Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No respect from national publications

Quote:No, I would expect Dave to not keep him in the first place if he thought he wasn't doing a good enough job.

So you really think Dave would have given an extension and then thrown himself under the bus for a coach he thought wasn't doing a good enough job? That has to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
The only thing stupider is suggesting a GM would badmouth the head coach in any way under any circumstances whatsoever. Congratulations on beating me in that regard at least.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I am going to offer this.  When you as a team put up 50 points against a team with 3 games remaining and fail to seize on that momentum there will be doubts regardless of improvements made in the off season.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:I am going to offer this.  When you as a team put up 50 points against a team with 3 games remaining and fail to seize on that momentum there will be doubts regardless of improvements made in the off season.

Don't forget the other guys get paid too.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:The only thing stupider is suggesting a GM would badmouth the head coach in any way under any circumstances whatsoever. Congratulations on beating me in that regard at least.
How would not taking the blame for someone badmouthing them? I would love for you to explain this.

Your argument is going down in a death spiral.

Quote:How would not taking the blame for someone badmouthing them? I would love for you to explain this.

Your argument is going down in a death spiral.

First I'll need you to explain whatever that is.

Speaking of death spirals everything you say makes me picture this.

Quote:First I'll need you to explain whatever that is.

Speaking of death spirals everything you say makes me picture this.

"How would not taking the blame for someone be badmouthing them?" Not that hard to figure out. Stop avoiding the question.

Quote:"How would not taking the blame for someone be badmouthing them?" Not that hard to figure out. Stop avoiding the question.

Not sure what you're asking. Let me refresh you since you seem to have the attention span of a gnat:

You said that Dave said the team's problems are personnel, not coaching, and I said Dave would never be stupid enough to badmouth the head coach going into the season under any circumstances, and then you came up with that gem right there.

So, what's your point?

Quote:Don't forget the other guys get paid too.
Perhaps you should revisit those last three games.

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:Not sure what you're asking. Let me refresh you since you seem to have the attention span of a gnat:

You said that Dave said the team's problems are personnel, not coaching, and I said Dave would never be stupid enough to badmouth the head coach going into the season under any circumstances, and then you came up with that gem right there.

So, what's your point?
Who said he needed to badmouth the coach? 

When does giving him an extension and then taking the blame due to lack of talent become just a way to not badmouth him? Again, you with these stupid concepts.

Quote:Who said he needed to badmouth the coach? 

When does giving him an extension and then taking the blame due to lack of talent become just a way to not badmouth him? Again, you with these stupid concepts.

Wow, one of the dumbest lines of questioning I've ever encountered. You do realize that it's implicit when he says the problems with the team are personnel and not coaching that there is the possibility of declaring the problem to be coaching and not personnel, right?

When Dave is asked, or just offers his thoughts on, "why did the defense get worked so hard?" he has a few choices, he can lie through his teeth and take accountability for it (basically say that Gus needs all of his all star players brought over from Seattle before the defense can stop being historically bad), he can decline to give any answers, which would always be interpreted as him not wanting to say the coaching is terrible, or he can say Gus failed to coach the guys up that have been brought in.

Sometimes you'll find someone in the NFL doing the second thing while a guy is about to be fired or has been fired, but you never catch guys in the NFL doing the third thing. Not talking badly about the people the team has and works with to the media is one of the biggest unspoken cardinal rules of the league.

Do you not understand this?

Quote:Perhaps you should revisit those last three games.

I saw them.  Sometimes no matter how badly you want to win, the other guys just play better.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Wow, one of the dumbest lines of questioning I've ever encountered. You do realize that it's implicit when he says the problems with the team are personnel and not coaching that there is the possibility of declaring the problem to be coaching and not personnel, right?

When Dave is asked, or just offers his thoughts on, "why did the defense get worked so hard?" he has a few choices, he can lie through his teeth and take accountability for it (basically say that Gus needs all of his all star players brought over from Seattle before the defense can stop being historically bad), he can decline to give any answers, which would always be interpreted as him not wanting to say the coaching is terrible, or he can say Gus failed to coach the guys up that have been brought in.

Sometimes you'll find someone in the NFL doing the second thing while a guy is about to be fired or has been fired, but you never catch guys in the NFL doing the third thing. Not talking badly about the people the team has and works with to the media is one of the biggest unspoken cardinal rules of the league.

Do you not understand this?
So he gave him an extension and then blamed lack of personnel for the team's performance so he wouldn't have to implicitly bad mouth him?

The more you type the stupider it keeps getting.

Quote:So he gave him an extension and then blamed lack of personnel for the team's performance so he wouldn't have to implicitly bad mouth him?

The more you type the stupider it keeps getting.

You do realize giving Gus a one year extension doesn't necessarily mean there's a significant amount of confidence in him from Dave, right? You do realize if he really thought so highly of Gus he could have gotten Khan to extend him for another 4 seasons, right?

You do realize that sometimes continuity is valued in spite of who that continuity might fall under, don't you?

I feel like I'm trying to educate a bitter and combative child talking to you.

Quote:I saw them.  Sometimes no matter how badly you want to win, the other guys just play better.
I said revisit but regardless you missed the point that the team as whole did not build on that momentum.  Something a team on the rise should do.  Had the team played well and lost would be one thing.  Wins and losses aside, they did not play well.  My desire for wins has nothing to do with that fact.

Quote:You do realize giving Gus a one year extension doesn't necessarily mean there's a significant amount of confidence in him from Dave, right? You do realize if he really thought so highly of Gus he could have gotten Khan to extend him for another 4 seasons, right?

You do realize that sometimes continuity is valued in spite of who that continuity might fall under, don't you?

I feel like I'm trying to educate a bitter and combative child talking to you.
Signing the extension shows that Caldwell had more faith in Gus than any of the other coaches out there.

Continuity is only valued when you believe it will eventually take you in the right direction.

I can't believe you are stupid enough to think that Caldwell giving Gus an extension, pointing out personnel issues as the main problem with this team, and then directly addressing those issues in the offseason is all a way to avoid badmouthing a coach that he actually doesn't think is any good.

You probably should stop trying to educate anyone. Children get really combative when they realize they are being spoken to by an idiot.

Quote:Signing the extension shows that Caldwell had more faith in Gus than any of the other coaches out there.

Continuity is only valued when you believe it will eventually take you in the right direction.

I can't believe you are stupid enough to think that Caldwell giving Gus an extension, pointing out personnel issues as the main problem with this team, and then directly addressing those issues in the offseason is all a way to avoid badmouthing a coach that he actually doesn't think is any good.

You probably should stop trying to educate anyone. Children get really combative when they realize they are being spoken to by an idiot.

You're right about some things there, but you're wrong about how you think they fit together. Peevish children aren't a significant concern of mine.

Did you also think that Caldwell saying Johnny Manziel was the most NFL ready guy in the 2014 draft meant he actually wanted him.

Well according to your logic he would have drafted him if he really didn't want him in order not to implicitly badmouth him.

Quote:Well according to your logic he would have drafted him if he really didn't want him in order not to implicitly badmouth him.

That sounds pretty stupid, but go ahead and walk us through the logic, step by step, and label it with the parts of my posts that you reach each part by. I could use some entertainment.

Quote:That sounds pretty stupid, but go ahead and walk us through the logic, step by step, and label it with the parts of my posts that you reach each part by. I could use some entertainment.
You can go back and read your own posts yourself. Stupid is pretty much how you roll in general.

Quote:You can go back and read your own posts yourself. Stupid is pretty much how you roll in general.

Okay, so you were just talking out of your rear end like usual, gotcha.