Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ESPN Still Unimpressed with the division...

despite the strong drafts the division had.

No team ranked higher than 12th.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/154939...ers-behind

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why would the draft move any teams up? 

If you are relying on rookies to make your team better, for the most part, you are in a tough spot.

Until these 4 teams start to prove anything, 12th isn't that unreasonable.

I feel like there are quite a few teams that I consider worse than the Jaguars above them.

The feeling is mutual. I've been unimpressed with ESPN for well over a decade.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:The feeling is mutual. I've been unimpressed with ESPN for well over a decade.
Well played.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2016, 03:58 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

Quote:despite the strong drafts the division had.

The division winner from last season got absolutely destroyed by a wild card playoff team, at home no less.

Where did you really expect the AFCS division to be ranked?

Also, the Jags being ranked at 23 is certainly an improvement over the last several seasons of post-draft NFL power rankings.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2016, 05:22 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:The division winner from last season got absolutely destroyed by a wild card playoff team, at home no less.

Where did you really expect the AFCS division to be ranked?

I had no expectations about the rankings.  Didn't really give them much thought at all until I stumbled across this article today.  Perhaps some slight improvement, but nothing earth shaking.

While ESPN is called the four letter network for a reason, I don't expect us to garner any favor with them until we win games. Drafting and FA only matters on paper. Everybody notices wins.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2016, 11:53 PM by Thunderkyss.)

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15493927/nfl-power-rankings-new-england-patriots-carolina-panthers-top-green-bay-packers-behind'>http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15493927/nfl-power-rankings-new-england-patriots-carolina-panthers-top-green-bay-packers-behind</a>

12th is ridiculous. Cowboys, Chiefs, Vikings, Bengals better than every AFCSouth team... I'm not buying it.

Raiders, Jets, Redskins better than the Texans? Nope, I don't think so.

Raiders better than the Jags... I'm not buying that.

Quote:Until these 4 teams start to prove anything, 12th isn't that unreasonable.
Why don't the Redskins, Vikings, Cowboys, & Raiders have to prove anything? Three out the last four years, the NFCEast has been won by a team 9-7 or worse.

The Bengals haven't won a playoff game in a decade & the Vikings have one good year under their belt. If a healthy Andrew Luck means the Colts will run away with the division, a healthy Green Bay Packers team will bury the Vikings in the NFC standings.

& the Raiders have to play the Broncos & Chiefs twice.
ImATexan

Quote:Well played.
ENTERTAINMENT & sports <span style="font-size:18px;">Programming Network</span>.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

I too am unimpressed.

The mothership? More like mother [BLEEP].

Only a chump boos the home team!

Considering our divisions representative in the playoffs last year got shut out. I'm not that surprised. I don't agree with it however. ESPN is notorious for talking up big market or popular teams. Until we have a good year, I don't expect them pay us much attention or give us much credit.

Who would you put higher then 12? What teams already in the top 12 would you put them ahead of?

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Who would you put higher then 12? What teams already in the top 12 would you put them ahead of?
Good questions.

I made the observations without giving it too much thought beforehand.

I have the feeling 2-3 teams up top will fall off some.

Quote:Who would you put higher then 12? What teams already in the top 12 would you put them ahead of?

I'd put Houston & Indy above the Bengals, Cowboys, Vikings & Chiefs

I know the Chiefs spanked us twice last year, shut us out in one of those games..... but still. We're better now (post Hoyer) than the Chiefs. Definitely not six teams worse with the Jets, Redskings, & Raiders between us.

ImATexan

Quote:I'd put Houston & Indy above the Bengals, Cowboys, Vikings & Chiefs

I know the Chiefs spanked us twice last year, shut us out in one of those games..... but still. We're better now (post Hoyer) than the Chiefs. Definitely not six teams worse with the Jets, Redskings, & Raiders between us.
I can't put you guys above the Chiefs for the same reason I can't put us above you guys yet.

You spanked us twice on the field last year, dominating us in the second meeting, just like the Chiefs did with you guys.

I dunno ESPN Is too worried about who on their staff they have to fire next for saying anything offensive to Democrat viewers.

I think they lost sports credibility along time ago.

Is the AFC South the best division as a few are hyping up, absolutely not.  What is the offseason for if not to sell hope and in return sell tickets before the disaster of this season occurs?   That being said the Texans improved the QB position (but not that much IMO) and still have other problems, Colts have their star QB healthy again, and Titans have made some interesting additions and moves that make them not a good team this year but possibly next & in the future.  I think the Jaguars have the best chance of winning the AFC South than they've had in over a decade this year.  That being said the HC hasn't proven to win more than .250% on average each year.... he has the talent but i can see why other reporters dont see it as happening as much as the die hard fans (us) do..

It's pretty fair. We were a pretty weak division last year overall. That will change this year though. I think each team has done enough to improve the talent level so I could see us having an NFC East type division this year where every team is flirting with .500 and staying away from the bottom overall in the NFL. 

This division still comes down to coaching though. Do you feel comfortable with Gus Bradley here? I don't. Do you think the tack's fanbase REALLy believes in Mike Mularkey? I doubt it. Chuck Pagano was rumored to be nearly on his way out all year last season with the clots. With Luck back in the fold his fortune could change. I still question his abilities as a coach. And then that leaves Bill "Butt Hole Chin" O'Brien as the coach for the tinhorns. He was the most impressive given that he had a top quality defense with a revolving door of hot trash at QB last year. 

That's about it. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:I can't put you guys above the Chiefs for the same reason I can't put us above you guys yet.

You spanked us twice on the field last year, dominating us in the second meeting, just like the Chiefs did with you guys.

Well, that 30-0 shellacking wasn't as bad as the score. 

It was a 13-0 game, or something like that halfway through the second half. Our defense was hanging in there, I guess thinking O'b was going to pull the trigger & bench Hoyer. That's 13-0 after four turnovers. 

Then we sent Hoyer out there again, there was another turnover & I think there was a mutiny. 

ImATexan