Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Overwatch?

Anyone else here planning on getting Overwatch? I really enjoyed the beta and I've put in several hundred hours in Team Fortress 2, so I figure this game will have some legs for me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I prepurchased the day the beta ended, the first game I ever prepurchased.  Then again it's only $39 on pc

I already picked up the Origins Edition from Best Buy and installed it. Now the wait begins until 7pm est.

I really enjoyed the beta on PC. Love the characters and the game is full of color. I'll probably wait for a price drop though. Saving money for Battlefield 1 and Civilization VI later this year. 

Never heard of it until yesterday but definitely buying after reading up on it. Reminds me of Timesplitters a little bit.

So I can safely say that I'm addicted. Symmetra's probably the most complex character I've got figured out, I love D. Va's being basically the anti-tank, Reaper and McCree are fun to play, but Tracer, wow. Not the best character by any means, but she's so much fun to play if your mentality shifts from, "I'm gonna kill everything," to, "Let's see how confused I can make them."

Got it for PC and it's great fun. They need more game modes though.

Quote:Got it for PC and it's great fun. They need more game modes though.

Competitive play is supposed to come out and the game director said “We're also working on a TON of post-launch features and content. It's going to be a pretty amazing summer...”

Hopefully the "features" are gameplay oriented and not just more sprays and such (I'm assuming that's what the "content" is)

They did say that all maps and heroes will be free. They're going to make bank on people buying up those loot boxes, so I bet they'll keep people engaged with a fairly consistent stream of free content.

Quality fps on PC.

Quote:They did say that all maps and heroes will be free. They're going to make bank on people buying up those loot boxes, so I bet they'll keep people engaged with a fairly consistent stream of free content.

My friend spent $20 so far on those boxes, which to me sounds like a lot for something that's completely random.  I cant spend that much on something that's random, especially when all they give me now is Lucio garbage lol

Quote:Quality fps on PC.

Yeah, I stopped caring about FPS games awhile ago but I'm loving this game.  Reminds me of the vanilla TF2 days. 

I took tomorrow off. For a long weekend, I said.

...a long weekend of Overwatch, I thought to myself.

After about 15 levels, my loot boxes finally turned around. I only had unboxed one skin and two of the same victory poses, all of which were blue or gray. Today, I've gotten a purple and a gold item as well as multiple skins.

However, my win/loss ratio plummeted substantially today...

Quote:My friend spent $20 so far on those boxes, which to me sounds like a lot for something that's completely random.  I cant spend that much on something that's random, especially when all they give me now is Lucio garbage lol

Yeah, I stopped caring about FPS games awhile ago but I'm loving this game.  Reminds me of the vanilla TF2 days. 

Yeah, it's practically gambling on virtual items and Blizzard is going to make a boatload of cash off of loot boxes. It's pretty crazy, but I saw someone post on a forum that they spent $300 in loot boxes. I have a feeling we'll get a whole new series of loot box with new items inside along with a new hero and some new maps by fall. Blizzard is going to want to keep the game fresh, so players retain interest in the game and buy up loot boxes.

Is it sad that I'm still playing bots? I want to more or less master a few characters before I go into playing against humans lol.

Quote:Is it sad that I'm still playing bots? I want to more or less master a few characters before I go into playing against humans lol.

Have you not played against any humans yet?

I can't think of the last game I played against bots, even as a moba player I tend to skip it lol.  Though I do get yelled at for sucking.

What a great game,so much fun.

My favourite characters so far are Reaper,Mcree,Bastion(love hate relationship with him),Roadhog,Junk Rat and Widowmaker. Tracer is so hard to kill.

Quote:Have you not played against any humans yet?
Yes, with characters like D. Va and Tracer that I know well.

Quote:Yes, with characters like D. Va and Tracer that I know well.

Ah ok, I wasn't sure if you were exclusively playing against bots until you got better with every hero.