Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I believe that with the offensive line and rb additions..

We haven't seen the full potential of ar15 hurns Lee and Thomas.. I think with a former probowler in Chris ivory.. The offense is gonna explosive.. Look at what he did with the jets. He opened up the passing game for fitz Marshall and decker.. I think the jags will have a similar impact on offense as well.. Its up too ivory whether he can do that same for us.. Though it hasnt.. Yet.. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Luke Joekel...that is all.

It'll be interesting to see how the starting oline, as well as the depth, shake out; and if they'll be good or not.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Luke Joekel...that is all.
Kelvin Beachum...that is all.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

I dont see the upgrades you are talking about on the oline. It will be once again, a weak spot for this team, barring any other additions.

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2016, 11:11 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:I dont see the upgrades you are talking about on the oline. It will be once again, a weak spot for this team, barring any other additions.

Beachum signed ,Linder back,Cann with a year under his belt,Beadles gone. All those things are positives for me.

Quote:Beachum signed ,Linder back,Cann with a year under his belt,Beadles gone. All those things are positives for me.

Really? That's what you're giving me. So our additions were a guy coming off a major injury and a backup in Bernadeau.

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2016, 07:17 AM by imtheblkranger.)

Quote:Really? That's what you're giving me. So our additions were a guy coming off a major injury and a backup in Bernadeau.
Bernadeau has started like 60 some games. He's definitely an upgrade over Beadles. Sure there were better guards available in FA, but we decided to fix the defense. And who knows, someone like Shatley could step up and take on a full time position at LG and then we have a quality backup in Bernadeau.

Linder back and Beadles gone alone make the OL better.

Beachum was one of the best pass blocking LTs in the league, and his ACL was early in the year, he'll be ready by week 1. Had he torn it week 17 or something then yeah I'd be more concerned. Worst case scenario hes only 50% and Luke steps up and beats him out. A 50% healthy Beachum is still better than a lot of LTs.

Could we have done more? Sure we could have. I have a feeling they were targeting a center in the draft bit it didn't fall that way.

I'll agree that OL is likely our weakest position group now, but it's better than last year. How much was Beadles poor play alone affecting LT and C?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

The OL is still the weakest group IMO.  However, it is "serviceable".   

Quote:The OL is still the weakest group IMO. However, it is "serviceable".

Its serviceable but one injury away from being terrible again.

Quote:Its serviceable but one injury away from being terrible again.

This is probably the only time I'll ever have to say this, but he's right. The oline is gonna be in a bad way if the injury bug hits us there. Those guys staying healthy is gonna be huge, and even then, it's kind've a patchwork oline right now with Cann and Linder being the only 2 solid bets going into the year.

Quote:This is probably the only time I'll ever have to say this, but he's right. The oline is gonna be in a bad way if the injury bug hits us there. Those guys staying healthy is gonna be huge, and even then, it's kind've a patchwork oline right now with Cann and Linder being the only 2 solid bets going into the year.
and Parnell

Quote:and Parnell

Yeah. The Center, RG, and RT are pretty solid.

It's the LG, and LT that are questions. If Beachum returns to form, LG is the only position we need to address. And then just add depth. Shatley played well in backup guard duty last time I remember him in. Bernadeau is solid depth with starting experience. Just need to figure out who that LG will be. I expect to pursue an OL next year in FA and draft. But I think we'll be ok this year, better than last year for sure.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

So, in other words, we'll struggle if a starter goes down like the vast majority of other teams?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I don't think Parnell is a long term fixture to be honest. He's a good run blocker, but he's not the best pass blocker and he's not irreplaceable. When I say Cann and Linder are the only solid bets, I mean those are the only 2 guys that we can actually have high expectations for in the short and long term.

The 2017 offseason is gonna see a similar build on the offensive line that the defense had this offseason I think. It's pretty obviously our most glaring need next to pass rushing DE (still).

Quote:So, in other words, we'll struggle if a starter goes down like the vast majority of other teams?
pretty much, could struggle with the starters in if Beachum asnt ready week 1. The oline is still better than last year though. Beadles is addition by subtraction

Quote:So, in other words, we'll struggle if a starter goes down like the vast majority of other teams?

Pretty much. If Cann or Linder go down, it's gonna get ugly. I hope I'm wrong and Luke Bowanko is a good option at center for us in case of injury, but I don't really see it tbh.

Bklyn has to have something to be negative or whine about. I dont let much bother me anymore. If the sky is blue or water is wet he would whine like that. Ive been with a lot of women but never one that whined as much as him. Id hate to live life like that

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2016, 12:43 PM by RicoTx.)

Quote:Bklyn has to have something to be negative or whine about. I dont let much bother me anymore. If the sky is blue or water is wet he would whine like that. Ive been with a lot of women but never one that whined as much as him. Id hate to live life like that

He's a real-life Eeyore.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

It's a foregone conclusion. really smart people say so. Rolleyes

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.