Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL 2016 Summer Olympic Games Thread***

What a mess. Funding is collapsing. Security issues...friggin para Olympians robbed? What the piss is that? Zika.

Golfer Day just pulled out along with 3 other golfers, Ruskies banned. Anyone near water for yacht races, etc need Ebola suit protective gear while dodging floating turds.

Should be interesting.
Blakes Life Matters

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This was always going to be sketchy.

I hope that it's a great hit, but I'm not sure it'll be anywhere near as well run as London 2012.

Biased, I know.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:This was always going to be sketchy.

I hope that it's a great hit, but I'm not sure it'll be anywhere near as well run as London 2012.

Biased, I know.

James Bond coming to rescue the Queen was classic. Don't know if that was played on TV there.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:James Bond coming to rescue the Queen was classic. Don't know if that was played on TV there.

Yeah it certainly was.

I think Danny Boyle did an unbelievable job of the opening ceremony!

Quote:What a mess. Funding is collapsing. Security issues...friggin para Olympians robbed? What the [BAD WORD REMOVED] is that? Zika.

Golfer Day just pulled out along with 3 other golfers, Ruskies banned. Anyone near water for yacht races, etc need Ebola suit protective gear while dodging floating turds.

Should be interesting.

Quote:This was always going to be sketchy.

Biased, I know.
They'll make it appear like it is all rainbows and unicorns, just like they did with China in 2008. China hid all the blight and smog issues as best they could. They got the media to ignore it, or the media just chose to. They huddled in all the homeless and wrapped it in a decorative banner (think Disney when they are trying to hide current construction. They did this to the low income housing too. They will hide what they can in Rio and make it appear like nothing is wrong.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:They'll make it appear like it is all rainbows and unicorns, just like they did with China in 2008. China hid all the blight and smog issues as best they could. They got the media to ignore it, or the media just chose to. They huddled in all the homeless and wrapped it in a decorative banner (think Disney when they are trying to hide current construction. They did this to the low income housing too. They will hide what they can in Rio and make it appear like nothing is wrong.

South Africa did the same during the World Cup they hosted. 

Yeah. Lipstick on a pig with favorable camera angles. But with cops protesting, with signs stating welcome to hell, you're not safe? Doesn't encourage me to contact ticketmaster.

Always love the Olympics, hopefully it comes off ok. It's one of the venues where the world competes and we all seem somewhat civil..

Well...except those cheating commies. Smile
Blakes Life Matters

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2016, 09:13 AM by UCF Knight.)

We have body parts at the Volleyball Venue!

I'd post a link, but there is a setting that iswrong.

What a clusterF

It's a shame because the natural environment there looks beautiful

Sad all around.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/30/americas/r...index.html
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Yeah it certainly was.

I think Danny Boyle did an unbelievable job of the opening ceremony!

London was pretty good the best opening was China, all them drums wowzers
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:London was pretty good the best opening was China, all them drums wowzers

True story.

I thought London was kinda boring tbh, China was very good.

Quote:I thought London was kinda boring tbh, China was very good.

I thought it was cool how they incorporated most of their history as a nation into an opening theme. It's a culture that's probably seen more ups and downs in the history of time. They've been on top of the world, owned most of the world, bombed back into oblivion, suffered under cruel monarchy's, spurned the birth of multiple world powers today, driven an industrial revolution through out Europe, it's really amazing all the change and history the UK has and that's not even real considering all their ups and downs during the early centuries. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:What a mess. Funding is collapsing. Security issues...friggin para Olympians robbed? What the [BAD WORD REMOVED] is that? Zika.

Should be interesting.
Brazil, in typical fashion, paid to have a sporting event to try and keep the masses ignoring their super-corrupt politicians.

Unfortunately for those politicians they were so bad they couldn't hold it together till the Olympics got there.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:I thought it was cool how they incorporated most of their history as a nation into an opening theme. It's a culture that's probably seen more ups and downs in the history of time. They've been on top of the world, owned most of the world, bombed back into oblivion, suffered under cruel monarchy's, spurned the birth of multiple world powers today, driven an industrial revolution through out Europe, it's really amazing all the change and history the UK has and that's not even real considering all their ups and downs during the early centuries. 

I think you're right. A lot of people thought it was 'just a performance'.. It was much, much more than that and I think he encapsulated it amazingly well.

Yeah.. Olympics won't happen.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/05/americas/r...index.html

Quote:Sad all around.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/30/americas/r...index.html
Not sure which is more sad...  Body parts floating up or that guy's shorts.

Go USA! beat the Dutch!

Something is telling me that this is gonna be a [BLEEP] olympics. Even the opening ceremony stinks..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]