Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Single season sack record

I want to see a first round DE look the part for a change. That's it.

No pain, no gain.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

eff it, that'll be my bold prediction. #throwsontealshades

His primary job is to rush the passer. He's gonna see a lot of one on one. I believe.

I don't expect Fowler to be anything special this year.

What I do expect is for Fowler to help our D out as a clean up guy i.e finishing off plays via coverage sacks,second chance TFLs etc etc

He has the tenacity and tackling ability to thrive at it. I'd like to see how his pass rushing imoroves towards the end of the year though.

Not sure if Fowler will break any sack records this year or even in the future, but I do expect him to help Jackson/Marks/Day get more sacks from the inside due to the attention he will require. No doubt he will have a learning curve, but the initial impression he has made in OTA's combined with the hype he got coming out of the draft tells me he will be become a special player. Brackens had all the ability in the world, but took too many plays off. Fowler played hard at Florida even when nothing much was on the line. 

Quote:Who owns the franchise record? And can fowler beat it? I know tony brackens is the career leader, im just interested in what defensive records we could maybe see broken this season. Thoughts?

1.  You answered the first question.  Tony Brackens.

2.  It's possible, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Really, what records are the most important?  In my opinion overall team wins, divisional championship, Super Bowl.  Any other records are pretty much irrelevant.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!