Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bosa holding out

Joey Bosa is holding out of mini camp over a "contract dispute"

Not sure what there is to hold out about, but apparently he is.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Glad we dodged that bullet.

The man is making more than he would have if he hadn't been over-drafted like he was. He should be thankful.

He probably knows he's going to bust and wants cash now because it is all he will ever get.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2016, 04:32 PM by GlockBortles.)

its about offsets or something. Not a big deal.

What did he do?  Hire an agent from the year 2010?

Would be interested to see if the dispute is over language similar to the Justin Blackmon contract.

Team owed money if suspended for substance abuse issues.

The big issues are...

The Chargers want to defer some of the signing bonus; Bosa wants 100% of the signing bonus up front.  

Bosa wants his guaranteed 4 year salaries to be fully paid by the Chargers if he is released during the contract.  Should Bosa be released during the deal, the Chargers only want to be on the hook for the difference between his guaranteed salary and his new team salary. In other words, if released, Bosa wants to be able to "double dip".     

This smells of "Agent Work" to me. As in, this holdout is the work of an agent trying to put some ground for negotiation back into the First Round signings. I didn't think Condon and CAA would do this, but maybe they're just reacting to what their client wants.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:This smells of "Agent Work" to me. As in, this holdout is the work of an agent trying to put some ground for negotiation back into the First Round signings. I didn't think Condon and CAA would do this, but maybe they're just reacting to what their client wants.

Sounds to me like Bosa still might want to party a bit and wants to protect himself from an inevitable failed drug test.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Sounds to me like Bosa still might want to party
a bit and wants to protect himself from an inevitable failed drug test.

And whether that is true or not, he should be worried about that perception. If he does get busted for some chemical use, this may not bode so well for him with the League Office.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Worked out great for Jamarcus Russell :teehee:

Thank you Chargers...

So glad we have Ramsey.

Quote:Thank you Chargers...

So glad we have Ramsey.

Amen and amen.

Also, big ups to Jerrah Jones for the gift of both Ramsey and Jack.

Good God, was that a great draft or what?!?!

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2016, 10:41 AM by Treestone Ice.)

I'm still pretty surprised the bolts didn't draft Ramsey. When Telesco said they had their sights on one guy the whole time, I thought sure it was Ramsey. I don't think Bosa has the speed to be a force in the NFL, especially at LB. Nuts. And Jerry Jones really had me scratching my head when he took a top 5 RB and Jaylon in the 2nd.

Our guys have some red flags too, but we got lucky in the draft.

Quote:I'm still pretty surprised the bolts didn't draft Ramsey. When Telesco said they had their sights on one guy the whole time, I thought sure it was Ramsey. I don't think Bosa has the speed to be a force in the NFL, especially at LB. Nuts. And Jerry Jones really had me scratching my head when he took a top 5 RB and Jaylon in the 2nd.

They are going to ruin him. Colts did the same thing to Bjoern Werner

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2016, 01:40 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:I'm still pretty surprised the bolts didn't draft Ramsey. When Telesco said they had their sights on one guy the whole time, I thought sure it was Ramsey. I don't think Bosa has the speed to be a force in the NFL, especially at LB. Nuts. And Jerry Jones really had me scratching my head when he took a top 5 RB and Jaylon in the 2nd.

Bosa won't play much LB.Will be a DE in nickel.

Quote:They are going to ruin him. Colts did the same thing to Bjoern Werner

Well now we have him too!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Bosa still not signed

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ts-to-camp

This is odd for a player to hold out this long after the new CBA in place.   Glad they went Bosa now instead of Ramsey