Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Final drawing of indoor practic field and ampertheater

Quote:Thanks Dragonfury, and you got me "Skeet" as a matter of fact, I am having Catarac surgery tomorrow!

So forgive the spelling friend.

Those are nice cars. Bringing it in for some work,eh?
Blakes Life Matters

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Bad image. Try this one.<a class="bbc_url" href='http://media.bizj.us/view/img/1892071/jaguars-stadium-possibility1*750.jpg'>http://media.bizj.us/view/img/1892071/jaguars-stadium-possibility1*750.jpg</a>

Waiting for Hans Solo to exit.
Blakes Life Matters

My guess is that the covered stadium idea has been replaced by this Amphitheater-Practice Field deal.  I can't see them doing both, for logistical and economical reasons.  Next phase will probably be the shipyard renovations Khan has proposed.  \

I would have preferred a covered stadium and a stand-a-lone indoor practice facility nearby, but not attached, and no amphitheater.  

Of course if you don't build it right, and with some of the storms we have, there is always a risk of this:

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2009/05/04/cowboys

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2016, 05:37 PM by JagSwag.)

Quote:Are they trying to make it like a soccer stadium? By far the coolest stadium I have ever seen is Bayern Munich's stadium in Germany. The Allianz arena.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_menu/architecture/stadium_design/pictures/munchen_allianz/munchen_allianz4.jpg'>http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_menu/architecture/stadium_design/pictures/munchen_allianz/munchen_allianz4.jpg</a>
A quality stadia indeed. But worth noting it's a lot easier to finance such things when

a) it's heavily financed by a sponsor

b) it's heavily financed by the German Football Association.

c) it's a dual team stadium. The reason for the exterior lighting is because both Bayern and 1860 München use the Allianz as their home.

Quote:My guess is that the covered stadium idea has been replaced by this Amphitheater-Practice Field deal.  I can't see them doing both, for logistical and economical reasons.  Next phase will probably be the shipyard renovations Khan has proposed.  \

I would have preferred a covered stadium and a stand-a-lone indoor practice facility nearby, but not attached, and no amphitheater.  

Of course if you don't build it right, and with some of the storms we have, there is always a risk of this:

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2009/05/04/cowboys

I think the covered stadium was more of a dream scenario than anything. The covered practice field is something the team has needed for 20 years. The ampitheater is really an additional revenue stream for the team and city. 

In terms of next steps, my guess is not the shipyards. But rather Metro Park. The stage there was useless anyway and has been condemned. With the ampitheater being built, Metro Park has almost no value as a concert venue. I think we will see some development there.

;

;

In reference to that mess they're putting on top of Dolphin Stadium: So when a Hurricane comes through......

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Will the groundbreaking stream live on Jaguars.com or somewhere else?

[Image: n96NiAL.jpg]

;

;

Quote:And it will be filled with ampersand.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Here are some updated renderings:

[Image: temp1Rendering-1--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg...height=720]

[Image: temp2Rendering-2--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg...height=720]

;

;

Quote:[Image: n96NiAL.jpg]
So that's where the convenient store is going?

[Image: temp3Rendering-3--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg...height=720]

[Image: temp4Rendering-4--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg...height=720]

;

;

It's so nice! How fun is it to have something new to look forward to every year! <3 Shad!

That thing is going to be awesome.

I thought it was going to look more like this.

What that is, is a box.

Makes me think strongly of this.

I want this baby to purr.

WE'VE BEEN CATFISHED!!!! We though we were showing up to meet Miss America, but Rosie O'donnell walked out. Booooo!!!!!!

Quote:WE'VE BEEN CATFISHED!!!! We though we were showing up to meet Miss America, but Rosie O'donnell walked out. Booooo!!!!!!

You have got to work on your troll game son. I mean, I believe in you and all. You just gotta do better. Step up your game!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:You have got to work on your troll game son. I mean, I believe in you and all. You just gotta do better. Step up your game!

But you gotta respect his rotating stock of monkey avatars

;

;

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2016, 08:05 AM by David4499.)

Just cause ignorant people don't like what I have to say, doesn't make a comment trolling.. Personally, I think we're getting the short end of the stick. They showed us amazing renderings which were paid for.. multiple times... And now all we're getting is a rectangle shaped greenhouse/shed....Anybody remember the old river city music shed... it was a hot box....  They're giving us the same thing, just shinier and closer to the stadium...

I work at the zoo.... why else would I have so many monkey avatars.

Quote:Just cause ignorant people don't like what I have to say, doesn't make a comment trolling.. Personally, I think we're getting the short end of the stick. They showed us amazing renderings which were paid for.. multiple times... And now all we're getting is a rectangle shaped greenhouse/shed
....Anybody remember the old river city music shed... it was a hot box....  They're giving us the same thing, just shinier and closer to the stadium... It might be nice to go see a show in January or February, but the other 10 months are going to be equatorial under that thing

I work at the zoo.... why else would I have so many monkey avatars.

Except for the part in the article where it states: "When the doors are closed to the flex field, the space is fully climate controlled
." You know, the important part.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!