract to Luck, and nobody is going to fault them. I bring up the stats between Luck and Tannehill because it seems like Tannehill gets his fair share of criticism. Luck really hasn't been that amazing QB the media makes him out to be. Not sure if he's deserving of such a contract, but good for him. 

Quote:Saw this argument on another site, thought it would be interesting to share. 

These career stats are in this order...games played, attempts, completions, completion %, yards, avg, yds per game, TDs, INTs

Player A: 4 seasons, 26 yo, career QBR 85.0

2,106 1,224 58.1   14,838 7.0 269.8 101   55

Player B: 4 seasons, 28 yo, career QBR 85.2

64 2,248 1,392 61.9   15,460 6.9 241.6 87   54

Player A is Andrew Luck and Player B is Ryan Tannehill. 

Now I know the Clots are in a spot where they had to offer this kind of contract to Luck, and nobody is going to fault them. I bring up the stats between Luck and Tannehill because it seems like Tannehill gets his fair share of criticism. Luck really hasn't been that amazing QB the media makes him out to be. Not sure if he's deserving of such a contract, but good for him. 

That's great stuff.

And prior to last season, his playoff performance didn't differ much from Andy Dalton's playoff "success."

Another QB, taken much later in the draft, who has gotten his heavy share of criticism.

Luck averages 2 picks every playoff game. Big game player

If Luck would be mediocre from this point on, it would be twice as harmful to the Colts.  First, they'd no longer have a franchise QB, but they'd have handcuffed themselves by giving so much guaranteed cash to Luck. 

Quote:Luck averages 2 picks every playoff game. Big game player
Keyword.

Quote:Keyword.

Andy Dalton averages 1.5 

Quote:Keyword.

Yeah. It is a key word. That's why he said it. He was showing that luck throws picks in the biggest games. He chokes.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

He wins in the regular season (very similar to Peyton) which isn't good for us regardless if he's a choker in the playoffs. Aside from last year when he was hurt, he's won ~11 games each of his first 3 years.

He's a great (verge of elite) QB that we will have to deal with for a long time. I hope we make him look average and his turnover issues from last year continue but it's not going to be easy with him in division like that.

Quote:Andy Dalton averages 1.5 
Playoffs:

Dalton 5 years in the league / 0-4 playoff record

Luck 4 years in the league / 3-3 playoff record

So............it's better to average 0.5 less picks than to win playoff games.

Got it.

Quote:Playoffs:

Got it.

Do you feel at all weird comparing Dalton and Luck?

Quote:That's great stuff.

And prior to last season, his playoff performance didn't differ much from Andy Dalton's playoff "success."

Another QB, taken much later in the draft, who has gotten his heavy share of criticism.

Keywords

Run those numbers, princess, and see what you find.

Quote:Playoffs:

Got it.

I didn't make that conclusion. Although I would say Dalton has been very unfortunate with injuries going into the playoffs on a couple of those years. Not to mention the fortune Luck had when Kansas city lost half their team to injury when they were spanking the Colts and couldn't cover TY Hilton anymore.

Luck has been a disappointment so far in his career considering the hype he has received. He's been solid but Manning could maybe have propelled them to a superbowl appearance the last 4 years.

Looks like his "injury" is back

So yeah Luck was poor again until garbage time flags and a Ramsey brain fade.

Quote:So yeah Luck was poor again until garbage time flags and a Ramsey brain fade.

You have an unhealthy infatuation with Mr. Andrew Luck.