Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Matt Jones 3rd best Jag All TIme

Quote:1.) Jimmy Smith

2.) Keenan

3.) Matt jones

4.) Mike Sims Walker

5.) Allen Hurns

If Matt Jones isn't top 3 who would you put? He had all the potential but Gerrad did not have the deep ball pass which Matt jones exceled at.
Ok I'll bite eventhough this is a stupid thread.

Fred Taylor

Mark Brunell

John Henderson

Marcus Stroud

Tony brackens

Toni boselli

Just to name a few.

Go away troll.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My bad I meant 3rd best jags WR.

Quote:My bad I meant 3rd best jags WR.

ARob. Boom.

Funny thing is Matt Jones is our fifth best WR in terms of yards, only a couple hundred behind both Reggie Williams and Cecil Shorts.

Quote:My bad I meant 3rd best jags WR.

next post ....

"My bad i meant 3rd best jags WR between 2005-2008"

next post ....

"My bad i meant 3rd best WR living in Fleming Island"

next post

"My bad I meant 3rd best WR over 6'5" tall on the cul-de-sac of Fleming Way in Fleming Island"

Quote:Funny thing is Matt Jones is our fifth best WR in terms of yards, only a couple hundred behind both Reggie Williams and Cecil Shorts.

That's like being the 5th hottest chick at the Wyoming vs South Dakota game.

lol, hilarious

I have seen it all now .. Matt wasnt even better then Reggie Williams... Smh..

Who here bought those cheap imitation matt jones #18 jerseys at Walmart. lol

Matt would have had more touchdowns than Reggie Williams but Gerrard never threw his way in the endzone. He was targeted in every other part of the field except the endzone.

You have to admit. if it was 3rd and 4 we all felt confident matt jones would catch the slant for a 1st down

Quote:Matt would have had more touchdowns than Reggie Williams but Gerrard never threw his way in the endzone. He was targeted in every other part of the field except the endzone.

You have to admit. if it was 3rd and 4 we all felt confident matt jones would catch the slant for a 1st down

I recall a game where Matt Jones got 5 jump balls in the endzone and came down with 0

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:Matt would have had more touchdowns than Reggie Williams but Gerrard never threw his way in the endzone. He was targeted in every other part of the field except the endzone.

How old are you???

Quote:Matt Jones could have been the jaguars best receiver of all time if Jack didn’t derail his career. He had the intangibles with a 6’6 frame that ran a sub 4.4. He progressively got better each year and reached 700 yards on his final year with a backup QB in a run first offense. He was clutch at catching 3<sup>rd</sup> down balls for a 1<sup>st</sup> a trait our current receivers don’t possess.

If Del Rio didn’t get mad at the fact that he was dating his daughter Matt would still be part of the jags and teaching this younger crop of receivers.

Matt has 1 follower on twitter.  Thanks for answering the age old question ......

Matt Jones would be hard stretched to make the current roster at WR. The guy wasn't even a football player. Granted he had great hands and speed, but he avoided contact at all costs, and if a ball were knocked loose and was up for grabs, he'd just stand there looking at it refusing to get into the action. The only player I can think of who was even wimpier than Matt Jones was Deji Karim.

'02

Not gunna' do et.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The remedial OP aside, I actually really liked Matt Jones. He was starting to turn the corner his final year here. If he actually applied himself he could've been a star in this league. Definitely one of the bigger "what-ifs" in Jaguars history.

Matt Jones' largest deficiency was the 6" between his ears.

Regards...............the Chiefjag

[Image: internet-troll.jpg]

I agree with the premise.  He had more God given ability than any WR that has ever played for the Jaguars.  He just didnt care one bit about football.  And as the many jokes above have said, he'd rather do coke in a walmart parking lot than be in the NFL.  If he had had the desire and the "want to" of a guy like Wes Welker, he would have been an awesome football player.  He was so talented.  Total waste.

I think sometimes we as sports fans dont appreciate players who are blessed athletically and live up to the hype.  I'm not comparing the two, but a guy like Lebron has more God given ability and talent than arguably anyone in NBA history.  He hit the ultimate gene pool jackpot.  The powerball of genetics.  Just total dumb luck.  And to his credit, he has taken that ability and maximized his potential.  We expect him to be great because he is just so much bigger and more athletic than everyone else.  And he has worked his butt off to be as good as he could be.  Matt Jones on the otherhand didnt work a day in his life to becoming better at football.  Total waste, total shame. 

Drugs are bad, mmkay
No commercial messages in sigs