Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL - Way Too Early Look at Green Bay Thread***

Quote:It's time for us to...

Steal the show.

iunderstoodthatreference.jpg
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jacksonville wins, because of a 48 yard field goal by Myers.

Quote:Jacksonville wins, because of a 48 yard field goal by Myers.

If Myers had made that FG against Indy, we wouldn't have Jalen Ramsey and Myles Jack. All hail Myers.
Shock the world

The Jaguars have a 50-50 shot at winning the opening coin toss...
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:If Myers had made that FG against Indy, we wouldn't have Jalen Ramsey and Myles Jack. All hail Myers.

I like the way you think

The matchups for this game will be interesting

Quote:The matchups for this game will be interesting
I agree.

In fact, I like the way we match up against them, especially defensively.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Stop Jordy and I think we can win. They won't be able to run the ball against us.

Will the defense be able to gel quickly enough? I'm not too sure about that.

I just posted this in another thread, but it belongs here...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">I'm kind of worried about the Jordy Nelson vs Devon House matchup considering House was a backup there when Jordy was considered perhaps their best player after Rodgers.

'02

Quote:I just posted this in another thread, but it belongs here...

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">I'm kind of worried about the Jordy Nelson vs Devon House matchup considering House was a backup there when Jordy was considered perhaps their best player after Rodgers.

Depending on how fast he adjusts, Ramsey might be on Jordy
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

<p style="margin-left:40px;">I'm kind of worried about the Jordy Nelson vs Devon House matchup considering House was a backup there when Jordy was considered perhaps their best player after Rodgers.
I am not quite as concerned about Jordy Nelson for a few reasons.

1.  I would be inclined to think Ramsey would be matched up on him.  I know Ramsey would be a rookie making his first start, but physically he represents the ideal matchup. (Nelson 6-3, 215; Ramsey 6-1, 209).

2.  Nelson will be 31 by the start of the season.  If he isn't already, he will soon be in decline.

3.   Nelson will be his first year back from an ACL tear.  Anecdotally, it takes a player two years to fully recover from an ACL tear-meaning to return to pre injury form.

He is still a knowledgeable and savvy WR, so even with the above, he should be a threat.

Nevertheless, I'd say to the Jaguars, he is less of a threat due to the factors listed above.

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2016, 12:48 PM by JackCity.)

I think putting Ramsey on Nelson off the bat would be feeding him to the lions.

If he's healthy I'd put Prince on him.

Quote:I think putting Ramsey on Nelson off the bat would be feeding him to the lions.

If he's healthy I'd put Prince on him.
Is there a "lesser" Packers receiver you'd like to have him cover?

He is the 5th overall pick.

You don't draft a CB that high if you plan on insulating him from the best WRs in the league.

You draft a CB that high because you think he can handle the best WRs from other teams.  If the coach finds it necessary to protect Ramsey from having to cover a guy like Jordy Nelson, Ramsey was not the guy to draft.

Id put Ramsey on Cobb

House on Nelson w/ deep help from Gipson

Prince on Montgomery or Adams whoever the #3 ends up being

Have Poz man up Lacy

Jack take out the TE

we really don't have a lot of missing matches on paper

Send Cyp and Telvin on various blitz schemes and we'll walk out with the win

And watching almost all Packers games (live extremely close to Lambeau) Our Offense should be able to dominate there Defense. Thomas and Marcedes should have a huge game if the O-Line can pick up Matthews we will be absolutely A-OK they aren't very good against the Run so it should be TE/RB heavy plan. I can't see A-Rob having a big game. Lee or Greene might have contributions as Packers are really only 2 deep on reliable CB's

Quote:Id put Ramsey on Cobb

House on Nelson w/ deep help from Gipson

Prince on Montgomery or Adams whoever the #3 ends up being

Have Poz man up Lacy

Jack take out the TE

we really don't have a lot of missing matches on paper

Send Cyp and Telvin on various blitz schemes and we'll walk out with the win
Why would you put Ramsey on Cobb?

1)  Do you think Cobb is the Packers best receiver/biggest receiving threat? or

2) DO you think Ramsey matches up better with Cobb than any other Packers' receiver? or

3) Do you think Ramsey needs to be protected against going up against the Packers' best receiver in Nelson?

I would do it more because I think that Ramsey would be our best match up against the quick twitch reciever that Cobb is. I believe that Ramsey would be able to shut him down 1/1 that would allow us to shift the help to the House/Nelson matchup

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">I'm kind of worried about the Jordy Nelson vs Devon House matchup considering House was a backup there when Jordy was considered perhaps their best player after Rodgers.

Good thing we have Davon House.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2016, 01:53 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:I would do it more because I think that Ramsey would be our best match up against the quick twitch reciever that Cobb is. I believe that Ramsey would be able to shut him down 1/1 that would allow us to shift the help to the House/Nelson matchup
I can see that.

The way I was looking at it was just matching up CBs to receivers across the board, as if all were playing man.

Of course, Gipson over the top changes things up some.

Quote:I would do it more because I think that Ramsey would be our best match up against the quick twitch reciever that Cobb is. I believe that Ramsey would be able to shut him down 1/1 that would allow us to shift the help to the House/Nelson matchup
Ramsey wont shut down cobb, he cant handle that kind of agility.

Im not super worried about the outside corners i think we can get by on those matchups. But if we cant stop cobb rodgers will exploit that easily.