Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
50 Dead at Orlando Night Club The Pulse In Act Of Terror

It's starting to look like this was part of a bigger thing. Seems there was a foiled attack plot on an LA pride parade amongst other bombings and the like happening around the world.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Are those idiots from Westboro celebrating?

The debate regarding NRA and Gun Control will rage on... But one thing is certain. Our world is much different now. People will naturally raise eyebrows at anyone resembling anyone from the Middle East.

We are forever changed. More cynical. Paranoid. Loss of trust. Angrier. Worried. Disgusted. Feelings that could really harm the fabric of this country.

It's bad wherever, but for some reason, it really hits home when it happens a couple hours away. A city we've all been to. The home of Mickey and Minnie. A place for children.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Um, yes. They have certain things in common.

What I think is irrelevant anyway. We are getting what you want. Boatloads of these people from war torn countries. Im sure nothing bad will ever happen.

I guess that's why you are seeing some Euro countries renig their refugee status... Because it's all fine and dandy.

Getting what I want? What I want is for people to quit making sweeping generalizations about strangers that they have never met.

Let me ask you; do you know any Muslims or have any as friends? I do. In fact I have a Muslim friend that I go hunting with just about every year. Sounds crazy don't it? Alone in the woods with an armed Muslim. How on Earth do I keep making it back alive year after year?

There are bad apples from every walk of life but I'll be damned if I'm going to let the actions of a few nut jobs turn me into a paranoid xenophobe.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2016, 02:27 PM by homebiscuit.)

The gunman's father claimed the massacre "had nothing to do with religion."

Dad doing his part. 

I drive that way a lot. I'm usually in my truck, come down 4 to Michigan Ave and take Orange down to Tradeport Drive..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I can't really respond to the gunman's fathers comments here.  But I'd say that he's very wrong and leave it at that.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Welp.  President Obama makes a statement regarding regarding the issue.  Of course, the focus was on gun control and LGBT issues.  No mention of Islamic terrorism.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Welp. President Obama makes a statement regarding regarding the issue. Of course, the focus was on gun control and LGBT issues. No mention of Islamic terrorism.

According to Ringo, we are not allowed to mourn and be angry all while questioning the POTUS at the same time.

Quote:Welp.  President Obama makes a statement regarding regarding the issue.  Of course, the focus was on gun control and LGBT issues.  No mention of Islamic terrorism.
Quote:According to Ringo, we are not allowed to mourn and be angry all while questioning the POTUS at the same time.

He said it was an act of terror. He also didn't mention it was an anti gay slaughter, which it appears to be. But to jump on the blaming BO right off the bat, when anyone with a lick of sense knows that these acts are difficult to control. Again...was it Bushs' fault for 9/11? Don't piss your pants, it's a comparison.

Those who blame a current sitting POTUS on all issues have a very shallow thought process.

Do really think if Trump becomes President these things won't happen? Wake the piss up.

Do we need to enforce and expand the Patriot Act?
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:He said it was an act of terror. He also didn't mention it was an anti gay slaughter, which it appears to be. But to jump on the blaming BO right off the bat, when anyone with a lick of sense knows that these acts are difficult to control. Again...was it Bushs' fault for 9/11? Don't [BAD WORD REMOVED] your pants, it's a comparison.

Those who blame a current sitting POTUS on all issues have a very shallow thought process.

Do really think if Trump becomes President these things won't happen? Wake the [BAD WORD REMOVED] up.

Do we need to enforce and expand the Patriot Act?

I don't blame President Obama for the attack at all.  However, his focus is in the wrong place.  Is this about gun rights and/or LGBT issues or is it about radical Islamic terrorism?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Common sense immigration laws. Bringing in more Muslims in addition to the ones already here who may or may not believe in jihad... not the best idea unless acts of terror is the goal.

I never said limiting these people would end all violence. There will be still be occasional creepy white kid killing people.
It appears to me that the majority of domestic terrorist and hate acts are committed not by Muslims or people of Middle Eastern descent but by home born American White Males....should we start deporting them?

Quote:The gunman's father claimed the massacre "had nothing to do with religion."[/size]

Dad doing his part. [/size]

It did have something to do with gay issues. He was disgusted when he saw two guys kissing in Miami, and he seemed to go off on it.

So, if it was religious it falls right in with a certain Baptist Church beliefs as well.

Terror has no boundaries, no religion, no ethic group. Just some really pissed up people.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:I don't blame President Obama for the attack at all.  However, his focus is in the wrong place.  Is this about gun rights and/or LGBT issues or is it about radical Islamic terrorism?

It's about hate. It's about terrorism. And gun rights too. 

A complex problem that requires multiple solutions. 

It's not just about terrorism. 

I had a response. I deleted it. I'm better than that.

Go buy a gun. Be ready to defend your family, should it come to that. May those who died rest in peace, and may their loss not be in vain.

Quote:I don't blame President Obama for the attack at all.  However, his focus is in the wrong place.  Is this about gun rights and/or LGBT issues or is it about radical Islamic terrorism?

No doubt. But there are many hate groups. Including so called Christian. Imo...religion is a world problem, sadly. Is this different than the school, movie theatre, mall shootings? There are just crazies among us. It was a hate crime. But that hate is not owned by just one group.

This scourge is a complex issue. Get ready to give up certain rights and freedoms...which may include gun rights, civil liberties, privacy rights,etc etc.

I have no answers, but becoming a version of Israel in its policies may not be far off the horizon.
Blakes Life Matters

The saddest part of all this is how quick it'll default to partisan arguments
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:The saddest part of all this is how quick it'll default to partisan arguments

It already has.  Listen to President Obama's statement and make your own mind up.  Is the most important issue regarding this event gun control, LGBT issues or the FACT that it was an act of radical Islamic terrorism?

Quote:The saddest part of all this is how quick it'll default to partisan arguments

Yes.

To jump on an agenda driven, finger pointing blame fest at a time like this, when we should be coming together, whether a city, State or as a country , within hours of this horrendous act is despicable in itself.

Don't even check out Facebook on some of the idiotic stuff posted there.

This can be debated later. Now we support.

The pathetic part is... No one, regardless of agenda, has the end all, cure all answer.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:It already has. Listen to President Obama's statement and make your own mind up. Is the most important issue regarding this event gun control, LGBT issues or the FACT that it was an act of radical Islamic terrorism?

The guy killed fifty people and injured fifty more. You know what jumps to mind first and foremost? Dude had a lot of firepower. That's a gun control issue. Radical Islamic terrorists are bad. Radical Islamic terrorists with access to automatic assault rifles and the training and ammo to go with it...is a gun control issue.

Now get back to your crusade, you oh so noble Christian.

Quote:It already has.  Listen to President Obama's statement and make your own mind up.  Is the most important issue regarding this event gun control, LGBT issues or the FACT that it was an act of radical Islamic terrorism?

Would this not have happened under Romneys watch? What do we do about First Amendment rights when Westboro, inflames and instigates?

I'm not an Obama sympathizer, but what he said wasn't terrible. It was a hate crime. Of course he'd mention it. The hate is hate, whether it's religion, sexual orientation, etc. Islamic terror...that was hatched right here, by a citizen. Again..are there Christian terror organizations, or hate groups.

Our freedoms are being tested, and slowly, I see them eroding...if not for just self preservation.

I don't have the answer, any sitting president doesn't, all think tanks don't.

In closing..one major issue facing us all is the agenda driven society. It's not about us as a collective nation, but rather us, our collective group. Gun rights. Gun control. Black lives matter. Blue lives matter. Gay rights. LBGT rights.

When we divide ourselves in so many ways, our demise isn't far behind.
Blakes Life Matters