Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
XBOX One S

​Anyone getting it? I'm considering it, looks pretty awesome.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What's the actual difference?

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:What's the actual difference?
Based on nothing but scrolling past pictures on Reddit: It's smaller, supports 4K and has a bigger HDD.

Quote:Based on nothing but scrolling past pictures on Reddit: It's smaller, supports 4K and has a bigger HDD.

Nothing I'd notice then, pass..

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Better GPU, IR Blaster, slight smaller controller, integrated power supply. It's actually 40% smaller than the current Xbox AND now bulky power brick. That's pretty nice in itself.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Don't waste your money on the S.

Just wait one more year and buy the Project Scorpio which is significantly better than the S.

Quote:Don't waste your money on the S.

Just wait one more year and buy the Project Scorpio which is significantly better than the S.

Meh, while you're right that Scorpio will be way better, that's over a year off.

I'll trade my XB1 in and pay the $100 difference for the S (assuming there will be a trade in package through Gamestop)

Then I'll trade the S for the Scorpio
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Before you invest in that. Check out ReviewTechUSA on Youtube about that. It was an interesting take on this console. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I think I am ready to upgrade form last gen consoles. The big question is, PS4+ or XB1S.

I have a reasonably capable PC rigged to my TV but i'd like to move it upstairs to the office for working from home. 

When it comes to consoles honestly what it will mostly boil down to is typically the exclusive titles and/or overall interface. For me, Playstation wins out. In the past I've typically waited a good year or two before picking up any Microsoft console when they were for sale on Black Friday's. 

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:When it comes to consoles honestly what it will mostly boil down to is typically the exclusive titles and/or overall interface. For me, Playstation wins out. In the past I've typically waited a good year or two before picking up any Microsoft console when they were for sale on Black Friday's.

See its a toss up for me. Exclusives are usually better (IMO) on Playstation. But the XB1 interface is just way better
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:See its a toss up for me. Exclusives are usually better (IMO) on Playstation. But the XB1 interface is just way better

Yup. Same feeling on my end too. I liked the 360 OS/Interface a lot more than I did on my PS3. I messed around with the Xbox One at Bestbuy and I already liked it more than my PS4 at home. But the exclusives and fanboy in me couldn't pass up getting the PS4 first. 

Quote:Yup. Same feeling on my end too. I liked the 360 OS/Interface a lot more than I did on my PS3. I messed around with the Xbox One at Bestbuy and I already liked it more than my PS4 at home. But the exclusives and fanboy in me couldn't pass up getting the PS4 first.

That's why I have both lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Picked one of these up today for $230. Going to sell my old one for around $200 so I'll be close to just swapping it out.

I like the new size, it's smaller and a tad heavier (could be just same weight in smaller size) It feels more solidly built.

Lack of Kinect support seems a bit odd, but I really only use it for Netflix voice commands anyway.

Graphics seem a tiny bit better, mainly just frame rates are much smoother and loading is a little faster. I don't have a 4K TV anyway, so can't really comment on that.

So far seems worthwhile, definitely not something to spend big money to upgrade, but for the deal I got or if you don't have an XB1 at all, it's a good buy.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Picked one of these up today for $230. Going to sell my old one for around $200 so I'll be close to just swapping it out.

I like the new size, it's smaller and a tad heavier (could be just same weight in smaller size) It feels more solidly built.

Lack of Kinect support seems a bit odd, but I really only use it for Netflix voice commands anyway.

Graphics seem a tiny bit better, mainly just frame rates are much smoother and loading is a little faster. I don't have a 4K TV anyway, so can't really comment on that.

So far seems worthwhile, definitely not something to spend big money to upgrade, but for the deal I got or if you don't have an XB1 at all, it's a good buy.

For kinect you can get a usb adapter for the S. They were giving it to you for free if you sent them serial numbers for original xbox plus S and the kinect not sure about now though.
No Fun

Quote:For kinect you can get a usb adapter for the S. They were giving it to you for free if you sent them serial numbers for original xbox plus S and the kinect not sure about now though.

Meh, I never used it except to tell Netflix "Continue Watching" anyway. Not too concerned.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Waiting on Project Scorpio.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Waiting on Project Scorpio.

I'll do the same thing for that as I did this. Find a deal on the Scorpio, sell the S for like $50 less than I paid for the Scorpio
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 09:08 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Let me know when ya want to do that. Ill take off your hands. If ya have no problem shipping it. Of course i pay shipping fees.

Ill either be here in knox or over in texas city.

Id much prefer jax. But the local music scene is over that way unfortunately.

Ill give my boy the 1s.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Let me know when ya want to do that. Ill take off your hands. If ya have no problem shipping it. Of course i pay shipping fees.

Ill either be here in knox or over in texas city.

Id much prefer jax. But the local music scene is over that way unfortunately.

Ill give my boy the 1s.

I'll be sure to message you when that time comes, that would be great.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS