Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Barring any further injuries, how high is Marqise Lee's ceiling?

Is he just another situation down kind of WR like Walters and Greene? or can he give Hurns a run for his money at the #2 spot? I think Lee has all the intangibles needed to be a great WR in this league; trouble is, he has to stay healthy. Thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No injuries=no ceiling for Lee

Quote:No injuries=no ceiling for Lee

no ceiling = Jerry Rice

Lee = no injuries = no ceiling = Jerry Rice

Lee is a guy much like Blackmon who can catch the ball and then do something with it. I don't know that his ceiling is as high, but his game reminds me of a young Terrell Owens.

'02

Quote:no ceiling = Jerry Rice

Just a word of advice... Don't compare your rookies to the greatest that ever did the job. 

Quote:no ceiling = Jerry Rice

Beautiful maths.

I completely agree.

Quote:Just a word of advice... Don't compare your rookies to the greatest that ever did the job. 

Why? It's just outlining his huge potential.. doesn't mean that it's going to be the case..

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Lee is a guy much like Blackmon who can catch the ball and then do something with it. I don't know that his ceiling is as high, but his game reminds me of a young Terrell Owens.

Lee compares to Owens? Not seeing that comparison at all.

Ceiling is high. Main reason is his explosiveness. If he stays healthy he will be scary on the field with Allen bros and Thomas. 

Quote:Lee compares to Owens? Not seeing that comparison at all.

I just see similarities.... athleticism... great reach and hands ... can catch short and take it deep or flat catch it deep ... overall playmaker mentality

'02

He would've been the first receiver off the board if he came out in this last draft.

Healthy victor Cruz.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:I just see similarities.... athleticism... great reach and hands ... can catch short and take it deep or flat catch it deep ... overall playmaker mentality

Pretty much any good reciver in the NFL could be described as that. I think a good comparison for Lee is Golden Tate.

He reminds me of DeSean Jackson, although Marqise is a little bigger.  

Depends on a lot of things. For instance, does he have a one story house? If so he may have 9 ft ceilings or 12 foot ceilings. My house has both. If it's 2 stories then the ceilings could be significantly higher. Depending of course on what floor your on and if has a open floor plan. Factoring in injuries doesn't really change anything. If he got hurt and had to sit down for instance it wouldn't really change the height of the ceiling it would just alter his distance from it.

Additionally I think he can be a solid #1 or #2 when healthy. Even with the Allen's on the roster in front of him he is an asset...when healthy.

If he gets going we are so dangerous. Him with the ball in his hands is freaky.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:Just a word of advice... Don't compare your rookies to the greatest that ever did the job.

Good thing he's in his 3rd year!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2016, 06:36 AM by Bullseye.)

I don't see the Rice or Owens comparisons at all.

I think in order to gauge his ceiling, you have to figure how he's going to be utilized.

Bradley and Co. have repeatedly stated they envision him working outside, especially in 3-4 WR sets, which would enable Hurns to work inside.  Lee has the speed to get deep that Hurns and AR15 don't have.

I think if you were to draw any historical comparison with Lee, think back to the 1990s Buffalo Bills teams, where Beebe and Lofton worked outside, enabling Reed to work the slot.  He would be our version of Beebe.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:He reminds me of DeSean Jackson, although Marqise is a little bigger.  

Good route running in and out of slants to get wide open at times.

Quote:If he gets going we are so dangerous. Him with the ball in his hands is freaky.

That catch (though he had to limb off of field as he was injured)...