Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bosa holding out

Yeah at this point he is really harming himself. I can't see how skipping camp for any length of time as a rookie helps your cause. This guy must be THAT worried about being cut or suspended. Unreal. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow, that's crazy.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2016, 09:05 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Probably watched Concussion.

I read somewhere that all remaining 1st round holdouts belong to the same agency. These guys need to find new agents.

Bosa was my top guy in the draft but glad we got Ramsey at this point

Joey Bosa begins training-camp holdout

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news...-contract/

I'm glad we didn't get Bosa.

I just think he will be one of those really good college players that just turn into an average NFL player who will make some plays, but nothing special.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I don't think he's gonna do much as a 3-4 LB. That one really surprised me, I kinda thought he was a bit slow to begin with.

I'm glad we didn't pick him either. I know a lot of guys wanted him.

Quote:I don't think he's gonna do much as a 3-4 LB. That one really surprised me, I kinda thought he was a bit slow to begin with.
I dont like hime as a 3-4 olb either. Just like I didnt like Clowney in a 3-4. Those 2 guys are your prototypical elite 4-3 DE imo

Quote:This smells of "Agent Work" to me. As in, this holdout is the work of an agent trying to put some ground for negotiation back into the First Round signings. I didn't think Condon and CAA would do this, but maybe they're just reacting to what their client wants.

Condon has a rich history or holding out players and it not ending up being the best idea.

Most recently with Bradford, and the failed attempt to bait Denver's interest.  But he's also got a list of holdout first rounders who ended up being disappointments, or at best not meeting expectations:

Brady Quinn

Ben Watson

Cade McNown

Knowshon Moreno

Darrius Heyward-Bey

He was able to get big money for Dez Bryant without one.

But yes, I do believe Condon goes big, and does NOT go home without the big money.

I think there's no doubt he's the one driving it.  In pushing for his clients, he's also pushing for himself.  Both to fatten the wallet and attract clients who want the biggest/best deals.  Regardless of how some of his clients have panned out on the field, he can always point to what he accomplished on the contract.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

For Bosa not to be in camp is just stupid.

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2016, 07:44 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:I don't think he's gonna do much as a 3-4 LB. That one really surprised me, I kinda thought he was a bit slow to begin with.

He will be a 5 tech DE for 70% of the snaps so that's not really an issue.

Like father like son. Interesting read.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news...gree-soon/

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2016, 01:13 AM by Treestone Ice.)

Quote:He will be a 5 tech DE for 70% of the snaps so that's not really an issue.

Yea, well, I think his being too slow to play in the NFL for his size and position will be an issue 100% of the time there, coach.

Quote:Yea, well, I think his being too slow to play in the NFL for his size and position will be an issue 100% of the time there, coach.

He will be one of the quickest 5 tech DEs in the league.

This is just crazy now!

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Bosa was my top guy in the draft but glad we got Ramsey at this point

Joey Bosa begins training-camp holdout

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news...-contract/

Bosa wouldn't have been a holdout had the Jags drafted him. The Jags gave Ramsey everything in the contract that Bosa is asking for. This is just San Diego being cheap.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Bosa wouldn't have been a holdout had the Jags drafted him. The Jags gave Ramsey everything in the contract that Bosa is asking for. This is just San Diego being cheap.

How is San Diego being cheap? The money is guaranteed. The only difference is if he'll get it all this year or part this year and part next year.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:How is San Diego being cheap? The money is guaranteed. The only difference is if he'll get it all this year or part this year and part next year.

Either way, it doesn't look good for him. Even if it's his agent doing it and advising him to hold out, it's a horrible idea as a rookie.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:How is San Diego being cheap? The money is guaranteed. The only difference is if he'll get it all this year or part this year and part next year.

That question can be turned around. If that's the only difference, why is San Diego refusing to give in?

I'm not sure how much would be held to next year, but say it's $5M. The interest (or gain from investing) of that $5M makes a much bigger difference to the guy who's net worth would be (say) $10M rather than the Chargers who's net worth is over a billion. They are arguing over a position that makes a big difference to Bosa while essentially nothing to the Chargers.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

This isn't some mid round pick, they took this guy #3 overall and they're absolutely being petty.