Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
George Kittle

Think some of you are already on this train but I'd like to join!

He's a freak

George Kittle - Iowa Pro Day

6'4.0", 251 lbs

4.07 shuttle

6.76 3-cone

38.5" vertical

https://t.co/HR1M7Vjgja

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hmm, I am going to speculate that these are some of those wacky pro day times you see sometimes. He's definitely a really good athlete we knew that, but I am skeptical that he's a full tenth faster in the shuttle and 3 cone out of the entire already freak class. 

Quote:Hmm, I am going to speculate that these are some of those wacky pro day times you see sometimes. He's definitely a really good athlete we knew that, but I am skeptical that he's a full tenth faster in the shuttle and 3 cone out of the entire already freak class.

There's no way the 3 cone is legit. The vert not surprising as they usually go up a few.

The normal discrepancy between times is around .9

He also ran a 4.52 40 at the combine. He is a stud blocker with apparent freakish numbers, he could definitely be someone to keep an eye on.

Quote:There's no way the 3 cone is legit. The vert not surprising as they usually go up a few.
The point remains though, he has been overlooked in this TE class until recently. 

You won't have to convince me to draft Kittle.  As an Iowa guy I absolutely love him.  He's a good athlete, very good blocker, has good size, he's a good guy off the field and he's solid in the passing game.  He needs some work on routes and things but I think a good WR/TE coach would really help turn him into more of a threat in the passing game.

I like the guy. Have been touting him and Sprinkle as my bargain 5th round TE prospects.  I wonder if Kittle's stock rises beyond that? 

(CBS is now projecting him late 4th/early 5th.)

There's no reason to doubt his combine numbers. The guy is all around clearly athletic, and he was already known as one of the better blockers in this draft. The only question would be his receiving skills, and I'm not saying that's a question necessarily... I'm just saying we haven't yet answered that question in this thread.

I'm starting to think early round 4 for Kittle, and I'd take him over Shaheen.

'02

He's one of those guys I think will have a better pro career than college

He should be gone before day 2 is over. 

I like him and Shaheen.

Quote:I like him and Shaheen.

I'd be happy with either in round four... my ultimate target would be Bucky Hodges or Jordan Leggett in round three... I keep thinking we'd have to reach for either in round two, but at that spot we might be able to get Njoku or Engram.

'02

Quote:I'd be happy with either in round four... my ultimate target would be Bucky Hodges or Jordan Leggett in round three... I keep thinking we'd have to reach for either in round two, but at that spot we might be able to get Njoku or Engram.
I like them both, but I don't think that after the Julius Thomas fiasco Dave will be too interested in glorified WRs Engram or Hodges. I've seen a few draftniks that are even including them in their WR ranks and not TE ranks. There are so many other flavors of TE in this class that are both receiving and blocking threats...

Quote:I like them both, but I don't think that after the Julius Thomas fiasco Dave will be too interested in glorified WRs Engram or Hodges. I've seen a few draftniks that are even including them in their WR ranks and not TE ranks. There are so many other flavors of TE in this class that are both receiving and blocking threats...

I can see why you might call the tiny Everett Engram, or for that matter Gerald Everett, a glorified WR, but you're way off base with regard to Bucky Hodges. Bucky is a true TE in every way only he's a fantastic athlete to boot. He's a huge TE and a good blocker as well.

'02

Quote:I can see why you might call the tiny Everett Engram, or for that matter Gerald Everett, a glorified WR, but you're way off base with regard to Bucky Hodges. Bucky is a true TE in every way only he's a fantastic athlete to boot. He's a huge TE and a good blocker as well.
I'm not going to claim that I've watched enough to confirm it myself, but like I said I've seen enough concerns about Hodges blocking that some people I follow and usually like have called him a glorified WR. His size would suggest that if he puts in the effort he would become a good blocker if those draftniks are in fact correct. 

I haven't watched any Iowa games but what I have seen of him, he looks very impressive. How do you all think stacks up against Koyak/Sterling

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:I haven't watched any Iowa games but what I have seen of him, he looks very impressive. How do you all think stacks up against Koyak/Sterling

He's a level or two above them both right out of the gate with room to improve on the passing side of the game.

He's a day two pick in my opinion that will end up presenting tremendous value down the road.

Quote:I can see why you might call the tiny Everett Engram, or for that matter Gerald Everett, a glorified WR, but you're way off base with regard to Bucky Hodges. Bucky is a true TE in every way only he's a fantastic athlete to boot. He's a huge TE and a good blocker as well.

Hodges is a horrible blocker. I thought Mayock was gonna have an anyeurysm at the combine he was so upset about it during the blocking drills.

Quote:Hodges is a horrible blocker. I thought Mayock was gonna have an anyeurysm at the combine he was so upset about it during the blocking drills.

He's not polished as a blocker, but he's certainly big enough with the frame for it. What he lacks is all teachable. Beyond that, he's truly the perfect TE. The guy is an absolutely phenomenal athlete despite being absolutely massive. You here talk of Gronk and Howard being tough match-ups. Bucky is going to be the same. If Hodges is actually there in round three you just can't pass on him.

'02