Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
David and Gus draft comments

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2016, 09:45 PM by VisitingCobra.)

Just listened both the Bradley and Caldwell interviews on 1010xl

1. Gus/Dave said Jalen will play corner (but they like his flexibility and will likely move him around).  David said they will ask him to do even more than he did at FSU.

2. Dave Caldwell said he knew Dallas would pick a running back, and knew they'd get Ramsey as soon as the Chargers selected Bosa

3. Caldwell said he thinks the Chargers took Bosa because he may be a better pass rusher, even though Buckner was a better fit

4. Caldwell said he'll wait till around 20 and see if he can get back into the first.  He said it will likely cost him a 4th rounder.

5. On Ramsey's lack of interceptions,  Caldwell said something along the lines of things were so easy for him in college he was bored, and that there will be more opportunities for him (but didn't really say how).

6. Caldwell said Myles wasn't off their board and in the end Ramsey had the least red flags of all the prospects. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Just listened both the Bradley and Caldwell interviews on 1010xl

1. Gus/Dave said Jalen will play corner (but they like his flexibility and will likely move him around).  David said they will ask him to do even more than he did at FSU.

2. Dave Caldwell said he knew Dallas would pick a running back, and knew they'd get Ramsey as soon as the Chargers selected Bosa

3. Caldwell said he thinks the Chargers took Bosa because he may be a better pass rusher, even though Buckner was a better fit

4. Caldwell said he'll wait till around 20 and see if he can get back into the first.  He said it will likely cost him a 4th rounder.

Don't remember what else.
I like it!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

4. Tells me I need to keep watching.

Oh, yea.  Caldwell was also answering a question about Ramsey's lack of interceptions.  He said something along the lines of things were so easy for him in college he was bored, and that there will be more opportunities for him (but didn't really say how).

[url=]http://
Quote:<p lang="und" dir="ltr">@McShay13 pic.twitter.com/GPBWOtX7fD
— Sterling Brown (@KoulianosBrown1) April 14, 2016
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/url]

If by some miracle, Myles Jack is still available in the 20's, Id swing for the fences for him. Sacrifice a 2nd and two Day 3 picks? Absolutely. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

I'd say that trade up will depend on Kelly being there.

Quote:If by some miracle, Myles Jack is still available in the 20's, Id swing for the fences for him. Sacrifice a 2nd and two Day 3 picks? Absolutely. 
Spending the 25th pick on a guy whose knee might only have a couple years in it is no better than spending the fifth, imo.

Quote:If by some miracle, Myles Jack is still available in the 20's, Id swing for the fences for him. Sacrifice a 2nd and two Day 3 picks? Absolutely. 

That's another thing Dave Caldwell just said.  He said Myles wasn't off their board and in the end Ramsey had the least red flags of all the prospects. 

Day 3 picks isn't exactly "swing for the fences".  Plus when are they getting a pass rusher?

Quote:Spending the 25th pick on a guy whose knee might only have a couple years in it is no better than spending the fifth, imo.

Thats knee jerking the situation. (Pun intended). At worst, He tears it up and hes down a year as they repair it for good during that season. His knee isn't so bad that it threatens his longevity as a player. His skill will have more to do with that. 

Quote:That's another thing Dave Caldwell just said.  He said Myles wasn't off their board and in the end Ramsey had the least red flags of all the prospects. 

Day 3 picks isn't exactly "swing for the fences".  Plus when are they getting a pass rusher?

Maybe its not a huge risk but blowing 3 picks in general is. Its just worth it considering his knee might actually hold up and we got a top 5 player for chump change pretty much

Can't wait to see whats next. 

I am way too wound up to go to bed, this didn't help! If I call in sick tomorrow no one will know the difference because there are no football fans at my office.

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed."
;
- B.C. Forbes

Can you imagine walking away from the draft with Jalen Ramsey and Myles Jack (if he falls to later in the 1st and DC nabs him)....

If Dave pulls off Ramsey and Jack, I will be giddy.

Quote:I'd say that trade up will depend on Kelly being there.

Or maybe Spence.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I'd say that trade up will depend on Kelly being there.

You can't trade into the first for a Center. And also, he is unavailable now.

5. On Ramsey's lack of interceptions,  Caldwell said something along the lines of things were so easy for him in college he was bored, and that there will be more opportunities for him (but didn't really say how).

6. Caldwell said Myles wasn't off their board and in the end Ramsey had the least red flags of all the prospects. 
Maybe between Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Seattle, we can deal up.

I'm thinking Pittsburgh might be a candidate because they needed CBs, and there was an early run on CBs.

Seattle might be a candidate because they need help along the offensive line and perhaps could use the extra picks.

Quote:If Dave pulls off Ramsey and Jack, I will be giddy.
I'm thinking about that, too.

Quote:4. Tells me I need to keep watching.
Yes. Yes you should.

Trading back up in the 20 for Center Nick Martin or LB Myles Jack? or someone else?

Okay the last comment makes me think trading back up for Myles Jack.. wow that would be exciting.. watching to see what happens!

Quote:Trading back up in the 20 for Center Nick Martin or LB Myles Jack? or someone else?
I would think Dodd or a pass rusher if not Jack.