Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No respect from national publications

You've been arguing the whole time that Caldwell's actions were just to avoid badmouthing Bradley.

If you can't even understand your own stupidity, then there is no way I can go back break it down for you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You've been arguing the whole time that Caldwell's actions were just to avoid badmouthing Bradley.

If you can't even understand your own stupidity, then there is no way I can go back break it down for you.

Wow, so is this a case of you being unable to read or just going off into flights of fantasy?

Quote:Wow, so is this a case of you being unable to read or just going off into flights of fantasy?
Your statements are there for everyone to read. It looks like your stupid babbling confused yourself. LOL!

Quote:Your statements are there for everyone to read. It looks like your stupid babbling confused yourself. LOL!

No, it's definitely just you.

Quote:I said revisit but regardless you missed the point that the team as whole did not build on that momentum.  Something a team on the rise should do.  Had the team played well and lost would be one thing.  Wins and losses aside, they did not play well.  My desire for wins has nothing to do with that fact.

So you're saying if the team had played really, really, REALLY hard they would have won all those games?  Don't buy it.  The Jags at that point were a talented and young team with just too many holes on defense.  The NFL isn't the NCAA you know, the margin between wins and losses are paper thin.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2016, 11:16 PM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

I do this later

Winning fixes all.

You 2 are arguing like an old married couple. It's kind of funny and also kind of sad at the same time.

I do wonder what Dave REALLY thinks of Gus as a HC though? I mean what he honestly thinks.

It's one of those things that if he really thinks Gus is a great HC he would go ahead and say it, but if he doesn't think he is a great HC, there's just no way he would say that.

He has to have formed some opinion of Gus' ability as a HC after 3 full seasons of seeing him on the sidelines.

I know the Jags haven't had a lot to work with in those 3 years, but he would still have to have formed some kind of opinion one way or the other.

It also seems to me that the one year extension is more of a "prove it" type of extension then anything else, so I kind of see that as more negative then positive.

If he thought Gus was doing a great job, then he would have received more then just 1 year extension.

This upcoming season is certainly a big one for Gus as a HC, I think we can all agree with that, no matter where you stand on Gus as a HC.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:You 2 are arguing like an old married couple. It's kind of funny and also kind of sad at the same time.

I do wonder what Dave REALLY thinks of Gus as a HC though? I mean what he honestly thinks.

It's one of those things that if he really thinks Gus is a great HC he would go ahead and say it, but if he doesn't think he is a great HC, there's just no way he would say that.

He has to have formed some opinion of Gus' ability as a HC after 3 full seasons of seeing him on the sidelines.

I know the Jags haven't had a lot to work with in those 3 years, but he would still have to have formed some kind of opinion one way or the other.

It also seems to me that the one year extension is more of a "prove it" type of extension then anything else, so I kind of see that as more negative then positive.

If he thought Gus was doing a great job, then he would have received more then just 1 year extension.

This upcoming season is certainly a big one for Gus as a HC, I think we can all agree with that, no matter where you stand on Gus as a HC.
There is no way he could justify anything more than a 1 year extension at this point.

If Dave didn't believe in Gus, he wouldn't have given him the opportunity of another year. That doesn't mean Dave is guaranteeing Gus is the long term guy, it means Dave believes he is worthy of  a chance to work with a competitive roster.

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2016, 07:50 AM by Caldrac.)

We look good on paper at the moment. That's about it. Win and loss wise. I don't blame the critics. It's a put up or shut up business. In less you're Jerry Jones and the Dallas cowgirls. The mainstream gives them a chance no matter who the QB is during any point in time. Don't forget though. This is the same type of media that was basically burying Tom Brady and the Pats a few years ago after they apparently had a meltdown on national television against the Chiefs. But then they go on and win the SB anyway. 

It will be fine. We just need to win is all. Nothing more and nothing less. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:There is no way he could justify anything more than a 1 year extension at this point.

If Dave didn't believe in Gus, he wouldn't have given him the opportunity of another year. That doesn't mean Dave is guaranteeing Gus is the long term guy, it means Dave believes he is worthy of  a chance to work with a competitive roster.

Lame duck coaches rarely do well, the extension was to remove that as a distraction. If he's going to get fired that extension won't matter a hill of beans.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:You 2 are arguing like an old married couple. It's kind of funny and also kind of sad at the same time.

Yeah go tell them to kiss and make up 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Just got my first look at pre-season publications. Both Lindy's and Athlons picked the Jaguars for 3rd place behind the Texans and Colts. The only position group rated very high were the wide-receivers. On the one hand, I can understand that this team must first prove it on the field after so many terrible seasons, however I don't think they are factoring in all the team's new acquisitions enough.

Talent-wise, I would rate the Jaguars number 1 in the division- and by more than a small margin. The only position group that is a question-mark would be the offensive line, but even they should be significantly better than last year with the addition of Beachum and the return of Linder. The Texans do have a very solid defense, but if their q.b. was any good, I believe he'd be back with Denver. The Colts, despite having an elite q.b., have other concerns such as offensive line and their overall defense. 

In some ways, I like the dis-respect since it will motivate the team even more. However, once the pundits get a look at the speed and talent on our defense, it won't be long until they are seen as a strong favorite to dominate the AFC South for the next 3-5 years, at the least. Am I being too biased, or is this optimism warranted?
You are obviously biased, but I understand. The Jags have indeed acquired some outstanding acquisitions.... at least on paper; only regular season performance will determine if what we've got is what we thought we bought.

As for 'respect' from the pubs... why should they 'respect' us? Our record indicates we've been nothing but a bottom dweller for years now. The media celebrates tangible success and we've not produced any in a long time. So what if we've acquired what we hope will prove to be some good f/a's and rookies? They've not proven anything here yet; until they do, all the talk is just hype.

Speaking for myself, I'm sick of the 'hype'. Until I see them 'bring it' on the field, I reserve my optimism.

I love no respect threads, and top 100s

I can't believe the OUTSIDERS don't know that Jags are now the best in the division,and deserve to be ranked #1, in spite of recent past records

I am awed by Predator's logic and pattern of arguments

Seldom Rite, you earned a fan attempting to keep up

Jags message board, guaranteed treats all year round
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:You're right about some things there, but you're wrong about how you think they fit together. Peevish children aren't a significant concern of mine.

Did you also think that Caldwell saying Johnny Manziel was the most NFL ready guy in the 2014 draft meant he actually wanted him.
How are the two related? 

Any comments a GM makes about players right before the draft are never expected to be truthful.  Were you expecting Dave to just tell the world who he was going to draft?

Giving Bradley a 1 year extension wasn't a ringing endorsement, nor was it an indication that Gus' job is secure.  However, it is a pretty good probability that Caldwell AND Khan both recognize the challenges this team has faced since the start of this rebuild, and recognition that Gus has grown as a head coach during that stretch.  I think Caldwell's plan is for Gus to be his head coach for the long term, and that the biggest obstacle Bradley has faced since taking over is a real lack of talent to operate the way they envision.  I think they expected that to be the case, and that this plan was going to take time to develop.  I think we're at the point now where the expectation from everyone is that the team should be poised to take a significant step this year.  If it doesn't happen, we'll be talking about a new coaching staff next year.

Back to the topic, I always enjoy the Rodney Dangerfield threads where people complain about a lack of respect for the team in the media.  They take it so personally.  I guess we should all be really angry about something here.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I love no respect threads, and top 100s

I can't believe the OUTSIDERS don't know that Jags are now the best in the division,and deserve to be ranked #1, in spite of recent past records

I am awed by Predator's logic and pattern of arguments

Seldom Rite, you earned a fan attempting to keep up

Jags message board, guaranteed treats all year round
There's always something to keep the hand wringing segment of the MB full of angst and outrage. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Giving Bradley a 1 year extension wasn't a ringing endorsement, nor was it an indication that Gus' job is secure.  However, it is a pretty good probability that Caldwell AND Khan both recognize the challenges this team has faced since the start of this rebuild, and recognition that Gus has grown as a head coach during that stretch.  I think Caldwell's plan is for Gus to be his head coach for the long term, and that the biggest obstacle Bradley has faced since taking over is a real lack of talent to operate the way they envision.  I think they expected that to be the case, and that this plan was going to take time to develop.  I think we're at the point now where the expectation from everyone is that the team should be poised to take a significant step this year.  If it doesn't happen, we'll be talking about a new coaching staff next year.

Agreed completely.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Well I'm sure after we beat Green Bay in week one. We still won't get respect. What's wrong with packers? What's wrong with Rodgers? What's wrong with Randall Cobb? I won't care though. Go Jags! Steal the show!
Pretty much this. If we ever do well it's almost always because the other team was not at 100% that day, not at all because we actually did well. I'm ready for us to be a contender and build to being a force to be reckoned with.

Quote:You are obviously biased, but I understand. The Jags have indeed acquired some outstanding acquisitions.... at least on paper; only regular season performance will determine if what we've got is what we thought we bought.

As for 'respect' from the pubs... why should they 'respect' us? Our record indicates we've been nothing but a bottom dweller for years now. The media celebrates tangible success and we've not produced any in a long time. So what if we've acquired what we hope will prove to be some good f/a's and rookies? They've not proven anything here yet; until they do, all the talk is just hype.

Speaking for myself, I'm sick of the 'hype'. Until I see them 'bring it' on the field, I reserve my optimism.

Exactly!!

[Image: South-Park-rabble-rabble-rabble.jpg]

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]