Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dwight Freeney- the Jaguars should take a look

First and foremost I realize this is a long shot considering Dwight is 36 years old, but looking at his stats last season (36 QB pressures and 8 sacks in only 208 snaps) it's clear he still has some juice left in the tank, especially as a "situational" pass rusher. I think the Jags should kick the tires here, the guy is still productive off the edge and could be a nice "mentor" for Fowler, Ngakoue, and Tyrone Holmes. I like our young edge rushers, but it'd be nice to have a proven productive vet like Freeney in the fold.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:No

What's your reasoning?

Sure a vet presence would be nice. But as it stands, we already had to move Davis to a hybrid LB roll because we have too many bodies on the DL as is. There isn't really room for anyone else, besides maybe a proven, younger, top tier DE.

Who do you cut to make room for 36 year old Freeny? 21 year old Yannick? Ryan Davis, Roy Miller?

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Sure a vet presence would be nice. But as it stands, we already had to move Davis to a hybrid LB roll because we have too many bodies on the DL as is. There isn't really room for anyone else, besides maybe a proven, younger, top tier DE.

Who do you cut to make room for 36 year old Freeny? 21 year old Yannick? Ryan Davis, Roy Miller?

I'm not sure, it's a good question, I don't see the Jags parting with Davis or Roy Miller, for obvious reasons. A guy like Michael Bennett could be on the chopping block though, like I said earlier, I doubt they'll have much interest considering his age, but if he can come in and provide some pressure off the edge (like he did in Arizona last year) I'm all for it.

Quote:What's your reasoning?

First and foremost, why do people always assume that an older/veteran player would make a good mentor?

Secondly, why take snaps away from a younger player?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:First and foremost, why do people always assume that an older/veteran player would make a good mentor?

Secondly, why take snaps away from a younger player?

Well obviously the veteran Chris Clemons will be missed.

;

;

Maybe LJ would finally learn how to block guys with spin moves.

He doesn't fit the mold of any model this team is working with.  No thanks.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Freaking Methuselah refers to Freeney as " Old Man ".

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

No reason to go after a man that's a shell of his former physical self. Keep developing those young guys. Freeney would just take snaps from guys we want to see grow.

Pass like Blake to Arob

Maybe in 2009.

Freeney is at that point where you sign him late in season when you're making a playoff push and have a key injury.

Sign him as a coach not a player.

I think he could be a useful player in a situational role but he's strictly a LEO on this team.

We already have Fowler, Ngakoue and Holmes locked into that role.

I don't see any of them being cut in favor or a stop gap player, nor do I see them carrying four players for one pass rush position.

Our LEO position is reminiscent of WR in 2014. Extremely talented but inexperienced. We just have to be patient.

Quote:No reason to go after a man that's a shell of his former physical self. Keep developing those young guys. Freeney would just take snaps from guys we want to see grow.
this

No, for the reason that we would have to cut a good young player to make room for him.

Quote:First and foremost, why do people always assume that an older/veteran player would make a good mentor?

Favre mentore Rogers -- that worked out pretty well.   j/k

Quote:Favre mentore Rogers -- that worked out pretty well.   j/k

I don't know if you are joking, but the truth is, Favre did not mentor Rodgers.