Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump dominates campaign fundr...oh, wait.

Quote:New York Times, and I'm not sure you read, well, anything. I'm relating it to his ability to win the Presidency, something Cruz in particular could have done, and now we're going to be stuck with a bought and sold career politician who'll be father left than Obama instead of someone who will clean up some messes and change some policy.

You have no idea how much I'm looking forward to dealing with a Clinton/Warren CFPB. Half the financial industry will give up and walk away as revenue streams cut off by government interference are not replaced by other income sources because, well, because [BAD WORD REMOVED] head Cordray decides that no consumer should ever have to pay for anything or be held accountantable for their own decisions.

I don't think Cruz would have had any chance of winning. He is a religious nutcase and aligns himself with religious nut cases. If you don't get on your knees and pray everyday you aren't fit to be President... One could make a very good argument that a majority of the world's conflicts and problems are exactly because people get on their hands and knees to pray. Anyways, I'd much rather have a President who bases his actions on logic and not belief. One of his endorsements Pastor Swanson said to kill the gays and the death penalty was justified bases in a verse in the Bible. He did not denounce that belief and simply said it was a mistake to go to that conference, but only after pressure mounted. I would have at least respected him more if he stuck to his guns and said I'm not apologizing (not that he cares).

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't think Cruz would have had any chance of winning. He is a religious nutcase and aligns himself with religious nut cases. If you don't get on your knees and pray everyday you aren't fit to be President... One could make a very good argument that a majority of the world's conflicts and problems are exactly because people get on their hands and knees to pray. Anyways, I'd much rather have a President who bases his actions on logic and not belief. One of his endorsements Pastor Swanson said to kill the gays and the death penalty was justified bases in a verse in the Bible. He did not denounce that belief and simply said it was a mistake to go to that conference, but only after pressure mounted. I would have at least respected him more if he stuck to his guns and said I'm not apologizing (not that he cares).

Well said. While Trump is running to be King of the Yahoos, Cruz wants to be America's Ayatollah.

I don't get it. The Republicans had some attractive candidates (mine was Rubio, but there were  a few others), but noooo - they find the one person on the planet (including V. Putin) who has higher negatives than H. Clinton. I didn't think it could be done. But they did it.

At least Cleveland will be somewhat interesting. 

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:At least Cleveland will be somewhat interesting. 

As are train wrecks, but we shouldn't wish for one purely for our amusement.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Has there ever been a presidential candidate with bigger or uglier legs than Hillary Clinton?

Taft?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Taft?
Were his legs even visible under the skirt of fat?

Why are voters so hesitant to elect a candidate who has had success in the real world and earned his keep?

Democrats don't like people who create their own success. I understand that, but come on...

Trump hasn't 'earned his keep'.  He played with the bankruptcy laws, and started out with more money than most people are able to save in a lifetime.  Not to mention he benefited from all of his father's connections.  He borrowed $9M from his future inheritance. My wife and I make decent money, but we'd have to work 90 years to make that kind of money, and that's before taxes and paying for things like food, and housing.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

On what planet is turning the sum of money you stated into 10B not considered earning your keep?

Quote:On what planet is turning the sum of money you stated into 10B not considered earning your keep?

That remains to be established.

Quote:Why are voters so hesitant to elect a candidate who has had success in the real world and earned his keep?

Democrats don't like people who create their own success. I understand that, but come on...

To say the guy "created his own success" is laughable. There's a reason he acts like a spoiled brat who can say or do anything to anyone and he shouldn't be accountable for anything....

Quote:Why are voters so hesitant to elect a candidate who has had success in the real world and earned his keep?

My hesitation has nothing to do with his success or lack of success in the private sector. Everyone I know that is hesitant about trump is because of the policies he has embraced;

Tarriffs on imports (raising taxes that's a liberal move don't care how you justify it)

Pro gun control measures ( openly supported the assault weapons ban, floated the idea of a no fly no buy list, doesn't understand the purpose nor necessity of the 2nd amendment so he won't properly defend it)

Supports funding planned parenthood (its one thing to be pro-choice ok we disagree fine it's another to use tax dollars to support clinics that primarily function as abortion centers)

Supports sending ground troops into the Middle East again

Those are the biggest four reasons I know conservatives and libertarians are hesitant. And all of that is based on someone accepting hes not lying about the other positions he has taken this campaign.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Trump hasn't 'earned his keep'.  He played with the bankruptcy laws, and started out with more money than most people are able to save in a lifetime.  Not to mention he benefited from all of his father's connections.  He borrowed $9M from his future inheritance. My wife and I make decent money, but we'd have to work 90 years to make that kind of money, and that's before taxes and paying for things like food, and housing.

Quote:To say the guy "created his own success" is laughable. There's a reason he acts like a spoiled brat who can say or do anything to anyone and he shouldn't be accountable for anything....

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Trump's company tricked investors. Here's how

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://usat.ly/28UOjsG'>http://usat.ly/28UOjsG</a>
Blakes Life Matters

Interesting that it took Hilldog 250 million and 700+ staffers to take out one guy while it took Donald Trump less than 50 million and 70 staffers to take out 17 stronger candidates.

Quote:Interesting that it took Hilldog 250 million and 700+ staffers to take out one guy while it took Donald Trump less than 50 million and 70 staffers to take out 17 stronger candidates.

Lol, Top Line--- you're being as disingenuous as Healy Baumgardner

Quote:Lol, Top Line--- you're being as disingenuous as Healy Baumgardner

Not sure what this means other than I simply stated a fact.

Quote:Has there ever been a presidential candidate with bigger or uglier legs than Hillary Clinton?

FDR had polio that forced him to a wheelchair. Pretty sure his legs were worse off than anyone else's.

Quote:Well said. While Trump is running to be King of the Yahoos, Cruz wants to be America's Ayatollah.

I don't get it. The Republicans had some attractive candidates (mine was Rubio, but there were  a few others), but noooo - they find the one person on the planet (including V. Putin) who has higher negatives than H. Clinton. I didn't think it could be done. But they did it.

At least Cleveland will be somewhat interesting. 

Rubio was the one. He however played scared and was trying not to piss anyone off. The Miami debate was the first time he looked remotely like a leader who was on point. However, by then it was way too late everyone had already branded him. 

Quote:Not sure what this means other than I simply stated a fact.

I'm pointing out that your fact is a disingenuous half truth, used as a talking point that ignores reality in an attempt to recreate a positive narrative for your boy.

Trump didn't have to spend any money because of all the positive free press he got from September to April.

Come on, Stroud, you're better than that...

Quote:I'm pointing out that your fact is a disingenuous half truth, used as a talking point that ignores reality in an attempt to recreate a positive narrative for your boy.

Trump didn't have to spend any money because of all the positive free press he got from September to April.

Come on, Stroud, you're better than that...
That free press isn't going to stop just because it's the general election. 

Trump does need to do some serious fundraising, but I don't think he needs to beat Hillary in that department.  In fact, her propensity to raise so much money could actually prove to be a gift to Trump as he continues to press the narrative that she's a corrupt plutocrat who has leveraged her marriage to a former president into a political career, and a millionaire lifestyle by selling access and assistance to the highest bidder. 

Hillary is going to have a hard time running away from her family's charitable foundation that enriched them more than it helped any charity.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:That free press isn't going to stop just because it's the general election.

Trump does need to do some serious fundraising, but I don't think he needs to beat Hillary in that department. In fact, her propensity to raise so much money could actually prove to be a gift to Trump as he continues to press the narrative that she's a corrupt plutocrat who has leveraged her marriage to a former president into a political career, and a millionaire lifestyle by selling access and assistance to the highest bidder.

Hillary is going to have a hard time running away from her family's charitable foundation that enriched them more than it helped any charity.

Perhaps you're right. We won't know for a few more months.

But consider this, that fee press he was getting in the winter was all glowing and positive.

It's not that way for trump anymore. Cnn, which used to gush over trump and give Jeffery lorde and that one blonde hours of time just one on one with the cnn anchor no longer do that. Now, trump surrogates are on panels and are grilled, that's the top line.

Morning Joe, which was an absolute love fest for trump, now scrutinize him 80 percent and question him 20 percent. There's no more love there.

I think your point about the argument that he's not raising money is so interesting. As a liberal, the citizens United ruling is a huge issue for me, I'm interested in seeing if trump actually decided to not get funding... I have a feeling that this is just spin to give him an excuse for his terrible fund raising in May, but we'll see.

Lastly, your argument about the Clinton foundation, if it's the one I think you are referring to, has been debunked. But, whatever, most people already know that... that's why it's s non issue. Just like bengazi...