Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Generation Snowflake

Quote:I previously worked government contracts. I completely understand this because there were lazy folks of all demographics that I had to deal with. The lack of initiative went from top to bottom and drove me nuts.

As for my current situation, I am just blown away by the amount of baby sitting I have had to do with American college kids (oldest being 21) when compared to their foreign peers (same age range; two guys from Nigeria, two girls from Thailand and Jordan).

I am sure it is all situational. I am glad to hear about younger people with initiative.

And cause I was a gazillionaire, and I liked doin it so much, I cut that grass for free.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They slash we I'm 32 are good at things you just have to find the value. Not to say your kids aren't bums. But if they have high expectations that is good the big bad world will help them adjust.
And cause I was a gazillionaire, and I liked doin it so much, I cut that grass for free.

(This post was last modified: 06-27-2016, 06:23 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

Quote:Ahh yes, people who disagree with you are 'robots' and don't know how to think for themselves.  Somehow the people who agree with you have avoided this lot in life.  Funny how conservatives go on about how 'tolerant' liberals are, without understanding that tolerance does not mean tolerating intolerance.  
I feel I need to extrapolate. I was talking about the universities inability to tolerate debate and inability to teach critical thinking skills. Thats an institutional problem, not a specific person problem. FYI, I do not identify as a conservative politically. I have literally had people from the university tell me I am 'mean' because I supported an non-political argument over a biochemistry question with references and statistics. If having a well-researched and supported answer to a science question is 'mean' than I don't know what to do with you because you have no critical thinking skills (not talking about you El Doctor, as you are one of my fav posters, but rather my interactions with the 'children' at this university).

I am fine with people disagreeing with me, I enjoy debate to a large extent because I believe it sharpens ones positions and proves if your beliefs can stand up to the fire. But when others see debates as 'mean' because 'someone disagreed with me/groupthink.' Well I got nothing for you, buttercup.  A mind that can think independently and examine facts critically is a beautiful thing, but the university I was attending was not giving that at all. But they exposed me to what kids who are 8-10 years younger than me are like now, and its obnoxious. They don't read the book, they don't know the material, and they are incapable of disagreeing with a professor even if the professor is totally and easily proven wrong with evidence. They are literally like Robots. They ignore the evidence and go on blind faith in what is being told to them even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. And these children will be YOUR healthcare providers someday. Its a tragedy.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.