Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Our Corner's (nice depth)

Nice depth at corner right about now...how many we keep and who is the odd man out this year?

Ramsey, House , Prince, Colvin, Gratz, McCray, Marshall....Looks like Gratz, McCray, and Marshall will be fighting for a job if you ask me!

<FONT color=teal size=3><P align=center></FONT><P align=center><FONT size=3>NO WORRIES JAGS FAITHFUL, WE HAVE A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAMBig Grin</FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The odd men out are obviously McCray and Gratz.

Quote:The odd men out are obviously McCray and Gratz.
How is it obvious? I think there's a better than even chance that one of those two survives and Marshall is (deservedly) shown the door.

Just haven't been impressed with Gratz. Willing to give McCray another shot

We good at corner that's all I know.
Shock the world

Quote:How is it obvious? I think there's a better than even chance that one of those two survives and Marshall is (deservedly) shown the door.

I forgot about Marshall.

Nick Marshall or Peyton Thompson could be option at FS also. We don't have a true FS besides Gipson right now. Jalen Ramsey could perhaps play there too.

Quote:Nick Marshall or Peyton Thompson could be option at FS also. We don't have a true FS besides Gipson right now. Jalen Ramsey could perhaps play there too.
Good point

Quote:Nice depth at corner right about now...how many we keep and who is the odd man out this year?

Ramsey, House , Prince, Colvin, Gratz, McCray, Marshall....Looks like Gratz, McCray, and Marshall will be fighting for a job if you ask me!

Agreed but it doesnt help when your GM doesnt mention your name (in regards to Nick Marshall) or HC (Gus didnt mention Marshall or McCray..)

I want to see Ramsey should play learn to play both cornerback  and safety. Make him a starter at one job and situational player or backup at the other.

McCray probably odd man out

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

I think McCray is a good player - better than Gratz.  However, I think Marshall and McCray are the odd men out.  The Jags may have made a mistake with playing Marshall as much as they did last year as he is not eligible for the practice squad any longer.  Gratz probably has the leg up over McCray as he can also play nickel.

The truly obvious weak spot for me is Strong Safety at this point, because I am hoping that Fowler Jr is one hundred along with Marks on the inside.  Then you have FA Malik Jackson whom can play really anywhere on the line, and Yannick Ngakoue competing for LEO.  I am assuming that Myles Jack plays OTTO & they move Skuta to a LEO rotation but not really sure the master plan yet..

Quote:I think McCray is a good player - better than Gratz.  However, I think Marshall and McCray are the odd men out.  The Jags may have made a mistake with playing Marshall as much as they did last year as he is not eligible for the practice squad any longer.  Gratz probably has the leg up over McCray as he can also play nickel.

The big mistake we made with Marshall was using him as a kick returner. I have no problem with how much he played on defense.

Quote:The truly obvious weak spot for me is Strong Safety at this point, because I am hoping that Fowler Jr is one hundred along with Marks on the inside & Jackson and Yannick Ngakoue competing for LEO.  I am assuming that Myles Jack plays OTTO & they move Skuta to a LEO rotation but not really sure the master plan yet..

I don't see any scenario where we move Skuta. He likely will stay as Jack's backup.

Quote:The big mistake we made with Marshall was using him as a kick returner. I have no problem with how much he played on defense.

I dunno 13 attempts for 346 yards an average of 26.6 yards isn't horrible, 5 attempts for 30 yards on Punt Returns kind of stunk.

He was only a Undrafted Free Agent so it wasn't like anything was risked really in trying him out.  Think of how many 6th & 7th round picks never make the team in the 2nd year....

Quote:I don't see any scenario where we move Skuta. He likely will stay as Jack's backup.

I think both GM & HC have already discussed on a few occasion of moving Skuta to Leo while he might also remain on the depth chart at OTTO as a backup (he would probably be a backup Leo too).

Quote:I dunno 13 attempts for 346 yards an average of 26.6 yards isn't horrible, 5 attempts for 30 yards on Punt Returns kind of stunk.

He was only a Undrafted Free Agent so it wasn't like anything was risked really in trying him out.  Think of how many 6th & 7th round picks never make the team in the 2nd year....

Unfortunately the punt returns are what I remember. He effectively caused our loss against the Jets by fumbling around the 5-10 yard line.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2016, 01:09 AM by FreeAgent01.)

Quote:The big mistake we made with Marshall was using him as a kick returner. I have no problem with how much he played on defense.

Well, because he played 13 games with us last year he will be on another team's roster this year.  It would have been nice to have him on the practice squad to develop, being as that he was picked up to be a developmental player.

Quote:Well, because he played 13 games with us last year he will be on another team's roster this year.  It would have been nice to have him on the practice squad to develop, being as that he was picked up to be a developmental player.

Playing 13 games last year has nothing to do with his probability of playing for a different team next season. He could stay in Jacksonville while another cornerback gets cut.