Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Marrone

Quote:There's enough evidence as to why no one wants him as a head coach. I don't either. He'd be a disaster.
i agree I just read an article on nfl.com a couple weeks ago about his time in buffalo I don't remember the reasoning but it put him in a real bad light i dont even think the article was about him but it touched on both in him an their big hand qb idr wut his name is

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Bradley has been the coach for 3 years. No, I don't believe a coach "magically" can turn a team around, period. A great coach like Belicheck or Lombardi is probably worth a maximum of 2-3 wins and even Belicheck couldn't win with the Browns.

My original comments were meant to support Gus Bradley. However, even the most biased fan would have to admit that Bradley has done a poor job making halftime adjustments. The statistics clearly support this. As far as specific instances, I could point to several. Having Gerhart carry the ball 3 consecutive times from one yard out and failing to get in the endzone would qualify, I believe.
Your opinion is your opinion, but it's hard top tell if you've been paying attention. Up until this point in time, I don't think we could judge whether or not he is a good/bad Coach. His first three years he had Henne and whoever he was throwing to, and he had a rookie who brokeout his second year but also made second year mistakes. The only position group not flush with depth is LB. Couldn't say something like that as recent as last year. We knew coming in the defense required specialized personnel. Now that he has some/all of the pieces he needs, let's see what comes off that. Keep in mind, we were in most of our games last year. We have seen improvement from the team each year. We should be able to close out games where we would lose previously. Being able to do that coupled with a some upsets in games we should lose on paper would signal he's probably a good Coach. He hit on his replacement for Fisch, perhaps he does the same with Wash.

Quote:The only position group not flush with depth is LB. Couldn't say something like that as recent as last year.

Well, there's also the TE and S positions along with the interior OL.

You might also include RB except that I feel Corey Grant will turn some heads helping to fill this role. But with Telvin and Ivory, there's sort of situation like with Joekel and Beechum where whoever starts, at least we know his primary backup is pretty darn good.

'02