Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should the UK remain with the European Union?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Brexit

Quote:How in the world do you think Britain can reform the EU? By threatening to leave? That already has proven to change nothing.

Would the ruling EU bureaucrats dependent on the EU staying the way it is allow any change?

Exactly the biggest bargaining power to reform is to threaten to leave. We did that and got no real reforms during the negotiation.

We have now played hard ball and voted to leave, ball is in their court.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Is it true that Spain could veto their entrance?

Spain doesn't even acknowledge Kosovo. Spain will veto Scotland being in the EU outside of the UK forever unless of major political change there.

Quote:Spain doesn't even acknowledge Kosovo. Spain will veto Scotland being in the EU outside of the UK forever unless of major political change there.
Spain opposes Scottish Independence due to having Its own fears about Catalonia and Basque succeeding.

Nigel Farage steps down...Boris and Farage have quite possibly destroyed their entire political career.

Quote:Nigel Farage steps down...Boris and Farage have quite possibly destroyed their entire political career.

I think Farage completed his one and only goal? Would that more people do the same.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I think Farage completed his one and only goal? Would that more people do the same.

Hey, I put a lot of time and energy into graduating from junior high school.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I think Farage completed his one and only goal? Would that more people do the same.

Suppose you're right this has always been his goal really.I always thought he was a spoofer who wanted to become Prime Minister more than anything else.

I see Farage is gracefully stepping down as UKIP leader, but not from his $131k/year seat in European Parliament. 

Quote:I see Farage is gracefully stepping down as UKIP leader, but not from his $131k/year seat in European Parliament.

Would you step down from a job like that? I certainly wouldn't.

If his goal was to win the referendum, then he has indeed accomplished his goal. If his goal was to see the UK get out of the EU, then his resignation is premature.

It really seems to me like he is avoiding the hard work of extricating the UK from the EU. He's probably one of these people who likes to sit on the sideline and express his dissent, but when it's time to show some real leadership, and do some real work, he exits the stage, because he doesn't want to take the blame if things go wrong.

Yeah but he's not part of the government so i'm not sure what role he can really play anyway? It's not like he has friends in the EU either.