Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Are you finally ready to admit...

That John Oehser is bad luck? The sooner the problem is expunged, the better off the franchise will be.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Nice attempt at humor.

Quote:Nice attempt at humor.

Just stating something factual. Not really humor.

Bad luck=factual....oooookay

I'm starting to beliebe.

Believing is the first step to a solution.

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2016, 06:01 PM by Sosa.)

Yep.

Myself and StroudCrowd have been saying this for years now. Wake up and realize it, you fools!

I'm a believer now

Regardless he needs to go. I fall asleep listening to that guy

He leaves the Colts immediately before they "suffer" through a 2-14 record and land the #1 pick in the draft. Andrew Luck joins them and their fortunes are reversed. He comes to Jacksonville, and, well... Oesher giveth and he taketh away. 

Quote:That John Oehser is bad luck? The sooner the problem is expunged, the better off the franchise will be.

Tony Boselli, the franchise's first ever first round draft pick, suffered a knee injury before his first season.  It's a Jaguar's tradition and Oehser has nothing to do with it.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

He's definitely a Colt plant.

Check my thread about his response to this issue
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2016, 07:14 PM by elprimero.)

Quote:Nice attempt at humor.
Not sure anyone who still uses the quickly overused and unfunny "welp" can really judge that.

Or you could randomly put others down for no reason, that's fine.

I don't see it.

Oesher replaced Vic in 2011. Now if there were anything to this, I'd think it would play a role in Hanson chopping himself with an ax, but that happened back in 2003. I wondered if this occurred when he was writing for the T-U, but he stopped writing for them in 2001. 

'02

He's not a bad reporter, and the injuries have more to do with the staff IMO than luck.

As far as 1st round picks go... well.. that might just be a curse..

Quote:Tony Boselli, the franchise's first ever first round draft pick, suffered a knee injury before his first season.  It's a Jaguar's tradition and Oehser has nothing to do with it.

Uhhhhh, he was here then too, wasnt he?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Uhhhhh, he was here then too, wasnt he?

If by "here", you mean "born", then yes.  But OP said bad luck started when he "took the helm" by which I presume he meant became the senior Jaguars writer.  So the answer would be, no.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

It's funny, but this injury has made me lose my excitement from the draft, even it ends up being minor. :-(
No commercial messages in sigs