Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Barring any further injuries, how high is Marqise Lee's ceiling?

Quote:Why? It's just outlining his huge potential.. doesn't mean that it's going to be the case..

Don't mind him, he's a Tack troll.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Don't mind him, he's a Tack troll.

Noted, thanks.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2016, 02:11 PM by D0hv.)

I remember when he was the best WR in the country and a projected top 10 pick once. I don't know what the hell happened.

-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996

3 WR sets with Hurns, Robinson and Lee and Thomas the lone TE - that could be incredible. Hoping he stays healthy, but I'm not sure Lee is going to be posting huge numbers as the 3rd or 4th option (with Thomas being included and assuming full health of everyone). With that said, his value as someone defences absolutely have to account for could be huge, even if you can't put a statistical measurement on that.

You make sure you have deep safeties to cover him, cause that's where he's going if they put him on the field. That makes ARob, JT, or Hurns (one of the three) one on one, and we know how that will end. He either catches a bomb for a TD, or they get gutted across the middle by the others. A healthy Lee is huge for the offense.

Lee's best comp is Victor Cruz. He's not big, he's not exceptionally fast, doesn't run great routes, and has now shown a pretty good injury pattern. All of that is Victor Cruz in a nutshell.

However, they both do have one exploitable skill...and that is very good short area burst. You can use that to create mismatches in the slot, exactly like the Giants did when Cruz had his pro bowl 2011. 

As long as the Jags keep trying to use Lee as an outside receiver he will fail to live up to expectations forever (especially some of the wacky ones in this thread sheesh), but if they were to start using him out of the slot he has the potential to be a good contributor if he can stay healthy for a while. 

CBSsports.com draft coverage...

<p style="color:rgb(17,17,17);font-family:'proxima-nova', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">"COMPARES TO: Victor Cruz, New York Giants - Like the 6-0, 204-pound Cruz, Lee lacks the frame to wow scouts but his agility, acceleration and soft hands make him a natural playmaker. It is unknown whether Lee can salsa, but he's a breathtaking talent who should have plenty of opportunities to develop touchdown dances of his own in the NFL.

<p style="color:rgb(17,17,17);font-family:'proxima-nova', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(17,17,17);font-family:'proxima-nova', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">--Rob Rang (2/4/14)"

Quote:Is he just another situation down kind of WR like Walters and Greene? or can he give Hurns a run for his money at the #2 spot? I think Lee has all the intangibles needed to be a great WR in this league; trouble is, he has to stay healthy. Thoughts?
Well... the injury thing with Lee is the 'white elephant' in the room, wouldn't you say?

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2016, 04:33 PM by jaguarmvp.)

This play sums up Lee's pro career.  He will do something wonderful and then just get hurt.  Rinse and repeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JilR9m7V69w

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

The g.o.a.t.

Quote:This play sums up Lee's pro career.  He will do something wonderful and then just get hurt.  Rinse and repeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JilR9m7V69w

I love the comment at the end where they say, "He's smart because he runs of the field so they don't waste a time-out." Well of course he is. He's had plenty of experience getting injured on the field so he knows precisely what to do in that situation.

I truly hope Lee can turn it around. When I mentioned TO above, I'm not really saying his ceiling is quite as high, but I'm reminded of watching TO and how much yards he'd gain after the catch. If you can get Lee with the ball in his hands and a little space, I can totally see him going Justin Blackmon on us
(the on-the-field version)
. That said, I've noticed the same ability with even more proof in the pudding with Rashad Greene. I love watching these guys who can take a shorter pass and then turn it into a huge play. This is stark contrast to a guy like Walters who is good at finding the first down marker and making the catch, but gives you nothing in terms of YAC.

'02

Quote:Lee is a guy much like Blackmon who can catch the ball and then do something with it. I don't know that his ceiling is as high, but his game reminds me of a young Terrell Owens.
TO was a much bigger and stronger player than Lee.  Not a good comparison but Lee has the talent be a special player if he can stay healthy

Victor Cruz is a good comp. Another one would be Keenan Allen of the chargers. Healthy he would be that defense buster who helps put a good offense into the stacked category. I don't see him as capable of carrying an offense as a lone speedster like D.Jackson.

Without Robinson and Hurns he could still be a #1 but we would need a threatening run game or a big time TE to compliment. Whereas a guy like TO could have zero run game or compliment WRs and still dominate. Only thing we got close to that is ARob.

I don't think he will ever reach his ceiling because he is just way too injury prone.

It's just a matter of time until the next injury keeps him on the sidelines once again.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We could have 3 1,000 yard receivers easily if he performs and doesn't get hurt.

Starting slot player in the nfl, if he can stay healthy.

Quote:We could have 3 1,000 yard receivers easily if he performs and doesn't get hurt.

Love this thought!

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

I just want to see him go a month without tying his hammys into square knots. If he does that, he'll be fine.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

He is good enough to take the #2 spot from Hurns.  The Big If is if he can stay healthy. The guy has world class talent but the best ability is availability. Fred Taylor battled injuries earning him the nickname "fragile" Fred.  Fred finally got over it and became a dominant back.  Lee has that kind of potential.  When he flat out runs it's like he is in a higher gear than anyone on the field.  Check out around 4:00 on this video.  He takes an 7 yard catch, makes a cut, and gains over 30 yards to make it first and goal at the 1. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5UF3YDS4Ys

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Just a word of advice... Don't compare your rookies to the greatest that ever did the job. 

Just a word of advice:  Learn the transitive property and you'll understand my post.  I did nothing but use a mathematical formula to provide an illustration of another posters response.